Old-School Metallica Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Kill'Em'All
Ride The Lightning
Master Of Puppets
...And Justice For All
The Black Album

Can I get a :rockon: x infinity?

Metallica was incredible before they became...like they are now.

Lighting, Puppets, and Justice are three of THE greatest metal records ever recorded.

Justice is my favorite right now.

Look at this stuff...

Four Horsemen
Whiplash
Pulling Teeth
Fight Fire With Fire
Ride The Lightning
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fade To Black
Escape
Creeping Death
The Call Of The Khutlu
Battery
Master Of Puppets
The Thing That Should Not Be
Welcome Home(Sanatarium)
Disposable Heros
Orion
Blackend
And Justice For All
Eye Of The Beholder
One
To Live Is To Die
Dyer's Eve
Enter Sandman
The Unforgiven
Wherever I May Roam
Nothing Else Matters
The God That Failed

Old School Metallica :rockon: :drool:

namkcuR said:

The Black Album

Enter Sandman
The Unforgiven
Wherever I May Roam
Nothing Else Matters
The God That Failed

Old School Metallica :rockon: :drool:

Metallica was incredible before they became...like they are now.
Sorry, man they started down this road in 1991.

As an old school Metallica fan from way back in the day, I just have to say that this album and it's songs would never be considered old school Metallica by myself or any of my fellow metal head friends.

This was the album that caused a lot of us to start asking "what the fuck?" 15 years later, still asking........

That said.....

Lighting, Puppets, and Justice are three of THE greatest metal records ever recorded.

I don't think there is any question that Justice is the greatest metal album of all time. It's the fucking benchmark. At least to me.
Puppets= right there behind. These are Metallica's Joshua Tree and Achtung respectively.

I would say there are other metal albums, that expand upon the various genres of metal that are equals to Justice, but for a straight up metal album, it cannot be beat.

ride the lightening = the only metallica worth owning.

i hate puppets.

namkcuR said:

well, I like "old school Metallica" but that's pretty hard to say... maybe Ride the Lighting is one of the greatest Thrash Metal records ever recorded but that's all

:up:

I'm a Metallica fan just for that 5 albums. I don't care for Load and Reload, expect for some songs like "Fuel" and I officially hate St.Anger, I can't listen to that thing.

My favourite is Puppets...

It's a shame they aged so badly... compared to other bands like Iron Maiden...
I'd like to see them live anyway

that's what i thought. it would be weird if he said he actually liked them.

he in the post above mine. macphistoXL dude. don't you read anything? he specified that he didn't care for load or reload. does anyone? no, because they suck.

IWasBored said:
he in the post above mine. macphistoXL dude. don't you read anything? he specified that he didn't care for load or reload. does anyone? no, because they suck.

It doesn't matter anyway. Only my opinion should count: I can out-metal anyone here.

Lila64 said:

grumpyyes.gif

The only Metallica album I could ever get into was Ride The Lightning. That album has moments of brilliance.

of course they do - as do most bands with death growling vocals, like Six Feet Under :yuck: I saw Arch Enemy, but I had to go hang out at the bar after the first few songs. Her vocals are ungodly...

The Four Horsemen
Motorbreath
Pulling Teeth
Seek And Destroy
Fight Fire With Fire
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fade To Black
Trapped Under Ice
The Call Of Ktulu
Battery
Master Of Puppets
Sanitarium
Orion
One
To Live Is To Die

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Kill Em All ****1/2
Ride The Lightning ****1/2
Master Of Puppets *****
And Justice For All ****1/2
Metallica *****
Load ***
Reload ****
Garage I & II ***1/2
St. Anger *

No opinion or idea about S&M :shifty:

got_edge said:

It doesn't matter anyway. Only my opinion should count: I can out-metal anyone here.

:lol: Such confidence! :love:

I once had the "Enter Sandman" riff stuck in my head for weeks. Some of their songs are catchy...the Black Album is probably the only one I could listen to regularly, not being an extreme metal fan.

Back
Top Bottom