Old Harry Rocks, Dorset, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Derek dropped the L word.

I've got no idea about this Derek story, but I'm assuming this is one of those "good, but now more frustrating than ever" things where it was great to hear it (finally, by the sounds of it?), but there are other matters complicating this so it's not some clear cut "yay, he said it!" thing.
Either way, I hope you're all good with the biz that be happening!

And here ends a tricky response of offering support to someone whom you only know on the net, and then only a little, with news of which seems groundbreaking, and news that is hard to say if it's entirely good or entirely bad or something in between.
:lol:

:huh:

:hug: ?

:wink:

I've got no idea about this Derek story, but I'm assuming this is one of those "good, but now more frustrating than ever" things where it was great to hear it (finally, by the sounds of it?), but there are other matters complicating this so it's not some clear cut "yay, he said it!" thing.
Either way, I hope you're all good with the biz that be happening!

And here ends a tricky response of offering support to someone whom you only know on the net, and then only a little, with news of which seems groundbreaking, and news that is hard to say if it's entirely good or entirely bad or something in between.
:lol:

:huh:

:hug: ?

:wink:
I'll accept the :hug: It's so complicated, it's not even funny. I wouldn't know where to begin.

I second the no operation sentiment. Hopefully your ears are just blocked and a draining will help?
Sorry if anyone is eating :lol:
Or is it just me who finds medical procedures stomach turning? :wink:

:lol: OK, here's the TMIness. There's a major build-up of fluid BEHIND the ear drums in both ears. So syringing my ears won't help. Basically, the medication I'm on now is to try to lower the inflammation of the infection and get at least some of it to drain so that I can hear satisfactorily. If I'm still deaf come Tuesday, basically I'll have to have a procedure where they put me under local anaesthetic, make a small nick in my ear drum, and drain all the fluid out from behind it.

I am apparently especially unfortunate to get this in both ears at once. Most people only get it in one. Oh no, I had to go the whole hog!

Alarmingly, I'm feeling the same way as Daniel at the moment. I'm hoping it's because of an Olympic lack of sleep.

You are going to be very sick.

Did you see Usain Bolt in the 200m last night? Holy fucking shit.

:lol: OK, here's the TMIness. There's a major build-up of fluid BEHIND the ear drums in both ears. So syringing my ears won't help. Basically, the medication I'm on now is to try to lower the inflammation of the infection and get at least some of it to drain so that I can hear satisfactorily. If I'm still deaf come Tuesday, basically I'll have to have a procedure where they put me under local anaesthetic, make a small nick in my ear drum, and drain all the fluid out from behind it.

I am apparently especially unfortunate to get this in both ears at once. Most people only get it in one. Oh no, I had to go the whole hog!
That's not fun, but it's a quick, easy procedure. My cousin got it all the time.

Yeah they always start us on thursdays idk why... and for some reason we always start in august also.

Thursdays? That's bloody odd.

Though I remember one really fucked up start to the school year back when I was in high school. We missed Monday and Tuesday, went back on the Wednesday, got Thursday off thanks to Australia Day, then came back again on Friday. Let's just say about half the school took either Wednesday or Friday or both off!

Ah. Not good bud. Wishing good things for you mate.
:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom