Old Harry Rocks, Dorset, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incidentally, no, I didn't sleep through my alarm. As soon as I woke up, I had to go see the doctor. Since the pain's gone down to a considerable degree, that's a good sign the antibiotics are treating the actual infection, but since I'm getting more deaf ... well, that means TMI stuff, so I'm on more medication in the hope that will treat that without needing to have a minor operation.

Hey axver and Daniel. :wave: I wanted to talk to you 12 hours ago, but you both piked 15 minutes before I signed in.

Things are going really really reallllllllllllly well :) How are you and everyone else here too?

And Axver you're the antichrist? Since when were you Barrack Obama?:wink:

Somehow I'm not surprised things are going well. :wink:

I could be better, what with my ear infection leaving me deaf and unable to go to university since I can barely hear people even when they're right in my face, let alone on the other side of a room. Hence I'm using Barack Obama as my decoy until I regain my health and evil POWAH.

Incidentally, no, I didn't sleep through my alarm. As soon as I woke up, I had to go see the doctor. Since the pain's gone down to a considerable degree, that's a good sign the antibiotics are treating the actual infection, but since I'm getting more deaf ... well, that means TMI stuff, so I'm on more medication in the hope that will treat that without needing to have a minor operation.

Yikes, Hope you don't have to have the operation.

I'm still feeling weak, disy, no energy today :sigh:

Somehow I'm not surprised things are going well. :wink:

I could be better, what with my ear infection leaving me deaf and unable to go to university since I can barely hear people even when they're right in my face, let alone on the other side of a room. Hence I'm using Barack Obama as my decoy until I regain my health and evil POWAH.

Aww damn an ear infection that sucks...I guess a bunch of prog metal bands just lost half their listenership :wink:

Yikes, Hope you don't have to have the operation.

I'm still feeling weak, disy, no energy today :sigh:

Yeah, I hope all this medication I'm on does its job. I've just taken two pills and I have four more to take soon. :crack:

Ick, that's not a good sign. You're not feeling especially fatigued in the eyes, are you?

:hug:

Aww damn an ear infection that sucks...I guess a bunch of prog metal bands just lost half their listenership :wink:

:lmao:

Thank god the Olympics are on, or I'd go stark raving mad.

Wait, I already am stark raving mad. Maybe I'd go sane.

Yeah, I hope all this medication I'm on does its job. I've just taken two pills and I have four more to take soon. :crack:

Ick, that's not a good sign. You're not feeling especially fatigued in the eyes, are you?

Yeah I'm feeling pretty tired in the eyes, and If I'm at the comptuer screen for too long I get a headache.....and have to go look away for 5 minutes.... Its really a head thing, as well as my arms and sometimes when I walk my legs feel like Jelly almost. Its not like I'm not eating properly, and I'm sleeping quite well the past few nights.

Yeah I'm feeling pretty tired in the eyes, and If I'm at the comptuer screen for too long I get a headache.....and have to go look away for 5 minutes.... Its really a head thing, as well as my arms and sometimes when I walk my legs feel like Jelly almost. Its not like I'm not eating properly, and I'm sleeping quite well the past few nights.

As Ian told me a couple of weeks ago: You are going to be very sick.

A sane Axver...:yikes: that's a scary though

Yeah, the world's just not ready for that.

So if I'm still unwell when the Olympics are finished, I'll keep cycling through all the DVDs and videos I have, to avoid sitting here in silence and going sane!

Somehow, I'm not actually surprised.
:angry: Yeah, well, I said it back and he freaked out and clammed up.

Part of our convo:

Me: There is nothing good on TV at one a.m.
Derek: i feel the same.
Me: I mean, there's Family Guy reruns, but I hate that show with a passion.
Derek: what? its awesome..
Me: Peter is an idiot. I hate him. The rest is alright. especially Stewie.
Derek: no way.
Me: Yeah well I'm watching it anyway
(five minutes later) Me: I want to see tropic thunder.
(twenty minutes later) Me: Did you fall asleep on me? Ha ha. Good night either way.
Derek: No. But goodnight. i love u.
(after 4 hours of spazzing after I woke up to this text this morning) Me: Love u too.
Derek: What?
Me: Check your outbox. you said it first.
Derek: oops
Me: Haha. Dork. Were you just that sleepy?
Derek: I guess.
Me: I've been over-analyzing that since I woke up. trying to figure it out.

The consensus seems to be, yeah, it was an accident, but he meant it and he's freaked himself out. Which is why he's not responding.

I just want to know if he meant it.

Yeah, the world's just not ready for that.

So if I'm still unwell when the Olympics are finished, I'll keep cycling through all the DVDs and videos I have, to avoid sitting here in silence and going sane!

The Olympics can be cool, especially the sports that involve people doing...cool things off a diving board, or on a mat or balance beam or anything; some sports suck though; if I wanted to see two men hit each other I'd stand outside a bar at last call:wink:

Basically, what happened with me is that over a couple of days, I noticed I was abnormally tired, sore arms and legs and fatigued eyes; initially just at night, but then far earlier than when I'd ever be feeling tired and ready for bed. Then when it really kicked in, pretty much any movement was too exhausting and I spent not last Saturday but the Saturday before doing little more than lying on the couch with the Olympics on.

Luckily, I got over the hill pretty quickly. I just happened to run into an ear infection as it faded! :mad:

In any case, my advice is simply to rest! Nurofen is apparently good, though I didn't have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom