Old(er) men

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pax

ONE love, blood, life
Due to my almost life-long fondness for Bono, my recent infatuation with Igor Larionov (see Put 'Em Under Pressure), and my annoying tendency to have crushes on professors, I tender to the Interference ladies and gay men this question:

Why, do you suppose, some young(er) women (let's say under 30 just for the sake of argument) find themselves attracted to old(er) men (let's say 40+, for the sake of argument)?

And it's not just me. I've noticed this phenomenon in some of my friends, too. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

It is not just you. I have never dated anyone younger than myself. The smallest gap was like 4 years. All the others have been like 6 or 7 years older. There was one that was 8. I don't know why. I would like to hear some theories.

I'm 20, and John is 33. I have never met a guy my age who even comes close to being as wonderful as John. I love that he's ready for the commitment of marriage. I love that he isn't just trying to get a piece of ass. I love that he is mature and responsible and truly cares about me. I've never met such a sweet guy who is my age. Then again, I've never met such a sweet guy period. So maybe it has nothing to do with age.

I've always been attracted to older men. The youngest guy I ever dated was 5 years older than me.

I think, for me, it's that men are immature all around, no matter what age. Dealing with an older man lessens some of that immaturity.

At least that's how it was for me in the past . My fiance is 7 years older than me and he is the youngest man I've ever met!!! Lucky me. *sigh*

I met my husband when I was 21 and he was 36. I was attracted to him because he was stable and hardworking but fun as hell when it was time to cut loose. Maturity goes a long way and unfortunately the guys my age at that time just didn't have it. We had the same goals for the future and it just felt like a perfect match right from the start.

We have been together for almost 15 years and there has never been a dull moment. I know issues will come up eventually but so far, our age difference has never been a problem.

Bono's American Wife said:

We have been together for almost 15 years and there has never been a dull moment. I know issues will come up eventually but so far, our age difference has never been a problem.

I am so glad to hear that. Good for you. :up:

Ladies, please.

I am trying real hard to behave myself and think of you younguns, eh, as little sisters.

and then the revelations, damn, well I will disregard and continue to be the gentleman.

It's weird for me because I had been involved with a guy 8 years older than me (I'm 19, he's 27)...before that, I had been involved with a guy 4 years older than me...before that, a different guy also 4 years older. Right now I'm kind of grooving on a guy who's less than a year older, which is something I'm still getting used to--he's in the same place as me in school, kind of at the same spot goals-wise and things.

Still, I worry because I'm so used to dating older guys. Even though he's very mature (I think), I'm not quite sure how to deal with guys my own age. The 27-year-old was a selfish bastard, though, so... ::shrugs:: :|

A long time ago I realized the guys that stood around in the locker room and told all those stories??

Well, they liked hangin? out in the locker room, seein? who they could get a rise out of.

Not my style, to each their own.

Back
Top Bottom