Okkervil River thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The goddam Imperor's new avatar has me listening to Okkervil River right now, I'm so pissed off about this. Wish I could remember why it mattered to me, it doesn't matter to me any more.

The goddam Imperor's new avatar has me listening to Okkervil River right now, I'm so pissed off about this. Wish I could remember why it mattered to me, it doesn't matter to me any more.

:love: that song! Impy's new av is great too! I've been listening to that album a lot lately. Might have to right now, in fact. :hmm:

A. I knew you posted it. I just wanted to see the beard.
B. That was a god damn joke.
C. Cock.

Pfft, I totally posted that back in January.

Now oneblood can personally attack you for video rehashing.

A. I knew you posted it. I just wanted to see the beard.
B. That was a god damn joke.
C. Cock.

:lol: Settle down you two.

In non-beard related Okkervil news, that freaking paper I'm writing, it should be done by the end of this week. So, if you two still want to read it, you're welcome to, I'll email it around.

Yes (is my favorite answer)

:up: It's got some brief revisions to go through, then you're free to have at it.

:love: "Red," by the way. I've been listening to Don't Fall in Love with Everyone You See a lot again; the three-song opening kick of "Red," "Kansas City," and "Lady Liberty" is phenomenal.

Don't Fall In Love is probably my favorite of their pre-BSB releases. Love it. Red is pretty much 100% quotable from start to finish. Beautiful song, beautiful writing.

If my room had a camera, you guys would've just seen me drumming the shit out of a live version of "Westfall," damn, I love that song so much, both on Don't Fall in Love and the bootlegs I have.

I probably love Down the River of Golden Dreams and Don't Fall in Love comparably, usually when I listen to one in a day, I listen to the other too.

:heart: Great av and whatchamacallit (holy shit, Firefox recognized that as a word!) under your name. Good stuff. :up:

I thought I was going to join Imperor's little club and have Okkervil River avatars, but just noticed he changed his. Curses. Imperor, come back to the Okkervil Avatar, I'm waiting.

Alright, the paper's done. I'm sending it to popmofo now. Impy, if you want it, let me know. And, if anyone else stumbles upon this and really wants to read my ramblings about a couple albums, let me know as well.

My professor really loves these albums now too. He's going out to buy them, and he told me he's very excited to bring them to his 16 year old son, since usually, it's the other way around. He was also extremely impressed with Sheff's eloquence, going so far as to say that he only considers about five musicians to be good at talking about their music, Sheff included, Elvis Costello being the other he specifically named. So, props go out to Okkervil River for being generally awesome. :up:

The Okk are doing their ACL taping a week from tomorrow. I am entered in the drawing for passes. Wish me luck.

The Okk are doing their ACL taping a week from tomorrow. I am entered in the drawing for passes. Wish me luck.

If you win, you have to fly 1bl00d and I out there to see it with you.

I still haven't purchased the Pop Lie single.... :reject:

If you win, you have to fly 1bl00d and I out there to see it with you.

I still haven't purchased the Pop Lie single.... :reject:

Agreed.

Me either. But! I did get The Stage Names and Don't Fall in Love with Everyone You See on vinyl today. :drool: The artwork on The Stage Names is incredibly detailed when it's that big. :love:

Okkervil is coming to winnipeg to play the crappiest festival. I wish they would just have their own show here.

I didn't win them.

But my friend back in DFW did. He's either going to come down for it or get the passes signed over to me. I'm going to the Okk taping, bitches. Plus my name is in for the St. Vinny taping. I'll know that outcome Wednesday.

We are winning our CWS game and I just got an email from KLRU offering me two tickets of my own. Life is good. Who wants to be my plus one?

I have so much to tell. So good. I'll fill yall in later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom