Okay lets be honest here folk...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pr0digy

The Fly
I have put this post back up, but its toned down a bit from the original because I offended lots of people.
This was obvious when one chick said I "must have a mullet and wear neon pants."
This post by no means says "radiohead are crap" if thats what you think I am getting at.

I myself am a Radiohead fan, but unlike many other Radiohead fans I'm beginning to question why I should like the band so much, especially now with albums such as Amnesiac and Kid A.

If anyone wants to respond, please don't abuse "me" or throw personal insults at "me".
I just want some peoples opinion to whether they agree with me or whether I am truly fucking insane(but say it nicely though).

Anyway here we goes.

For all you Radiohead fans out there. Do any of you actually understand what Radiohead are on about half the time???
Do you care ????

I am an older Radiohead fan (Pablo Honey, The Bends and still undecided on Ok Computer), back when they used to actually be more of a rock band.

Can we be honest for a moment about Radiohead. I am so sick of fans and critics hailing them for their "brilliance" and "underlying genius".
Because I'm starting wonder whether this is true anymore or whether they act that way to get the attention.

Okay I admit Radiohead have always been a very eccentric group, but back with Pablo Honey and The Bends, they were a guitar band, and quite frankly, I think they did rock. Thoms voice has always been whinny and depressing, but the fact that they were still a rock group made them tolerable in my book.

Radioheads subject matter today is so fucked up and bizzare that I ask the question, is this really music ???
Do we really want to sit and think hardly about what Thom Yorke was thinking when he wrote such things as "Yesterday I wokeup sucking a lemon" or "Everyone...everyone around here, everyone is no...neaaar" or any other silly banter like that???

I am fucking sick of Radiohead fans acting like Radiohead are the greatest thing to come out of music. I'm willing to bet that half of you fans don't even know why you like the band. Can someone please explain to me what half the songs from Kid and Amnesiac are about and why I should care ??

And don't tell me that songs like Idioteque are meant to be a full of "raw energy". I'd say its more of a song from a man who is not far from becoming the next Norman Bates. You can produce raw energy on a stage with a guitarist like Edge and an awesome singer like Bono that doesn't involve throwing a tantrum and whinning about useless garbage. "ICE AGE COMING ICE AGE COMING !!!"

If anything I believe its the Radiohead fans that are the most annoying people too. You think you are somehow musically inclined above the rest of us because you like Radiohead and pretend to understand what Thom Yorke is singing about. Or you're pretending that he actually sounds good, or that when Jonny goes and plays with some fucking spanish radio on stage or abuses the hell out of his poor Fender Tele, that it is like "Oh my god they are so creative and talented!", and that somehow we are all going to stop what we're going and say "that truly is so creative, no one else does that, Radiohead must truly be an awesome band, I don't understand their songs, but he's playing with a spanish radio to make weird sounds, thats...amazing!!".

I don't hate Radiohead even if it seems that I do with much sarcasm, but I am sick of people pretending that they are brilliant and somewhat better than what I call normal "down-to-earth-music". They're very creative and artistic I'll give them that. And I commend them for staying as far away from a lot of the mainstream shit that exists in the music industry today.

Yet since the release of Kid A and Amnesiac, I'm beginning to wonder "why would anyone want to listen to this ????".

And don't tell me that I don't like some of their stuff because I don't "understand it", because neither do you!

People hailed Ok Computer for its brilliance of showing us how it "defines urban pre-millenium tension, globalisation, cloning and cultural shifts of a confusing and unstable world".

Who the fuck cares?
We're talking about music here.
I'll admit that is a very very deep and involved topic, but I propose that its to much of a headache to get a message like that from what is supposed to be "rock music".

I've heard of "issue songs", but c'mon people, this is music we're talking about, not prophecies or testements for a new developing world.

With that said, I'll mention that most of the songs on Ok Computer are so miserable and depressing that I cringe at the thought of a Radiohead fan sitting at home actually listening to this "suicidal inducing banter"(which is what I think of it), and actually enjoying it.

I can't stand "No Surprises" and "Fitter Happier" (sounds like steven hawkins) and I'll admit that "Exit Music" would make a good song for a film, but I don't see how you could listen to it each day and remain happy and optimistic about life.

Thankgod for songs such as "I Might Be Wrong" and "Optimistic" which seem to be Radiohead when they are happy, or happier.

But it just gets weirder with Radioheads live performances. "Idioteque" and "National Anthem", what the fuck? I've been at friends houses and one of them likes really likes Radiohead (we still dont know why) and he'll stick on the "I Might Be Wrong Live" cd and Idioteque will come on. This is when I observe multiple uneasy expressions from the rest of my friends, who proceed to look at each other in complete utter confusion.
eek.gif

I like to believe that Radiohead fans go to the concerts just to see whether Thom Yorke really is as weird as he is depicted in magazines and as seen on television or the internet etc.

I wish Radiohead would revisit albums like The Bends, which is their greatest album by the way in my opinion.
wink.gif

I wish Radiohead would write more nice songs like "High and Dry" and "Fake Plastic Trees". I believe Moby agrees with me here too. These songs are purely brilliant, and still pleasant to listen too unlike most of Ok Computer.

I think in a way unlike the mainstream music that is overated by MTV and radiostations, that Radiohead is overated by its critics and fans.
mad.gif

I remember when U2 bit the bullet and remerged into the 90's with Achtung Baby and completely changed style. Then they furthered their experimentation with Zooropa, had a bit of a glitch with POP. Yet it was still all brilliant.
And don't any of you Radiohead fans even compare Kid A to Zooropa, because unlike U2, who did go electronic and a little eccentric, Radiohead have gone electronic and even more eccentric than they originally were and I find it almost unbearable.

I just wanted to get off my chest what I have been thinking about Radiohead for the past few years. I've been asking myself "is there something wrong with me, why don't I like Radiohead as much as I used too?" "Am I just stupid and can't see the musical genius behind that whinny voice and crazy electronic backbeat?"

"Sometimes", "sometimes" I can, but I propose, why bother ?
I suppose music comes down to what makes you feel good, or what you like.
But seriously Radiohead fans, stop telling yourself that you love them so much and that their music is awesome to listen too if you are having doubts in your mind.
Because not all of their music is that great, a lot of it is just complete confusing shit.
If you want to, or enjoy studying their deep and meaningful underlying "genius" then fine, I can't stop you. But I know for a fact that I would rather listen to a band such as U2 who have creatively and artistically been through many different styles of music, yet still remain, oh I dunno, sane perhaps and down-to-earth, not off in the fucking ether somewhere with Thom Yorkes mind.

Why do you think Bono sung the line from Creep during the Elevation tour? Because he probably realises (but is also afraid to admit) that this "really" is Radioheads best song.
I can't imagine him quoting any of Radioheads other lyric except for maybe "Yesterday I Woke up sucking a lemon".

Maybe I have to have been a Radiohead fan from the very beginning to like Kid A and Amnesiac and god even Ok Computer.
Perhaps its the same as myself being a huge U2 fan, and really liking POP, despite all the crap that it has received.

So anyway I've pissed a lot of people off, yet hopefully I've gotten through to some of you too.
cool.gif

[This message has been edited by pr0digy (edited 03-24-2002).]

man!!! that's fucking great!!!! you actually took the time to type out all that!!! the bizzare thing is that first you had to think about all that! don't hurt yourself, man!

you posted this at the wrong time my friend.

any good writer can escape using the same word to describe something more than once or twice in an essay. you on the other hand, managed to use the word "fuck", a dozen or so times, im too tired to check.

this is just the beginning.

your entire rant is so full of holes, that i wonder why i bother with this.

when people bash bono for doing his charity work, does that make any sense to you?

just a question, back to the main problem.

you lost all credibility at the beginning, when you decided to label their music and art and simply saying their new music isnt good. since when could you really do that with any art form of anykind other than creed wich is the worst thing to ever exist?

creep is the best song they ever made? are you still wearing neon pants, wearing tank tops and re-inacting your favorite waynes world scenes? perhaps you have a mullet, and have purposely torn holes into your neon pants by your buttox region to make you look tough?

what else can i really say? creep is among the worst songs theyve ever written, and theyd be lieing if they ever said anything else.

and what about u2? how does it make you feel that most critics would agree that radiohead are more relevant than u2 today? does their opinion matter to you? should yours mean anything AT ALL to me?

"People hail Ok Computer for its brilliance of showing us how it "defines urban pre-millenium tension, globalisation, cloning and cultural shifts of a confusing and unstable world."

Who the fuck cares?"

-----

well if you want to be technical, i care. its on my mind every day. is it because of radiohead? no. am i not important? maybe.

-----

"I wish Radiohead would "drop it" and revisit albums like The Bends, which is their greatest album by the way.
I wish Radiohead would write more nice songs like "High and Dry" and "Fake Plastic Trees". These songs are purely brilliant, and still pleasant to listen too."

-----

again, clearly you have lost any concept of artistic integrity with this ill-guided garble. you want them to write more nice songs? theyre still pleasant to listen to? there are just too many things wrong with this, that it makes me question whether i should waste further time on you.

but i will anyway, because i want to see you burn. if this offends you, please ask elvis to have my posting priviledges cut off.

alright then, ill put it this way: would you ever ask an artist to paint the same picture twice? that is EXACTLY what your saying, and you are EXACTLY the kind of fan radiohead hates to have come to their shows, because you cant understand that progress means new territory and that does NOT include singing about creeps over and over again!

why do you even want them to repeat themselves? whats wrong with you? im hardly ok with u2 not being more creative as of late, but theyll always be awesome in my books regardless of what they do.

i have some bad news for you, you self-proclaimed radiohead fan. theyre never coming back. ever. and if they do it wont be anythign you like because i can garunteeee they wont sing about creeps or being left high and dry again. get over it.

and dont go to their shows. i trust you wont.

in closing, i truly hope that i have offended you to a great extent, and that i will never have to read such absurd tripe as what i just wasted my time on about 20 minutes ago.

your opinion is worthless, and it doesnt count.

with that last paragraph, maybe even the last two i lost all of my integrity by not responding properly to you, but i do not care. i sank to your level, came back and still beat you at your own pointless game.

go trip over something.

------------------
-deathbear

[This message has been edited by Zoomerang96 (edited 03-23-2002).]

Don't worry about offending me, I had a good laugh at your post.

You're exactly the type of person I'm referring too. Some Radiohead fans are really "sensitive" idiots when someone bags their beloved band. You are one of them.

I'm just stating an opinion, god don't take it personally!
rolleyes.gif

"any good writer can escape using the same word to describe something more than once or twice in an essay. you on the other hand, managed to use the word "fuck", a dozen or so times, im too tired to check."

I'm sorry if I came across as really really negative about the band, I'm not a writer, I'm just some young person that had something on his mind and regardless of how well he put it into words, he tried. I'm not typing a university essay here.

"when people bash bono for doing his charity work, does that make any sense to you?"

I don't see what Bono's charity has to do anything either.
rolleyes.gif

"you lost all credibility at the beginning, when you decided to label their music and art and simply saying their new music isnt good."

Uhhh I don't recall saying that either
rolleyes.gif
Geez we like to talk out our ass dont we?

I'm talking about Radiohead being one freakin weird hard to understand band with some stuff that I think is quite ridiculous. Thats my opinion though.

"since when could you really do that with any art form of anykind other than creed wich is the worst thing to ever exist?"

I've been to a Creed concert and they totally rock and have it together musically regardless of what the critics or your friends will say, regardless of how crap their videos are, or how highly scott stap thinks of himself.
Hmm I'm thinking that you hate Creed because you are some deranged Radiohead fan that obviously doesn't recognise nice good hard rock, which Creed delivers.
So I'll ignore that blurb about Creed thankyou, because that was uneccessary
mad.gif

"creep is the best song they ever made? are you still wearing neon pants, wearing tank tops and re-inacting your favorite waynes world scenes? perhaps you have a mullet, and have purposely torn holes into your neon pants by your buttox region to make you look tough?"

Okay now I think you are slow. I said this because this is one thing that ALL Radiohead fans will react violently too. There was irony and sarcasm when I was talking about Creep in the context that it was "their best song". I said that with the true hidden meaning of "I think their earlier stuff is better". It is an issue that has been raised before, even at concerts, we see the disgust on Thom Yorkes face as the crowd cries "Sing Creep!!". Thom takes the mic with a smile and beckons to someone off stage probably saying something like "fucking idiots they are".
I believe it was Jonny who intently muted the strings of his guitar in Creep and by striking the notes with such disgust and angst towards the song, also made history for Radiohead. Creep is an era for Radiohead, and I was referring to this era because I dislike the way Radiohead are now. I miss that Pablo Honey, Bends era. Referring to Creep the way that I did was a way of saying "Radiohead, your earlier stuff was better !!!". As far as I'm concered about the song, I like the acoustic version. The other version sucks, but its a classic.

"and what about u2? how does it make you feel that most critics would agree that radiohead are more relevant than u2 today? does their opinion matter to you? should yours mean anything AT ALL to me?"

I'll admit I angrliy posted my opinion thus pissing off a lot of Radiohead fans, but only to get something off my mind. I don't expect people to agree with me, but I didn't think - well actually I did, you are Radiohead fans - some pyschotic Radiohead fan would reply and insult me either.

"well if you want to be technical, i care. its on my mind every day. is it because of radiohead? no. am i not important? maybe."

I did say it was an important issue. You're right it would be on my mind everday too. But do we really need to hear from it through music??? You just said its not because of Radiohead that you are conscious of such matters. My point exactly, why bother which such complex matters in music??? I mean fine if you do wanna sit there and study it. That was just my opinion. Most sane people aren't gonna give a shit that its "oh so deep and meaningful", its music for crying out loud!!!

"again, clearly you have lost any concept of artistic integrity with this ill-guided garble. you want them to write more nice songs? theyre still pleasant to listen to? there are just too many things wrong with this, that it makes me question whether i should waste further time on you."

Again again, my opinion. I merely said I wish they would write more nice songs like "High and Dry" or "Fake Plasic Trees". I am a Radiohead fan you know. I'm just becoming very critical of what they're doing today with their new material. But you see you Radiohead fans have to much pride, you are angry at me for having an opinion. If I express it angrily, its like "LETS KILL THIS MOFO, HE'S BAGGIN RADIOHEAD, THEY'RE SO DEEP AND MEANINGFUL!!!".

"but i will anyway, because i want to see you burn. if this offends you, please ask elvis to have my posting priviledges cut off."

I think I already mentioned that I'm not offended by your harsh words. I can't blame you, I mean you are some Radiohead fan that still hasn't told me why the new Radiohead is so brilliant, reason is you can't because its too complex for even your brain.

"alright then, ill put it this way: would you ever ask an artist to paint the same picture twice? that is EXACTLY what your saying, and you are EXACTLY the kind of fan radiohead hates to have come to their shows, because you cant understand that progress means new territory and that does NOT include singing about creeps over and over again!"

Again its my opinion that they are fucking weirder than ever, and that I don't understand why you like songs like Idioteque and National Anthem so much when you can't explain them to me. See I understand that I am pissing you off. You want me to just "shutup" and stop bagging your "radiohead society" where you stupid fans act like they are the gods of music and that outsiders are the "fools". Yeah I probably wouldn't do so well at a Radiohead concert because I'd be surrounded by people like you. Radiohead don't want people like me there because I'm starting to speak my opinion god forbid.

"why do you even want them to repeat themselves? whats wrong with you? im hardly ok with u2 not being more creative as of late, but theyll always be awesome in my books regardless of what they do."

I would rather Radiohead stayed a guitar band, and would rather that people stop praising Kid A and Amnesiac so much when a lot of them don't understand it, and when a lot of the songs are too fucking weird (Kid A, Pulk Pull Revolving Doors, Idioteque, Treefingers etc).
I think part of the reason U2 revisited the roots of rock n roll is because of their age and also because they've had their way with experimentation, and they were extremely successful so they've quit while in front.

"i have some bad news for you, you self-proclaimed radiohead fan. theyre never coming back. ever. and if they do it wont be anythign you like because i can garunteeee they wont sing about creeps or being left high and dry again. get over it."

It seems that way sadly...

"in closing, i truly hope that i have offended you to a great extent, and that i will never have to read such absurd tripe as what i just wasted my time on about 20 minutes ago."

Yeah I think I mentioned before that you didn't offend me.

"your opinion is worthless, and it doesnt count."

Yeah I know that. But your opinion means shit too. At least I had the guts to voice an opinion without sugar-coding it.

"with that last paragraph, maybe even the last two i lost all of my integrity by not responding properly to you, but i do not care. i sank to your level, came back and still beat you at your own pointless game."

You haven't beat me at anything. Your reply has been mostly useless and is just that of an angry Radiohead fan. I can tell you've sat and put great thought into your insults, which were a good laugh by the way.
biggrin.gif

I was voicing my opinion. I dont care if I piss people off because I've gotten through to some people, who are going to admit which Radiohead they like best.

"go trip over something."

Go get lost at sea, and don't bother me. You're living in a fantasy.
cool.gif

[This message has been edited by pr0digy (edited 03-24-2002).]

what a bunch of crap
the only thing you said that I sort of agree with is that Radiohead fans tend to act like they "are somehow musically inclined above the rest of us" and that the rest of us just don't get it

since that's not the case with the people who post here (at least I think that's not the case) I don't see what you are trying to achieve here

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

pr0digy,

First off, welcome to the Forum. But why are you here? Did you sign on to make anonymous arguments at people who are obviously stupid and oblivious? Would it be fair for us to call you names? i.e., Stupid, Ignorant, etc.?

It wouldn't be appropriate because WE don't know YOU.

Which brings me back to - Why Are You Here?
Are you here to have intelligent discussion with like-minded music-loving individuals?
Or are you here to just rant and make enemies?

Here at Inteference, we are a friendly, welcoming bunch. However, you will be met with opposition and disdain once you start calling us stupid and telling us what we understand, and what constitutes "real fans."
Truth is, you don't know us. How can you judge us? We don't judge you. Would it be right to assume that because you don't understand something or like something (for example, Radiohead's recent offerings) that there is no way we could? We all have very different perspectives, backgrounds and intellects - how can you tell us what we understand just because you don't?

I predict you will reply with another profane rant back at me, and most likely call me names. This is unfortunate. But, I don't like seeing my friends here getting ripped on simply for disagreeing with you. If you think we're so stupid or of such bad taste - Why Are You Here?

You have every right to voice your opinions, no matter how controversial they are. But, they are YOUR opinions, not fact. As a young person, I suppose it might be hard for you to think broadly and past your opinions, thereby assuming that because you don't like or understand something, there's no way in hell someone else could. This is immature, illogical and very narrowminded.

Enjoy your time here, even if you see fit to rail at us instead of speak to us.

pr0digy you have the right to say what ever you like, rock on brother.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK, ROCK&ROLL HIGH SCHOOL.
THE RAMONES

pr0digy, no one here told you to take down your words, if fact, I think it's quite spineless for you to take them down; let everyone see what you said, how can you say you stand by your words if you withdraw them?

creep is among the worst songs theyve ever written

What an utterly sad thing to say!!
What an amazing song!! flawless as flawless can be.

Thom was once interviewed about it, the guy was telling him how much the past couple generations of people have connected and related to that song, and how sad a song it is and Thom just laughed and said it was pretty much just a satirical song about teenagers who love to get depressed. I thought that was funny.

Anyway, just thought I'd say how sad it is that a radiohead fan would bash a classic radiohead tune...
to each his own, eh?

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

I agree wholeheartedly with you Prodigy.You make some tremendous points which so far no Radiohead fans have been able to contest,instead you have been insulted and abused for having an opinion.Could someone please tell us what these albums are about and what makes Radiohead so special.

Cheers.
Henke.

Why do the songs on Kid A and Amnesiac have to be ABOUT anything? Not every song needs to make a statement, and not all lyrics need to make sense. In many cases, I like Radiohead's songs because Thom Yorke's voice is like an extra instrument (and I know I'm probably one of three people in existence who actually likes his voice), not because I like the profundity of the lyrics. One of my favourite U2 songs is "Elvis Presley and America." You can go on and on theorizing what this song is about, but it all comes down the fact that it was just Bono singing the first random things that popped into his head when he heard the music. I like that stream of conciousness approach in music sometimes. I don't have to know what a song is about to like it. I can listen to a song in a foreign language, for example, and still like it, even though I have no idea what is being said.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

henke, he said he they suck because he doesn't like their songs, now you're saying the same thing, what do you want us to say?

you're entire contributions was, "you made some tremendous points," well fuck, he made no points

if he can't understand radiohead that's fine, I can and do and I don't need some wanker in a magazine or 10 million fans who buy cds so that they can listen to 3 of the songs for 6 months and then bury it in their collection, I don't need someone to tell me what radiohead means, I don't need anyone's fucking validation, if you dont get it or think it's b.s., well good for you!!!!

and I could start pulling up useless drivel that Bono has thrown out there in various U2 songs, but what the fuck would that accomplish

the rest, blah blah blah, you're quite arrogant, you are guilty of the exact things you accuse radiohead fans of doing

Well this is all very interesting and there are many sides to the argument and, um... phew, medication time!

Weirdness is a matter of perspective I think. Radiohead don't need me to defend them, but suffice to say that there is a lot to get.... forget about the 'message' and just let it flow through you. It's a state of mind and it keeps me from growing cynical in a cynical world. (hmmm did someone else say that once? no matter...)

------------------
You know some songs sound like ones by Frank Sinatra
But there's no place like... NOO YAWK

I'm responding... Please don't take this personally. I'm just going to comment on some things that brought some question marks into my head. Right?

"If anything I believe its the Radiohead fans that are the most annoying people too. You think you are somehow musically inclined above the rest of us because you like Radiohead and pretend to understand what Thom Yorke is singing about."

Okay. Let's begin.
biggrin.gif
In this snippet from your paragraph, you believe that Radiohead fans (us) are the most annoying people. Do you personally know every single Radiohead fan? Do you personally know every single one to be annoying? Or are you judging by the people that you do know? I don't know you- you don't know me. But already you're accusing me of being a 'most annoying person' for liking Radiohead. You're judging people you don't even know. The statement that 'You think you are somehow musically inclined above the rest of us because you like Radiohead' really bothered me.

You've gone from addressing Thom Yorke + the band to addressing "you," which is essentially, all of us fans. Excuse me, but I don't think all fans are alike. Sure, there may be some people who happen to like Radiohead and believe they are above the rest... But is that a worthy excuse to give us all the label of being arrogant? Yes, thinking that you're above all the rest musically is a worthy synonym for arrogant. So let's see, in that paragraph you managed to call all of us here 'most annoying' and 'thinking to be above everyone else musically'. Did you expect us all to respond nicely?

Next. "And don't tell me that I don't like some of their stuff because I don't "understand it", because neither do you!" What is that supposed to mean? How would you be able to know if we understood it or not? You're making inferences again... Or your opinion about us understanding the music or not is being influenced by the people you know. See, the thing is, you don't know us. You don't know me. Yet you make broad statements like 'you don't understand it,' but you're at no position to know what we understand and what we don't.

"People hailed Ok Computer for its brilliance of showing us how it "defines urban pre-millenium tension, globalisation, cloning and cultural shifts of a confusing and unstable world. Who the fuck cares?" Those weren't people... Those were critics. Critics don't represent the entire population of Radiohead fans. Those critics were the same people who happened to bash Pop... I happen to like that album. See? Who the fuck cares about a critic's opinion?

I'm going to skip over your comments about Radiohead being depressing and making you suicidal. And the whole- their live performances are strange thing. What defines strange for you, and strange for me, and strange for your friends (aka: "making them look at each other in utter confusion") differs for everyone. But I will comment on this... "I like to believe that Radiohead fans go to the concerts just to see whether Thom Yorke really is as weird." Believe all you want. I love Thom. Calling him weird is asking for the death penalty! Mwah. That's similar to waltzing into a U2 forum and saying 'Bono's an egomaniac! I bet everyone goes to his concerts just to see if he's an egomaniac.'

"Because not all of their music is that great, a lot of it is just complete confusing shit." Thanks for just calling some of Radiohead's music complete confusing shit. I believe you mentioned earlier "This post by no means says 'radiohead are crap'." However, in that statement, you managed to call some of their music complete confusing shit. I suppose there's a difference between shit and crap...

I'm done for today. I think I managed to go through your post and find some of the things that really made me wonder what you were smokin' (kidding). You could have just came out and said 'I'm an old-school Radiohead... but I just don't understand some of the newer stuff. Can someone please explain what it's all about?' Instead, you made a pretty rude post about how you don't like new-school Radiohead. We get the point. So a word of advice: don't say things like I mentioned above and believe that you won't get hostile replies.

And don't make up false stereotypes about Radiohead fans! We're not all 'most annoying.' Alright, so maybe some of us are. And I'm still holding a grudge on you for thinking that Radiohead fans (aka me) go to concerts to see if Thom's weird...
biggrin.gif

eek.gif

That was a long post... Prodigy, you realize that it wasn't meant to be hostile in any way right?

Radiohead must be the greatest thing on earth, they DO have an entire forum...on a U2 Board!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
N A T E

"I want to dance in the dirty Florida rain..
Where The Streets Have No Name..."

-Bono,Miami, December 2,2001

Originally posted by njf77:
Radiohead must be the greatest thing on earth, they DO have an entire forum...on a U2 Board!!!!!!!!!!!

oh dont be so upset. your just angry because radiohead havent sold out to best buy, target and what not, and that theyre the only band in the world considered more relevant than u2 is today.

------------------
-deathbear

Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
theyre the only band in the world considered more relevant than u2 is today.

------------------
N A T E

[This message has been edited by njf77 (edited 04-07-2002).]

Originally posted by wannabe:
*chortle*

Say that now Nate, er express, but don't join the bandwagon after Radiohead's next epic and their success that follows!

ok.promise...

icon18.gif

icon19.gif

icon20.gif

icon17.gif

------------------
N A T E

[This message has been edited by njf77 (edited 04-07-2002).]

Those 2 Radiohead albums are about exploration, and experimentation. Some people get it, some people don't. I know of a lot of records from other bands that I don't like, but that doesn't mean they're not valid to someone else.

You TONED this down?

HAHAHA. Who are you really? [raises eyebrow]

Cant say I agree or disagree with any of you. I think some of you need a lesson in how to address people, but I'm not a RH fan, so I dont belong here...I dont belong here.

Woe.

theyre the only band in the world considered more relevant than u2 is today.

BWHWHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Well apart from your *somewhat* unwarranted alienation of Radiohead fans, prodigy, the rest of your post was good. Lets see if Radiohead can regain ANY sort of relevance to ANY era of man's history with some intelligible lyrics next time around.

salome: by most people who dont spend as much time as we do inside u2 online hardcore communities.

gabriel: if you have nothing to bring to the table, thats fine. but please stop trying to deflect warranted attention that i deserve from everyone here at interference, onto yourself.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

salome: by most people who dont spend as much time as we do inside u2 online hardcore communities.

gabriel: if you have nothing to bring to the table, thats fine. but please stop trying to deflect warranted attention that i deserve from everyone here at interference, onto yourself.

Oh, NOW I get it...that was tongue-in-cheek!! I think we'll get along just fine Zoomerang, there's more than enough attention to go around, dontcha think?
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom