Okay lets be honest here folk... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2002, 07:05 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:26 PM
Well this is all very interesting and there are many sides to the argument and, um... phew, medication time!

Weirdness is a matter of perspective I think. Radiohead don't need me to defend them, but suffice to say that there is a lot to get.... forget about the 'message' and just let it flow through you. It's a state of mind and it keeps me from growing cynical in a cynical world. (hmmm did someone else say that once? no matter...)

------------------
You know some songs sound like ones by Frank Sinatra
But there's no place like... NOO YAWK

Old 04-04-2002, 11:24 PM   #17
The Fly

Local Time: 11:26 PM
I'm responding... Please don't take this personally. I'm just going to comment on some things that brought some question marks into my head. Right?

"If anything I believe its the Radiohead fans that are the most annoying people too. You think you are somehow musically inclined above the rest of us because you like Radiohead and pretend to understand what Thom Yorke is singing about."

Okay. Let's begin. In this snippet from your paragraph, you believe that Radiohead fans (us) are the most annoying people. Do you personally know every single Radiohead fan? Do you personally know every single one to be annoying? Or are you judging by the people that you do know? I don't know you- you don't know me. But already you're accusing me of being a 'most annoying person' for liking Radiohead. You're judging people you don't even know. The statement that 'You think you are somehow musically inclined above the rest of us because you like Radiohead' really bothered me.

You've gone from addressing Thom Yorke + the band to addressing "you," which is essentially, all of us fans. Excuse me, but I don't think all fans are alike. Sure, there may be some people who happen to like Radiohead and believe they are above the rest... But is that a worthy excuse to give us all the label of being arrogant? Yes, thinking that you're above all the rest musically is a worthy synonym for arrogant. So let's see, in that paragraph you managed to call all of us here 'most annoying' and 'thinking to be above everyone else musically'. Did you expect us all to respond nicely?

Next. "And don't tell me that I don't like some of their stuff because I don't "understand it", because neither do you!" What is that supposed to mean? How would you be able to know if we understood it or not? You're making inferences again... Or your opinion about us understanding the music or not is being influenced by the people you know. See, the thing is, you don't know us. You don't know me. Yet you make broad statements like 'you don't understand it,' but you're at no position to know what we understand and what we don't.

"People hailed Ok Computer for its brilliance of showing us how it "defines urban pre-millenium tension, globalisation, cloning and cultural shifts of a confusing and unstable world. Who the fuck cares?" Those weren't people... Those were critics. Critics don't represent the entire population of Radiohead fans. Those critics were the same people who happened to bash Pop... I happen to like that album. See? Who the fuck cares about a critic's opinion?

I'm going to skip over your comments about Radiohead being depressing and making you suicidal. And the whole- their live performances are strange thing. What defines strange for you, and strange for me, and strange for your friends (aka: "making them look at each other in utter confusion") differs for everyone. But I will comment on this... "I like to believe that Radiohead fans go to the concerts just to see whether Thom Yorke really is as weird." Believe all you want. I love Thom. Calling him weird is asking for the death penalty! Mwah. That's similar to waltzing into a U2 forum and saying 'Bono's an egomaniac! I bet everyone goes to his concerts just to see if he's an egomaniac.'

"Because not all of their music is that great, a lot of it is just complete confusing shit." Thanks for just calling some of Radiohead's music complete confusing shit. I believe you mentioned earlier "This post by no means says 'radiohead are crap'." However, in that statement, you managed to call some of their music complete confusing shit. I suppose there's a difference between shit and crap...

I'm done for today. I think I managed to go through your post and find some of the things that really made me wonder what you were smokin' (kidding). You could have just came out and said 'I'm an old-school Radiohead... but I just don't understand some of the newer stuff. Can someone please explain what it's all about?' Instead, you made a pretty rude post about how you don't like new-school Radiohead. We get the point. So a word of advice: don't say things like I mentioned above and believe that you won't get hostile replies.

And don't make up false stereotypes about Radiohead fans! We're not all 'most annoying.' Alright, so maybe some of us are. And I'm still holding a grudge on you for thinking that Radiohead fans (aka me) go to concerts to see if Thom's weird...

Old 04-04-2002, 11:27 PM   #18
The Fly

Local Time: 11:26 PM

That was a long post... Prodigy, you realize that it wasn't meant to be hostile in any way right?
Old 04-07-2002, 01:08 PM   #19
Refugee

Local Time: 10:26 PM
Radiohead must be the greatest thing on earth, they DO have an entire forum...on a U2 Board!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
N A T E

"I want to dance in the dirty Florida rain..
Where The Streets Have No Name..."

-Bono,Miami, December 2,2001
Old 04-07-2002, 04:03 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by njf77:
Radiohead must be the greatest thing on earth, they DO have an entire forum...on a U2 Board!!!!!!!!!!!

oh dont be so upset. your just angry because radiohead havent sold out to best buy, target and what not, and that theyre the only band in the world considered more relevant than u2 is today.

------------------
-deathbear
Old 04-07-2002, 09:10 PM   #21
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96:
theyre the only band in the world considered more relevant than u2 is today.

------------------
N A T E

[This message has been edited by njf77 (edited 04-07-2002).]
Old 04-07-2002, 10:48 PM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by njf77:
*chortle*

Say that now Nate, er express, but don't join the bandwagon after Radiohead's next epic and their success that follows!
Old 04-07-2002, 11:41 PM   #23
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by wannabe:
*chortle*

Say that now Nate, er express, but don't join the bandwagon after Radiohead's next epic and their success that follows!
ok.promise...

------------------
N A T E

[This message has been edited by njf77 (edited 04-07-2002).]
Old 04-08-2002, 12:22 PM   #24
you are what you is

Local Time: 04:26 AM
Quote:
considered more relevant than u2 is today.
by who?

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it
Old 05-15-2002, 01:18 AM   #25
The Fly

Local Time: 07:26 PM
Those 2 Radiohead albums are about exploration, and experimentation. Some people get it, some people don't. I know of a lot of records from other bands that I don't like, but that doesn't mean they're not valid to someone else.

Old 05-15-2002, 09:07 AM   #26
Jesus Online

Local Time: 02:26 PM
You TONED this down?

HAHAHA. Who are you really? [raises eyebrow]

Cant say I agree or disagree with any of you. I think some of you need a lesson in how to address people, but I'm not a RH fan, so I dont belong here...I dont belong here.

Woe.
Old 05-15-2002, 09:33 AM   #27
Ghost of Love

Quote:
theyre the only band in the world considered more relevant than u2 is today.

BWHWHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Well apart from your *somewhat* unwarranted alienation of Radiohead fans, prodigy, the rest of your post was good. Lets see if Radiohead can regain ANY sort of relevance to ANY era of man's history with some intelligible lyrics next time around.

Old 05-16-2002, 01:01 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:26 PM
salome: by most people who dont spend as much time as we do inside u2 online hardcore communities.

gabriel: if you have nothing to bring to the table, thats fine. but please stop trying to deflect warranted attention that i deserve from everyone here at interference, onto yourself.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.
Old 05-16-2002, 09:33 AM   #29
Ghost of Love

Quote:
salome: by most people who dont spend as much time as we do inside u2 online hardcore communities.

gabriel: if you have nothing to bring to the table, thats fine. but please stop trying to deflect warranted attention that i deserve from everyone here at interference, onto yourself.

Oh, NOW I get it...that was tongue-in-cheek!! I think we'll get along just fine Zoomerang, there's more than enough attention to go around, dontcha think?