Okay, honestly, I swear, if I hear the Dixie Chicks' version of "Landslide"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most of my family listens to mainstream country... believe me I have tried to convert them. I am not a big fan of the song, nor the Dixie Chicks for that matter; but, at least they are trying to do something different by expanding the country sound with a bit of bluegrass (which I don't appreciate much either). What I'm trying to say is that I don't like country, but I'll acknowledge anyone pushing musical boundaries that don't fit the normal molds of tired categories.

Oh ya, I'm getting really sick of that Kid Rock duet song with Sheryl Crow... that and Nelly's, well anything by Nelly.

The thing I'm most sick of though is the use of the word "conformity" in pop-punk songs. By using this word aren't you conforming to all the stigmas associated with this genre. Aren't you "sheep" as well, flowing in a flock of dirty clothes and false attitude. Stupid teenagers...

My problem with Dixie Chicks Landslide: Smashing Pumpkins just covered it a few years back, and did a far better job. Why would you want to cover a song that has been covered so often, and covered better than you can even try to cover it?

PS- That Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow thing is complete crap

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I still have yet to hear the Kid/Sheryl pairing.

And yes, if I hear that song (or the beginning of it) one more time I will hurl. I loved the SP version, but god, leave it alone now!

Mmhm, Smashing Pumpkins' version was good.

This version just gets sooooooo overplayed.

And yeah, I agree with those of you who said they're getting annoyed with the Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow duet.

Also getting annoyed with Shania Twain's "I'm Gonna Getcha Good" (but I think that has more to do with the fact that I hate the video and I see it a lot in the morning if I'm watching videos on T.V.).

And John Mayer's "Your Body Is A Wonderland" is getting a little old, too.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:

Also getting annoyed with Shania Twain's "I'm Gonna Getcha Good" (but I think that has more to do with the fact that I hate the video and I see it a lot in the morning if I'm watching videos on T.V.).

that's my pick...annoying as hell video, lousy song, WAAAAAY overplayed :down:

she needs to ride that bike off a cliff

I dont like John Mayer at all either. My roommate and friend worship him. I dont.

Your Body is a Wonderland always reminds me of Underneath Your Clothes by Shakira. I don't know why. Probably because they're both stupid. I heard even John Mayer doesnt like that song.

I prefer the original version of Lanslide the best. Although personally Silver Springs is a better song (I think Lanslide is overrated to begin with). The DC's version is way overplayed and it's not even their best performance.

That Kid Rock/ Sheryl Crow song is just lame. :| whoever thought they sounded good together must have been on serious crack (and not the good kind we have here). Kid's just trying too hard to be Hank Williams, and brought sheryl down with him.

daisybean said:
Although personally Silver Springs is a better song (I think Lanslide is overrated to begin with). The DC's version is way overplayed and it's not even their best performance.
:yes: i would consider myself a dixie chicks fan (one of the few, and i mean VERY few country acts i can tolerate), and i think natalie's voice is unique in a way similar to stevie nicks', but her voice sounds so annoying and grating on the nerves in this version.

to make matters worse, my mom says this version is better! :no: although i think it's just because although she's a FM fan, she likes/liked christine mcvie better.

i'll also say that horrible kid rock/sheryl crow song too. the only way i heard it was back at my old job, my mom would have the one station i hate more than anything on her radio all day, and of course they played it all the time.

also, anything avril lavigne. there are other songs that i can't listen to, if they come on the radio i must turn them off. but i can't remember them. i guess i blocked them from my memory.

THIS IS WHY I ONLY LISTEN TO THE CLASSIC ROCK STATION!!! sorry about the screaming, but i had to rant.

the dixie chicks version of landslide is nice, and it's obvious that they adore stevie. this fact alone is reason enough love their version of the song. i've been a fan of stevie nicks since i was very young. i was raised on fleetwood mac. i'm glad to see the chicks honoring her.

as for sheryl crow...i have never forgiven her for slaughtering "sweet child o' mine..."

bonosgirl84 said:
as for sheryl crow...i have never forgiven her for slaughtering "sweet child o' mine..."

Thank you... but you should have mentioned that in my earlier thread about cover songs, you would have won.

As for John Mayer, he's an Oscar "Mayer" whiner. He claims to be an outcast from high school, but I picture him more as the try-hard hero, trying to be cool and only succeeding in being an ass... kind of like me.

Other irritating songs:

That stupid Jennifer Lopez song... the one where she's from the block.

Missy Elliott... most likely her new one.

That stupid Theory of A Deadman Song... here's a theory for you... your band sucks.:mac:

What's up Cujo? I agree with everything you just wrote.

Except I actually respect Missy Elliot quite a bit as a lyricist/rap artist because she's actually original. VERY few rappers who are. But I do wish she wasnt such a pervo in all her songs. But yeah, I am sick of hearing most of her stuff.

It's always good to see some good crappy music hatred and cynicism I agree with.

cujo said:
That stupid Jennifer Lopez song... the one where she's from the block.

Ah, yes, "Jenny From The Block"-luckily that song's dropped in airplay lately, I haven't heard it as much, which is good (that is not a song you want stuck in your head all day).

Another song I remember I got sooooooooo sick of last year-"Don't Let Me Get Me" by Pink.

I still change the station anytime that song comes on, that's how sick of it I am.

That's the way it is with a lot of her music-it'll be okay at first, but then it'll get overplayed and it's like, "All right, enough already".

Also got sick of Creed's "One Last Breath", but then again, I'm just sick of Creed in general.

Angela

Pink.

I really want to just go up to her and say, quit your complaining about being from a broked family. It's made you very, very rich and famous. Get over it. Be happy with what you've got now.

Then I'd probably tell her I hated her music.

Moonlit_Angel said:
Another song I remember I got sooooooooo sick of last year-"Don't Let Me Get Me" by Pink.

I still change the station anytime that song comes on, that's how sick of it I am.
THANK YOU! you just reminded me of the song i was trying to think of in my previous post.

pink's "get the party started." that horrid station i mentioned before must use this as their anthem, for surely they don't think people can be fooled for this long. they STILL play it several times a day (along with "complicated") as if it's a new song! i don't get it.

The song that's been getting on my nerves is the Michelle Branch/Santana collaboration "Game Of Love" :yell:

Alright, you're cool and all, Santana, but STOP with the collaborations already! You've stretched it out over 2 albums and it all just sounds the same now. Time to try something new.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom