Okay, honestly, I swear, if I hear the Dixie Chicks' version of "Landslide"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anything by J-Lo, Creed, Justin Timberlake, Nickleback, Avril Lavinge, Michelle Branch or Vanessa Carleton. Actually, Michelle and Vanessa aren't bad, but I'm tired of all the fuss made about them. So they play an instrument and write their own songs? OK, I respect them for that, but it's not like they are the second coming.

Right on. Those girls are the type of snooty musicians who went to music school on old money for their whole lives. Not that it's their fault they came out as snobs, but nonetheless they seem just as fabricated and packaged as any of their popstar colleagues. That makes them very annoying to listen to.

PS. not all people who go to music school suck; just a lot of them turn out as pretentious jerks.

I think the problem is the fabricated pop stars like Brittney Spears have lowered the bar so much that anyone with a shred of actual musical talent, no matter how bland they are, is hailed as the next Joni Mitchell.

I'm adding Pink's Family Portrait to my list. I don't hear it on the radio but between VH1 and VH1 Megahits, I've seen that video about 100 times this weekend.

When I first heard that Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow duet on the radio, I thought I had accidentally turned it to a country station. It's interesting that Kid Rock doesn't try to be a badass all the time, but it'd be nice if he tried not to suck all the time as well.

I hardly listen to top 40 stations, but there are some I listen to that have a mix of new and old. I do hate the Dixie Chicks version of that song and the Kid/Cheryl thing too. Somebody out there has a crap version of Joni Mitchell's "Paved Paradise" and it sucks.

U2Kitten said:
Somebody out there has a crap version of Joni Mitchell's "Paved Paradise" and it sucks.

I don't know if this is the version you are talking about, but Amy Grant did a cover of that song some years back - and it was indeed crap!

U2Kitten said:
Somebody out there has a crap version of Joni Mitchell's "Paved Paradise" and it sucks.

The title is actually Big Yellow Taxi :). The Counting Crows have a version on the radio...I think it's decent. nothing special though.

Landslide: The Dixie Chicks should each be smacked repeatedly for even THINKING of ruining a beautiful song.

Shania: Bring on the bike over the cliff. I was ALMOST glad this song replaced the Pink orgy video on VH1's Jumpstart. Almost.

John Mayer: Very nice man; sang to my friend's friend in the hospital while she was dying of cancer. LOADS of respect for him as a person. But shut up about the body is a wonderland. That's just awful. Oh shit, it's on right now...

Jenny: Please, go back to your block and let the rest of us out of your misery. This was on our Muzac CD at work between Thaksgiving and Christmas...TWICE...which meant that between November 29 and December 24 I heard this song literally eight times a day. This led to many discussions about how if she feels the need to sing about the rocks she's got, she doesn't know where she came from, and we are VERY disappointed in Ben Affleck.

Pink: Get the Party Started was kinda fun. But the rest of it sucks. The little girl in the My Family Sucked or whatever video is pretty good though.

Kid & Sheryl: Stop. Just stop. She has a beautiful voice, and she sounds screechy here. And I can't stand him.

The A-Teens, speaking of Muzac, can also kiss my ass, them and their remake of "Na Na, Hey Hey" I have to hear three times a day. Has anyone else heard their awfulness, or is it just us in GapKidsland that has to hear it?

Edited to add: VH1 has spies on this board. Now I am watching crucified Landslide. I will now be forced to download the original to keep my head from exploding.

Last edited:
Schmeg said:
Landslide: The Dixie Chicks should each be smacked repeatedly for even THINKING of ruining a beautiful song.

Shania: Bring on the bike over the cliff. I was ALMOST glad this song replaced the Pink orgy video on VH1's Jumpstart. Almost.

John Mayer: Very nice man; sang to my friend's friend in the hospital while she was dying of cancer. LOADS of respect for him as a person. But shut up about the body is a wonderland. That's just awful. Oh shit, it's on right now...

Jenny: Please, go back to your block and let the rest of us out of your misery. This was on our Muzac CD at work between Thaksgiving and Christmas...TWICE...which meant that between November 29 and December 24 I heard this song literally eight times a day. This led to many discussions about how if she feels the need to sing about the rocks she's got, she doesn't know where she came from, and we are VERY disappointed in Ben Affleck.

Pink: Get the Party Started was kinda fun. But the rest of it sucks. The little girl in the My Family Sucked or whatever video is pretty good though.

Kid & Sheryl: Stop. Just stop. She has a beautiful voice, and she sounds screechy here. And I can't stand him.

The A-Teens, speaking of Muzac, can also kiss my ass, them and their remake of "Na Na, Hey Hey" I have to hear three times a day. Has anyone else heard their awfulness, or is it just us in GapKidsland that has to hear it?

Edited to add: VH1 has spies on this board. Now I am watching crucified Landslide. I will now be forced to download the original to keep my head from exploding.

Agreed.

"Family Portrait"-I know what you mean, that video is still in VH1's top 20 countdown. How do songs like that last for so long on a countdown but songs like U2's "Electrical Storm" have their moment of glory and then fall off the countdown? Grrr.

John Mayer-I don't doubt he's a good person and all that-that's really sweet what he did for your friend's friend. And who knows, maybe as time goes on his music will grow on me. But right now...the songs just get overplayed and it gets boring hearing them everyday.

J-Lo can just jump off a cliff or something. Not only am I sick of her music, I'm sick of her, period (I don't care about her and Ben! I really don't!).

Shania-I find it amusing that she's sitting there saying she's tired of the spotlight and she would quit in a heartbeat to be with her family-then why doesn't she go ahead and do that?

The A-Teens-I remember hearing their version of "Can't Help Falling In Love"-my sister has that version on a CD, and I always say to her, "U2's version is better!"

And then of course there was their doing all those ABBA tunes-please, ABBA's music sucks as it is, I don't need remakes of already horrible songs (no offense to ABBA fans out there, by the way).

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
The A-Teens-I remember hearing their version of "Can't Help Falling In Love"-my sister has that version on a CD, and I always say to her, "U2's version is better!"

And then of course there was their doing all those ABBA tunes-please, ABBA's music sucks as it is, I don't need remakes of already horrible songs (no offense to ABBA fans out there, by the way).

Angela
*Screams in horror at mention of A-Teens Can't Help Falling In Love*

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!! That's the OTHER one we got!!! I get to hear THAT three times a day too! Whoever picks our Muzac CD should also be smacked repeatedly. Yeah, a bouncy, bubblegum-flavored Can't Help Falling In Love is just great. Thanks. I'd prefer even UB-40's version if we can't have Elvis or U2.
*pouts*

Abba's not on my list o' faves, either, although Dancing Queen brings back high school memories. :lol:

Schmeg said:

*Screams in horror at mention of A-Teens Can't Help Falling In Love*

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!! That's the OTHER one we got!!! I get to hear THAT three times a day too! Whoever picks our Muzac CD should also be smacked repeatedly. Yeah, a bouncy, bubblegum-flavored Can't Help Falling In Love is just great. Thanks. I'd prefer even UB-40's version if we can't have Elvis or U2.
*pouts*

Oh, yeah, if not Elvis' or U2's versions of the song, UB-40's version would be ten thousand times better to listen to than the A-Teens' version, definitely.

I feel your pain, trust me.

Originally posted by Schmeg
Abba's not on my list o' faves, either, although Dancing Queen brings back high school memories. :lol:

LOL.

Yeah, like I said, no offense to those of you out there who do like ABBA...they're just not my cup of tea.

Angela

*waves the ABBA flag* :tongue:

A*Teens :down: What's the point of making a career out of covering songs and making them sound terrible? Do they even have any original songs?

Back
Top Bottom