Okay, honestly, I swear, if I hear the Dixie Chicks' version of "Landslide" - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-16-2003, 04:49 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Bono's shades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The back of beyond
Posts: 5,038
Local Time: 10:28 PM
Anything by J-Lo, Creed, Justin Timberlake, Nickleback, Avril Lavinge, Michelle Branch or Vanessa Carleton. Actually, Michelle and Vanessa aren't bad, but I'm tired of all the fuss made about them. So they play an instrument and write their own songs? OK, I respect them for that, but it's not like they are the second coming.
__________________

__________________
Bono's shades is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 04:59 PM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
cujo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Province
Posts: 5,820
Local Time: 09:28 PM
Right on. Those girls are the type of snooty musicians who went to music school on old money for their whole lives. Not that it's their fault they came out as snobs, but nonetheless they seem just as fabricated and packaged as any of their popstar colleagues. That makes them very annoying to listen to.

PS. not all people who go to music school suck; just a lot of them turn out as pretentious jerks.
__________________

__________________
cujo is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 05:03 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Bono's shades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The back of beyond
Posts: 5,038
Local Time: 10:28 PM
I think the problem is the fabricated pop stars like Brittney Spears have lowered the bar so much that anyone with a shred of actual musical talent, no matter how bland they are, is hailed as the next Joni Mitchell.
__________________
Bono's shades is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 05:08 PM   #34
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 07:28 PM
I'm adding Pink's Family Portrait to my list. I don't hear it on the radio but between VH1 and VH1 Megahits, I've seen that video about 100 times this weekend.
__________________
BAW is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 06:04 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
sue4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
Posts: 6,628
Local Time: 10:28 PM
God - please, Deliver us from anymore Shania Twain. I'm all for making a living, but Geez give me a break. Sorry to all the Twain fans out there. You're on the wrong site, anyway..
__________________
sue4u2 is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 06:07 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
sue4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
Posts: 6,628
Local Time: 10:28 PM
Oh one other thing, Radio Free Virgin (rfv). Check it out. Really great music and lots of U2.
__________________
sue4u2 is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 08:22 PM   #37
New Yorker
 
typhoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nowhere, New Mexico
Posts: 3,009
Local Time: 08:28 PM
When I first heard that Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow duet on the radio, I thought I had accidentally turned it to a country station. It's interesting that Kid Rock doesn't try to be a badass all the time, but it'd be nice if he tried not to suck all the time as well.
__________________
typhoon is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 08:26 PM   #38
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by typhoon
it'd be nice if he tried not to suck all the time as well.
Quote of the century.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 08:34 PM   #39
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 17,927
Local Time: 10:28 PM
I hardly listen to top 40 stations, but there are some I listen to that have a mix of new and old. I do hate the Dixie Chicks version of that song and the Kid/Cheryl thing too. Somebody out there has a crap version of Joni Mitchell's "Paved Paradise" and it sucks.
__________________
U2Kitten is offline  
Old 02-16-2003, 11:28 PM   #40
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Bono's shades's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The back of beyond
Posts: 5,038
Local Time: 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Somebody out there has a crap version of Joni Mitchell's "Paved Paradise" and it sucks.
I don't know if this is the version you are talking about, but Amy Grant did a cover of that song some years back - and it was indeed crap!
__________________
Bono's shades is offline  
Old 02-17-2003, 04:22 AM   #41
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,237
Local Time: 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Somebody out there has a crap version of Joni Mitchell's "Paved Paradise" and it sucks.
The title is actually Big Yellow Taxi . The Counting Crows have a version on the radio...I think it's decent. nothing special though.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 02-17-2003, 09:36 AM   #42
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 11:28 PM
Landslide: The Dixie Chicks should each be smacked repeatedly for even THINKING of ruining a beautiful song.

Shania: Bring on the bike over the cliff. I was ALMOST glad this song replaced the Pink orgy video on VH1's Jumpstart. Almost.

John Mayer: Very nice man; sang to my friend's friend in the hospital while she was dying of cancer. LOADS of respect for him as a person. But shut up about the body is a wonderland. That's just awful. Oh shit, it's on right now...

Jenny: Please, go back to your block and let the rest of us out of your misery. This was on our Muzac CD at work between Thaksgiving and Christmas...TWICE...which meant that between November 29 and December 24 I heard this song literally eight times a day. This led to many discussions about how if she feels the need to sing about the rocks she's got, she doesn't know where she came from, and we are VERY disappointed in Ben Affleck.

Pink: Get the Party Started was kinda fun. But the rest of it sucks. The little girl in the My Family Sucked or whatever video is pretty good though.

Kid & Sheryl: Stop. Just stop. She has a beautiful voice, and she sounds screechy here. And I can't stand him.

The A-Teens, speaking of Muzac, can also kiss my ass, them and their remake of "Na Na, Hey Hey" I have to hear three times a day. Has anyone else heard their awfulness, or is it just us in GapKidsland that has to hear it?

Edited to add: VH1 has spies on this board. Now I am watching crucified Landslide. I will now be forced to download the original to keep my head from exploding.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 02-17-2003, 01:37 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,270
Local Time: 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
Landslide: The Dixie Chicks should each be smacked repeatedly for even THINKING of ruining a beautiful song.

Shania: Bring on the bike over the cliff. I was ALMOST glad this song replaced the Pink orgy video on VH1's Jumpstart. Almost.

John Mayer: Very nice man; sang to my friend's friend in the hospital while she was dying of cancer. LOADS of respect for him as a person. But shut up about the body is a wonderland. That's just awful. Oh shit, it's on right now...

Jenny: Please, go back to your block and let the rest of us out of your misery. This was on our Muzac CD at work between Thaksgiving and Christmas...TWICE...which meant that between November 29 and December 24 I heard this song literally eight times a day. This led to many discussions about how if she feels the need to sing about the rocks she's got, she doesn't know where she came from, and we are VERY disappointed in Ben Affleck.

Pink: Get the Party Started was kinda fun. But the rest of it sucks. The little girl in the My Family Sucked or whatever video is pretty good though.

Kid & Sheryl: Stop. Just stop. She has a beautiful voice, and she sounds screechy here. And I can't stand him.

The A-Teens, speaking of Muzac, can also kiss my ass, them and their remake of "Na Na, Hey Hey" I have to hear three times a day. Has anyone else heard their awfulness, or is it just us in GapKidsland that has to hear it?

Edited to add: VH1 has spies on this board. Now I am watching crucified Landslide. I will now be forced to download the original to keep my head from exploding.
Agreed.

"Family Portrait"-I know what you mean, that video is still in VH1's top 20 countdown. How do songs like that last for so long on a countdown but songs like U2's "Electrical Storm" have their moment of glory and then fall off the countdown? Grrr.

John Mayer-I don't doubt he's a good person and all that-that's really sweet what he did for your friend's friend. And who knows, maybe as time goes on his music will grow on me. But right now...the songs just get overplayed and it gets boring hearing them everyday.

J-Lo can just jump off a cliff or something. Not only am I sick of her music, I'm sick of her, period (I don't care about her and Ben! I really don't!).

Shania-I find it amusing that she's sitting there saying she's tired of the spotlight and she would quit in a heartbeat to be with her family-then why doesn't she go ahead and do that?

The A-Teens-I remember hearing their version of "Can't Help Falling In Love"-my sister has that version on a CD, and I always say to her, "U2's version is better!"

And then of course there was their doing all those ABBA tunes-please, ABBA's music sucks as it is, I don't need remakes of already horrible songs (no offense to ABBA fans out there, by the way).

Angela
__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
Old 02-18-2003, 07:44 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict
 
Schmeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: ATL
Posts: 17,688
Local Time: 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Moonlit_Angel
The A-Teens-I remember hearing their version of "Can't Help Falling In Love"-my sister has that version on a CD, and I always say to her, "U2's version is better!"

And then of course there was their doing all those ABBA tunes-please, ABBA's music sucks as it is, I don't need remakes of already horrible songs (no offense to ABBA fans out there, by the way).

Angela
*Screams in horror at mention of A-Teens Can't Help Falling In Love*

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!! That's the OTHER one we got!!! I get to hear THAT three times a day too! Whoever picks our Muzac CD should also be smacked repeatedly. Yeah, a bouncy, bubblegum-flavored Can't Help Falling In Love is just great. Thanks. I'd prefer even UB-40's version if we can't have Elvis or U2.
*pouts*

Abba's not on my list o' faves, either, although Dancing Queen brings back high school memories.
__________________
Schmeg is offline  
Old 02-18-2003, 07:58 PM   #45
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,270
Local Time: 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg

*Screams in horror at mention of A-Teens Can't Help Falling In Love*

AAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!! That's the OTHER one we got!!! I get to hear THAT three times a day too! Whoever picks our Muzac CD should also be smacked repeatedly. Yeah, a bouncy, bubblegum-flavored Can't Help Falling In Love is just great. Thanks. I'd prefer even UB-40's version if we can't have Elvis or U2.
*pouts*
Oh, yeah, if not Elvis' or U2's versions of the song, UB-40's version would be ten thousand times better to listen to than the A-Teens' version, definitely.

I feel your pain, trust me.

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmeg
Abba's not on my list o' faves, either, although Dancing Queen brings back high school memories.
LOL.

Yeah, like I said, no offense to those of you out there who do like ABBA...they're just not my cup of tea.

Angela
__________________

__________________
Moonlit_Angel is online now  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com