Okay BC, this one's for you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
So here I am thinking about new stuff to download and then I thought of getting Ryan Adams's version of Wonderwall. Only I can't find a decent quality d/l. Did he ever do a studio version? Or are they only live? Where can I find a good copy?

Sincerely,

ST.

:tongue:

Gosh, that's one of my favorite songs to listen to...:heart:

Ryan hasn't recorded a studio version of it. It has been played live 26 times. However, Ryan's cover of it inspired Noel Gallagher to go back in the studio and re-record the song because they liked Ryan's version.

http://www.nme.com/news/103994.htm

OASIS have re-recorded their most famous single 'Wonderwall', NME can exclusively reveal.

The group originally released the Britpop anthem in October 1995 when it entered the UK chart at Number Two, and it is now acknowledged as a landmark record for a generation and the most famous Oasis song ever.

Noel Gallagher re-entered a studio over the festive period to re-record the track and sources close to the band have told NME that the new version is "completely different" to its studio predecessor, with Noel singing instead of Liam. The new version is believed to have been inspired by Ryan Adams, who covered the song recently in his live set.

Noel recently commented: "I never got my head round this song until I went to see Ryan Adams play and he did an amazing cover of it. So now I'm going to cover one of my own songs in the style of Ryan Adams."

An Oasis insider told NME: "Since he saw Ryan Adams playing his song in a completely different way, it's rejuvenated his interest in it. It's given Noel a way to make it his own again."

Since his comments, Noel has been playing an acoustic version of the song live - although that proved controversial. On last December's UK tour, he kept aborting it halfway through, insisting fans at the arena gigs didn't sing along. When they did, he stopped, prompting jeers at some shows, and a plethora of letters of complaint to NME.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I think he only does it live, although I suppose he probably has loads of demo tapes and unreleased stuff that we haven't heard and may have buried it in there.

BTW, I just thought I'd mention that a nice chunk of Ryan's unreleased stuff got leaked out fairly recently. The collections are called 48 Hours and The Suicide Handbook. I was able to download SH, and I just got a couple copies of 48 Hours in the mail from a Ryan board member. It's great stuff.

There isn't a studio version of "Wonderwall" on either collection though...which isn't to say that he still doesn't have one out there.

*wants more leaks*

I just found this great MP3 of it. The file is over 9 minutes long because Ryan does some of his infamous "concert banter" after...God, he's funny...I :heart: his stories. :laugh:

If you get on your messenger one of these nights, I'll transfer it to ya!

I :heart: it when he talks in that fake accent...:lmao:

Ryan talking like that AND saying "wanker" is always guaranteed to make me smile. :D

Back
Top Bottom