Ok... um... today, I had a safety switch installed in my home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kieran McConville

ONE love, blood, life
This is a device the workings of which I don't entirely understand (not being a qualified electrician, mind you), but I'm led to believe it will function as a sort of fail-safe shutdown if something goes wrong.

So it was good to get that done, my old apartment lacks a lot of the mod cons, if you know what I mean.

The electrician told me that the safety switch is required by law in all residences these days, as is a smoke detector. However, no smoke detector was installed today.

That will probably be handled on some other occasion, sometime soon. I'll keep you guys posted when that happens.

Kieran McConville said:
This is a device the workings of which I don't entirely understand (not being a qualified electrician, mind you), but I'm led to believe it will function as a sort of fail-safe shutdown if something goes wrong.

yeah, i've heard the same thing. apparently it's not really a necessary devise, but it can't hurt to have it either.

i guess, if you have it - great, if not, oh well.

it's all pretty so-so.

Zoomerang96, the real question is, is it so-so enough?

I'm really aiming for the very depths of ho-hum territory here.

Really the only true test is as follows, from what I've heard (from people who've tried it, of course)

1. Run a bath.

2. Lower yourself into the water.

3. Drop a running hair dryer into the tub.

4. Have a loved one hit the master safety switch.

Oh, and needless to say, report back your findings.

Back
Top Bottom