Ok- this is freaky

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's pretty fecked up.

------------------

you can try the best you can
you can try the best you can
the best you can is good enough

wtf? you have got to be kidding me?! that cannot be real! did you see how much it costs? i just checked out their profile - i'm so glad they're from my city. freaks.

What an original idea - kinda like - walking up and introducing yourself eh? - except errr, for the expense and all!!

*shudder*

Is that legal?

omg. Talk about freaky.
eek.gif

-sula

You may not disclose the fact that you hired us to anyone, including relatives, friends, and -- especially -- your future wife.

surely there is no way a contract can be written so that this is statement is not civilly illegal. however if it were possible to break this 'rule' methinks this company is exposing itself to litigation from it's research subjects.

------------------
you can stuff your sorries in a sack mister

*thinks over the past few men she has met*
I am angry with this.
mad.gif

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

icon33.gif

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
*shudder*

Is that legal?

I doubt it...the site mentions this in the FAQ:

Q.
Is my confidentiality guaranteed? If so, how?

A.
Yes. Confidentiality -- and penalties applicable if the confidentiality is broken -- are included in the contract between yourself and Coincidence Design, which will be signed prior to the mission.

Note that the existence of the contract itself is included in the confidentiality clause. We will not reveal your name even if one of our agents is arrested or subpoenaed -- thanks to client-lawyer confidentiality clauses.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Oh wait...they explain everything...
rolleyes.gif

Q.
Isn't what you do illegal?

A.
No. Gathering information about other people is a constitutionally guaranteed freedom. The means of doing so may of course be illegal, but the law is somewhat vague as to where legality ends and outright criminality takes over.

In fact, there is a large grey area between what is definitely criminal and what can be classified as ordinary everyday activity. For example, photographing a neighbor's window from your lawn is perfectly legal. Using a powerful zoom lens to photograph the inside of your neighbor's bedroom may be questionable, but it's still legal. Breaking and entering to photograph your neighbor in bed is illegal. But one doesn't have to break and enter to gain admittance to a bedroom.

In any case, it's not you the client but us, the agents and management at Coincidence Design, who face the music (in terms of being booked and standing trial) when there is a legal problem.

------------------
"I don't know you,

Q.
Tapping phones is illegal. How can you say on your web site that you will bug someone's phones?

A.
Yes, tapping phones is usually illegal, but there is nothing illegal about the statements on this web site. Firstly, we are merely stating that we CAN tap someone's phones. This is not illegal and not untrue, since we do indeed possess the technical ability to tap phones.

Secondly, it should be noted that the statement which says "We can bug her phone" on a different page on this web site is based on the assumption that a warrant has been granted by a judicial authority to eavesdrop on the subject.

We would like to emphasize that no statement on this web site is to be construed as intent to break the law. It is clearly stated in all contracts we ask our clients to sign that we are not in the business of undertaking criminal acts on behalf of our clients.

------------------
"I don't know you,

Q.
Why do you refuse overweight clients? Why not let the subject herself decide whether she likes me or not, after the coincidence has occurred?

A.
Our job is to design a successful coincidence. We are good at what we do, but we are not gods. Even a carefully engineered coincidence will be fruitless if the fundamental conditions are not right. If you are serious about finding the perfect love for you, first get in shape, and then come to us.

------------------
"I don't know you,

Originally posted by Bonochick:
If you are serious about finding the perfect love for you, first get in shape, and then come to us.

Oh boy. How bout:

"If you are serious about finding the perfect love for you, forget creepy, shady and outrageously expensive services like ours and do what everybody else does - ask someone if they'd like to have dinner. Go out on dates. Tell people that you like them. Do things that, would make your future wife think you're sweet, rather than things that would make her want to file a restraining order and label you a creep the rest of your life."

Back
Top Bottom