OK, Spill it... what did you get for X-Mas??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lump.gif
:yell:

Well, this was the first Xmas without my father, but it was THE best it could be. Very special.

- DVD/VHS player
- RCA Micro Stereo
- DVD's - Best of, R&H, The Making of the Joshua Tree, and A Hard Day's Night
- a winter weather travel kit to keep in my car (with things like an emergency blanket, drinking water, batteries, flashlight etc.)
- a cross
- sweaters (from my sister and boss)
- a Simpsons watch and 6 pk. of Mt. Dew code Red from my co-worker LOL
- pajamas from my aunt and uncle
- from my five-year old cousin - referring to Bono as "Blotto" :lol: :lol:
- from his parents - 20 buckaroos
- gift cards from JCP, Media Play, and Borders
- A Hard Day's Night on VHS, haha

U2-beautiful day free-to-air OzTV

U2 Beautiful Day free-to-air Oz TV
70 millimetres of rain since Christmas Day
"Christy Moore- One Voice" an autobiography from my eldest son:heart:
A white lace top from my mum( and new undies, much-needed new smaller ones:sexywink: but we won't mention those eh?)
A sarong and my annual supply of Oil Garden bath and body lotion from my sister( mandarin this year-zingy)
An electrical storm on Christmas Eve (supplied by mother nature)
A good win on the slot machines ( the one with the mermaid) on Christmas Eve ( supplied by Lady Luck, it will help pay for my new glasses- I can see!!!) and the band at my old local watering hole were great and played Riders on the Storm and Space Oddity...I was home by 9.30 pm, didn't want to catch santa on the hop)
To travel with my 3 sons home on Christmas Day to a baked dinner prepared and cooked to perfection by hub ( yum...him and the dinner)
To have eldest son stay the night ( I gave him a Siamese fighting fish- I knew he would be missing our pets, and siamese fighters are beautiful and low maintenance and a cactus in a pot, I knew he would be missing our garden too.)
Hub took us all to see the premier of the Two Towers on Boxing Day...woohooooo, Shadowfax, the horse that nuzzled Aragorn:heart: :heart: :heart: Orlando:drool: the whole thing:drool: ...me not to be the only edjit there in costume.

It was grand fun musiclovers....

Did I mention
U2 Beautiful Day- Free To Air on Oz TV?

and now reality bitesI have to dash to town before the bank closes to pay my credit card bill....ouch!!! :wave:
HAPPY NEW YEAR to y'all

A sandwich grill (I've already tried it - it's perfect for making grilled cheese sandwiches - :drool: )
A beautiful pair of pearl earrings in a gold setting
Some towels
Holiday nog mix

That's about it - my family decided to draw names this year to cut down on the amount of shopping we used to do when all nine siblings bought gifts for each other AND all the nieces and nephews, plus our parents. I don't mind because all that shopping was a real hassle.

I'm gonna combine mine with my birthday presents because they are so close together that I forget which presents i got for what.

-rattle and hum dvd
-elevation live from boston dvd
- the wedding singer on dvd
-under a blood red sky cd
-wide awake in america cd
-the U2 bible
-u2: the complete encyclopedia
-a pillowcase that my cousins made for me with pics of larry on it and they even photoshopped one pic so that it looks like me and larry are eating dinner together :drool: my cousins are the greatest :hug:

I couldn't believe how much U2 stuff i got! :hyper:

other stuff:
-a navy colored peacoat
-bass strings, books, and pics for the bass that i have yet to buy :huh:. Everytime i go out to buy one something always prevents me from getting one :banghead:
-a book or irish horror stories
-various stocking stuffers
-a new steering wheel cover
-money
-a best buy and warehouse gift certificates
-lots of neat socks
-pjs
-those chocolates that are filled with alcohol :drool:

I was very spoiled this year...

From my boyfriend - matching silver heart earrings and pendant from Tiffany's (I can even say how much I love them!)
-A really comfy bathrobe from Victoria's Secret
-The New U2 Calendar
- The Audioslave CD

From friends and Family -
- A print of andrew wyeth (sp?)'s Master Bedroom
- a new Vera Bradley Bag and wallet
- Lots of gift certificates!
- A new fleece jacket
-some nice stationary
- aprint of Make Way for Ducklings
- the New Stephen King
- money! :)

I'm a very lucky person... I feel so bad with all the fires and domestic shootings that have occurred over the last week :(

I received:

*cold, hard cash
*a lovely watch
*handcuffs
*a beatiful glass enclosed lavender scented gel-based candle/display
*basil aromatherapy oils
*numerous Bodyshop products
*a whip
*Escada "Sexy Graffiti" perfume
*a massage pillow
*several cd's
*stilletos
*money vouchers to eat/stay at the Hilton
*lots of fine chocolates/baked goods
*a diamond cross pendant
*leather attire

Re: Good reading material

Lemon Meringue said:
I got this from my aunt and uncle. They are cool!

1037577600.jpg
oh yeah......:drool:
What i got was 2 sweaters, a calculator and a capo(< :hyper: )...
no u2 related items... :grumpy:
however i made a best gift for myself!!-i've bought "the best of 1990-2000" with dvd!i'm now listening to it!!!wow...i mostly like the b-sides...:tongue:

bit late? not really, only 10.30 pm 31.12.2002

every now and then my sister finds the most extraordinary books for my husband. First it was "Celebration of mankind" then "The Burning Season" about chico mendez and th eplight of the brasilian rainforest. This year?
"Tibet My Story" An Autobiography by Jetsun Pema, sister of the Dalai Lama...can't wait to get my turn to read with that one.

My friend tells me U2's best of.. was listed as one of the hottest selling items for a Christmas present ....hmmmmm, so how come I never got one:( that old man of mine:sigh: :rolleyes: lucky he looks a bit like this:edge:
where's my glasses? :shocked:

:lmao:It's official...I :heart: this smilie:lmao:

It was cool to read about all the cool gifts everyone received!
I know I am way late too, but it was a great U2 Christmas for me!
A Grand Madness, At the End of the World, Bono biography on pre-order, U2 calendar and an Italian Bono puppet:D
Bono%20Puppet.jpg

Last edited:
U2SJ said:
It was cool to read about all the cool gifts everyone received!
I know I am way late too, but it was a great U2 Christmas for me!
A Grand Madness, At the End of the World, Bono biography on pre-order, U2 calendar and an Italian Bonp puppet:D
Bono%20Puppet.jpg

:lol: HOW COOL!!!

[size=large]BOR-ING!!![/size]

Sheesh, this Christmas was a regular snooze-fest. I got *one* sweater (which I promptly returned) and some cash. Woo hoo. :sigh: Guess the stuff on my wish list (DVD player, digital camera, stereo) will have to be purchased out of my own thin pockets. :madspit:

Oh...but I finally got the U2 video DVD. Today. :)

Ya'll got some sweet ass presents! :) Seems like digital cameras were the popular gift this year!

I got:

The ever popular digital camera
The X-Files "I Want To Believe" poster
A really cool jar filled w/ snickers
An Urban Decay eye shadow pallette
Trivial Pursuit 20th Anniversary Edition
Best Of DVD
An Iowa Hawkeyes shirt (my roomie gave it to me cuz we thought we were gonna be able go to the Rose Bowl and crash w/ her relatives but then the BCS bastards sent the Hawks to the Orange Bowl)
$50 from Grandma, which I turned around and spent on a 64MB memory stick for my camera

Back
Top Bottom