ok, so Im not a mother...but I do have question on 'babies in womb'.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
...now.......LMAO!!!!!....I know this is prob gonna sound the most wierdest, dumbest question Maddie could come out with yet....but what the hell! If only, if maybe, a real doc or someone who just knows can answer but................er..........aww fuk it, here goes!

Ok so a baby grows in the womb...:rolleyes:

BUT, my question is, how, if its a boy, is the bump lower is it?
Or being a girl, is it higher?

Or vice versa if I have gotten it wrong......sorry!

Now I know its daft, but Im bloody serious, Im curious as to why the bumps are different due to the sex of baby!!!!

sorry.....:D

Ah right, well I mean I was suspicious.........but its been used in the film Nine Months.....and some pple still talk about it......

ah well...............

<feels foolish now........but didnt entirely fall for it..........

I asked to check, that all.......

Yes it is an old wives tale, but it is correct 90% of the time! I am usually right on guessing the sex of a baby just by how the woman "carries" the baby during pregnancy.

Boys - low

Girls - high

:)

yeah...I have never learned that, but its not a stupid question. Curiosity is often a good thing
aside from when it kills a cat

it just doesn't make sense. Whether its a boy or girl isn't determined until 9 weeks or something and until then the "default" pathway is male. So should all babies therefore be "low"?

mad1 said:
awwwwwwwww

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugz Uncle Basstrap))))))))))))))))))))))))))

*squashes his face with her tongue*

Ya big mug!!!

:D

you're not still mad at me ? ;)

How can I be mad at such a big cute ass like u!

:)

Besides, u told me u were kiddin and its important i point out size doesnt matter

anyone on Inter.........I go by pples character, more than their image, I dont give two fuks on anyones image.....

:cool:

Basstrap said:
it just doesn't make sense. Whether its a boy or girl isn't determined until 9 weeks or something and until then the "default" pathway is male. So should all babies therefore be "low"?

it's very difficult to tell if a baby is a girl. simply because she has nothing to show. boys are more obvious with their sex. i don't think there is a "default" that doctors go with.

Well, don't all babies "drop" in the last 7-10 days before they are born? I also thought it had to do with how many pregnancies the mother has had...i.e. the first child will sit higher, but with the next babies, the muscles will be more relaxed(I don't know if that's the right word), and the baby will sit lower.....I don't know, I've never been pregnant, that's just what I was told.

Lilly said:

it's very difficult to tell if a baby is a girl. simply because she has nothing to show. boys are more obvious with their sex. i don't think there is a "default" that doctors go with.

no...the differientation b/w male and female does not actually begin until several weeks after the attachment(i forget exactly how many, I'll look into my physiology book when I get home)
Until then the baby grpws as if it will become male. My Biochem prof losely said it was a sort of "default" path because in order for a female to begin to differentiate something has to be shut off...damn! I forget everything!!
Whats the point of doing school anyway??

Anyway, I'll look this all up when I get home and will give a better answer laer ;)

is there going to be a baby asstrap?

bass you know an awful lot about this topic. are you pregnant?

Carrying high or low is a wives' tale, as state above! Although it can be pretty accurate at times.

Generally - around the 15th week of pregnancy you can tell a baby's sex by ultrasound...that is if they cooperate with you! :D

Mrs.Clayton said:
Well, don't all babies "drop" in the last 7-10 days before they are born? I also thought it had to do with how many pregnancies the mother has had...i.e. the first child will sit higher, but with the next babies, the muscles will be more relaxed(I don't know if that's the right word), and the baby will sit lower.....I don't know, I've never been pregnant, that's just what I was told.

hey girl! :)

did you get my email on 7/8? :)

Basstrap said:

I'm pretty sure the "default pathway" is female. We all start out female, until hormones later take over and change to male. This is why men have nipples - for real. They are developed early on.

Mrs.Clayton said:

:yes: Well, they're supposed to anyway. I carried one high and one low but neither one dropped until the day before I delivered. And, sorry to debunk the high/low theory but they were both boys :mac:

JaraU2 said:

I'm pretty sure the "default pathway" is female. We all start out female, until hormones later take over and change to male. This is why men have nipples - for real. They are developed early on.

Hi JaraU2! Thankyou so much for that reply. I was picking on my husband the other day because of his nipples, saying they were useless etc. His reply to me was guys have them because they would look stupid without them. He was joking I hope. But it still got me wondering why exactly males have them. Does this rule apply to animals as well? They have em.

One thing I heard maddie about telling the sex before it is born is the amount of morning sickness someone has. If they are quite ill, its usually a girl. This is supposed to be backed up by science, something about the amount of female hormones making the woman feel more sick etc.

BAW, did you get a lot of morning sickness during your 2 pregnancies?

Angela Harlem said:

BAW, did you get a lot of morning sickness during your 2 pregnancies?

I don't remember any morning sickness at all with the first one but with the second one, I had afternoon/early evening sickness where the slightest smell had me running to the bathroom.

I have also heard that girls give you the worst morning sickness so maybe its true!

I'm not sure how accurate the high/low or morning sickness/no morning sickness methods are... but it's interesting nonetheless. I'm pregnant and my instincts tell me the baby is a boy, but then i could be totally wrong. We'll soon see :D

I'm a postaholic tonight...:D

Hi LuvLady btw. I am exactly the same.
I feel fairly sick at nights, and kinda think its a boy. An alien still, but a male one.
I too, am probably hopelessly wrong. 4 weeks should do it though.
:D

i don't remember how i carried in my pregnancy, but i had a girl. when i first found out i was pregnant, i was a mess, but thats a different story. my instincts told me that i would have a girl. i had some crazy morning sickness. here she is 6 years later...now asking me how babies are made(oh god help me!)

Back
Top Bottom