ok, so Im not a mother...but I do have question on 'babies in womb'. - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2002, 04:45 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton
Well, don't all babies "drop" in the last 7-10 days before they are born? I also thought it had to do with how many pregnancies the mother has had...i.e. the first child will sit higher, but with the next babies, the muscles will be more relaxed(I don't know if that's the right word), and the baby will sit lower.....I don't know, I've never been pregnant, that's just what I was told.
hey girl!

did you get my email on 7/8?

Old 07-10-2002, 07:25 PM   #17
Babyface

Local Time: 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Basstrap
it just doesn't make sense. Whether its a boy or girl isn't determined until 9 weeks or something and until then the "default" pathway is male. So should all babies therefore be "low"?
I'm pretty sure the "default pathway" is female. We all start out female, until hormones later take over and change to male. This is why men have nipples - for real. They are developed early on.

Old 07-10-2002, 07:32 PM   #18
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs.Clayton
Well, don't all babies "drop" in the last 7-10 days before they are born? I also thought it had to do with how many pregnancies the mother has had...i.e. the first child will sit higher, but with the next babies, the muscles will be more relaxed(I don't know if that's the right word), and the baby will sit lower.....I don't know, I've never been pregnant, that's just what I was told.
Well, they're supposed to anyway. I carried one high and one low but neither one dropped until the day before I delivered. And, sorry to debunk the high/low theory but they were both boys
Old 07-11-2002, 02:47 AM   #19
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by JaraU2

I'm pretty sure the "default pathway" is female. We all start out female, until hormones later take over and change to male. This is why men have nipples - for real. They are developed early on.
Hi JaraU2! Thankyou so much for that reply. I was picking on my husband the other day because of his nipples, saying they were useless etc. His reply to me was guys have them because they would look stupid without them. He was joking I hope. But it still got me wondering why exactly males have them. Does this rule apply to animals as well? They have em.

One thing I heard maddie about telling the sex before it is born is the amount of morning sickness someone has. If they are quite ill, its usually a girl. This is supposed to be backed up by science, something about the amount of female hormones making the woman feel more sick etc.

BAW, did you get a lot of morning sickness during your 2 pregnancies?
Old 07-11-2002, 10:47 AM   #20
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

BAW, did you get a lot of morning sickness during your 2 pregnancies?
I don't remember any morning sickness at all with the first one but with the second one, I had afternoon/early evening sickness where the slightest smell had me running to the bathroom.

I have also heard that girls give you the worst morning sickness so maybe its true!
Old 07-12-2002, 08:47 AM   #21
War Child

Local Time: 05:23 AM

I'm not sure how accurate the high/low or morning sickness/no morning sickness methods are... but it's interesting nonetheless. I'm pregnant and my instincts tell me the baby is a boy, but then i could be totally wrong. We'll soon see
Old 07-12-2002, 08:57 AM   #22
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:23 AM
I'm a postaholic tonight...

Hi LuvLady btw. I am exactly the same.
I feel fairly sick at nights, and kinda think its a boy. An alien still, but a male one.
I too, am probably hopelessly wrong. 4 weeks should do it though.
Old 07-12-2002, 10:26 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:23 PM
i don't remember how i carried in my pregnancy, but i had a girl. when i first found out i was pregnant, i was a mess, but thats a different story. my instincts told me that i would have a girl. i had some crazy morning sickness. here she is 6 years later...now asking me how babies are made(oh god help me!)