Ok keyboardists, tell me what you know about this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
I'm getting a 1962 Hammond M-111 organ this weekend!!!!! It's FREE!!! :dance: I'm excited about it, but I've never owned an organ before. Where can I go to learn more about Hammond's in general, and then to learn more about this particular model? I want tons and tons of details!! :hyper:

I don't know how to play keyboards, but I absolutely love the sound of the Hammond organ. So jealous! I don't have any sites for you...Wikipedia's article seems quite in depth, but we all know that Wikipedia can be flawed at times.

hammond-organ.com
click on the history section.
that thing is rad, my friend has one, you should get a leslie speaker to go with it!

My friend and I wanted to buy an old, busted-buy-still-fuctional Hamond Organ from our High School a couple years ago, but one day we come in and our Piano teacher was like, "Oh, they threw away that old thing."

I was in complete and utter shock. Who in their right mind throws away a working Hamond Organ?! Anyway, congrats on the free organ! Cherish it well!

I'm so excited to have it! Anyone know if there's anything I need to do to get it ready to move? I've read for other models that there's a mechanism to lock the tonewheel, but I don't know if I need to do that for this or what...

Back
Top Bottom