Ok, here it is: Tommy or Quadrophenia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Your choice?

• Tommy

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Quadrophenia

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Some of you care, some don't. :shrug:

I love Tommy as a whole piece, but the songs on Quadrophenia are better written, and sound so great! The production of Tommy has always bugged me because it sounds sloppy.

The Real Me, 5:15, I've Had Enough, and Dr. Jimmy can never be played loud enough.

Your thoughts, if you care to share them?

Last edited:
Purely as a piece of rock music I'd say Quadrophenia and yes its production is far superior, but Tommy was one of the most significant albums of all time, and The Who played it soooooo brilliantly live. Actually that's one of the reasons I love Tommy, cos it can prettymuch all be played on stage if you have a couple guitars, a bass, drums and a french horn.

Tommy.

QUADROPHENIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't get much better than that.

I'd have to go with Quadrophenia.
Though the Tommy segment of this year's tour (Sparks/Amazing Journey/Pinball Wizard/See Me Feel Me) was the highlight of the show.

If I had to pick, it would be Tommy. I love Quadrophenia, but Tommy is a masterpiece, "The Overture" "Christmas" "The Underture" "I'm Free"... So many fantastic songs. Yes, the production sucks but... Just a side note, I saw the Who recently, and they did a Tommy Medley as the encore... "Sparks was UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! It has to be the greatest performance I've ever seen... WOO HOO!!!!! This thread is going to put me back on a major Who kick!!!

Quadrophenia is one of those albums that you listen to the whole way through. Tommy has some fillers....I just can't listen to the whole thing together.

:ohmy: Ancient thread it most certainly is!!!

I like Quadrophenia a lot even though there are a few songs on there I'm not crazy about. I don't know anything about Tommy except for hits like Pinball Wizard. So don't think I can vote here. :slant:

I love Quadrophenia. :drool: Better songs, more interesting concept. Oh, and did you know Sting was in the movie?:wink: (sorry martha:reject: )

martha said:

I love Tommy as a whole piece, but the songs on Quadrophenia are better written, and sound so great! The production of Tommy has always bugged me because it sounds sloppy.

:up: I agree. (even though I haven't listened to either since before U2democrat was born :reject: )

Back
Top Bottom