OK, here goes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PennyPyro said:
I like Creed! I know some people (or maybe a lot of people) dont like them, but I do!

Aww! That's fine! I think one of the main reasons why ppl don't like Creed around here are b/c of Scott's grandstanding mannerisms and Bonoisms. On a personal note, I lived for quite a while in Tallahassee where Creed got their start, and have my own reasons for not liking them apart from their public personas.

Don't be afraid to admit that you like them though! :)

I don't like Creed for the same reasons I don't like Bon Jovi, it sounds fake and cheesy to me. They're not all that horrible but damn, I just can't listen to it for more than half a song....

:no: :scream:

Don't be afraid to admit that you like them though!

:up:

while i hate creed as a music listener and find it hard to respect the music tastes of anyone who likes them as a music snob, you like what you like and it's lame to have 'guilty pleasures'. hell, i own 2 eve 6 albums and still think chumbawumba's 'tubthumping' was a good song. i'm not embarrased. rip in to me all you want :macdevil:

I liked "Tubthumping", too, IWasBored. :). I really have no room to criticize people's music tastes...after all, I was a Spice Girls fan at one time (and I won't automatically change the station if I hear one of their songs...brings back memories and all, you know?).

As for Creed...I'm not a fan of their music, personally. Their songs just get played to death and I get bored with their music after a while. But if you like them, PennyPyro, hey, more power to ya. :D. You've got your reasons, their music does something for you...it's cool. :up:.

Angela

chumbawamba's good......

...should i be ashamed of having a soft spot for Britney spears Toxic?
I think it's a brilliant creation from the only respectable, fair dinkum pop artist in the world....

:hmm: I think Lomax never recorded the Beach Boys. Nor the Palace Brothers... :hmm:

:tongue:

Marty (longs back to the time when it was still *****)

true

IMO you're a sell out as soon as you set foot into a studio

tough luck for the beach boys

Not saying, of course, that anyone else has to like Creed, but it's a little ironic, seeing that this is a forum on a U2 site and Scott Stapp has actually said U2 is one of their influences...
Just a comment, that's all...

PennyPyro said:
Not saying, of course, that anyone else has to like Creed, but it's a little ironic, seeing that this is a forum on a U2 site and Scott Stapp has actually said U2 is one of their influences...

I could never understand the deep hatred for Creed here myself. I wouldn't say I am a fan, but I don't dislike them at all and don't see what's so awful about them. They're better than all those crap rapmetal bands out there and the whiney, moaney pop songs. My Own Prison and What's This Life For are songs with a good message, and I can relate to some of the lyrics more than I can anything my Radiohead or some of the other things that are so popular with the people who bash Creed.

Yes, he did list U2 as an influence, and I can see that. They are an ambiguously religious band, as U2 has been at times (UTEOTW for example) with a message, what's wrong with that? A lot of people picked on Scott for trying to look like JT Bono, but there are much worse looks he could have copied :drool: He looks a lot hotter than Linkin Park! :drool: Scott Stapp in a pair of tight assed leather pants :drool:

yertle-the-turtle said:
I like that new blink-182 song 'i miss you'.

i think it's great.

bar whatever his name's vocals.

other than that, it's excellent.

haha, really?

i haven't heard it. honestly, after liking...i forgot what it's called...the first single off that album. 'feeling this'. that's it. after liking that i've been afraid to hear any of the other songs in the event that i might actually like them. and since i still don't hate 'adam's song'...:eek:

you ever hear any of their otehr stuff? Pretty cool!

aside from the rest of the stuff on that album, not really. we got something in at the radio station that went striaght into the garbage after previewing the first track.

PennyPyro said:

You can like Creed all you want that's your prerogative, but just because someone lists U2 as an influence doesn't make them good.

I don't see it as ironic at all, I think Creed has bastardized what U2 is to music. They tried to be the hard rock U2. There's a differnce between immitation and influence. Just my $.02

Back
Top Bottom