OJ: 10 Years Later - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2004, 10:36 PM   #16
An Angel In Devil's Shoes

Local Time: 03:29 PM
i saw the entire chase on tv.
hard to believe it was 10 years ago.

Old 06-13-2004, 11:14 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:29 PM
Remember this one...

"I was hitting golf balls in the dark waiting for the limo driver....."

Old 06-13-2004, 11:42 PM   #18
I Serve Larry's Stick

Local Time: 05:29 PM
I watched it all happen with my mom in my old house...I was 14.

Did anyone else catch when one of Howard Stern's cronies called in and pretended to have inside info to the chase? It was hilarious...I can't remember who it was, but they totally believed everything he was saying. Then at the end, he gave away his status by saying "baba booey to you all!" or something like that.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:02 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
so now that we're 10 years later... who still remembers where they were durring the bronco chase? when the verdict was read? i know i do...
I remember well...During the Bronco chase, me and a few friends were at Wonderland Greyhound track, we kept remarking about the recurring caption "O.J. in white truck".
For the verdict, I went home from my office for an extended lunch (at the time only lived 5 minutes from work) and watched the verdict in my living room.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:09 AM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~

Did anyone else catch when one of Howard Stern's cronies called in and pretended to have inside info to the chase? It was hilarious...
They replay that one every so often:
"I sees OJ and he look scared man."
At the end he says Baba Booey to you all, Peter Jennings starts to recap what he told him and Al Michaels (who was a regular Stern guest) calls in and says, "Peter just show you know that call was totally farcical, a listener of a certain radio DJ"
Old 06-14-2004, 09:25 AM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel

I was in my college cafeteria in Tallahassee, Florida when the verdict was read.
OT: Which college? Like I said before, I was walking through the FSU student union at the same time.

Maybe we are following each other
Old 06-14-2004, 10:02 AM   #22
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by kellyahern

OT: Which college?
TCC..I didn't go to FSU until my Junior year for my major
Old 06-14-2004, 10:57 AM   #23
Acrobat

Local Time: 03:29 PM
I have wondered for a long time how the kids were doing through all this and the after math of it all. Just recently I overheard some interview with him babbling about how his daughter has had the hardest time with all this and losing her Mother and growing up without her. All I could think of was you dirty fuckhead you took her mother away! How dare you! It means nothing what he says. It just amazes me that he can even speak about it. I do look forward to the day when those kids feel free to speak loudly in their own words about their father and the tragic loss of their Mother.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:17 PM   #24
Blue Crack Addict

Yes, that interview was sickening..

I remember being away at the beach and hearing about the murder the beginning of the week, and watching the Bronco at the end of the week

The next year I was at the same place on vacation. I remember watching on Court TV when they had him put the glove on. Later that day I was on the phone w/ someone and we both said at the same time " Can you believe they had him try on the glove? " All I remember about the verdict was feeling sick and crying..

On Dateline last night, Denise Brown said she hates Marcia Clark.. she told the story of how one day she and her sister went into Marcia's office. There was a huge photo of Nicole's slit throat, and Marcia said something like "oh it's just like furniture to me, I forget they (the photos) are even there"
Old 06-14-2004, 07:28 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:29 PM
I saw the chase on TV. That was a wild one. I can't remember what I was doing when I heard about the verdict. I wasn't surprised--I thought he was guilty but I knew he was going to get off.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:06 AM   #26
New Yorker

I was at home watching t.v. when the chase happened, I remember my dad had it on and we were sure he was going to commit suicide in the car.

I was at Disneyland when the verdict was read! Being Disneyland, it was pretty isolated from what was going on, but we overheard people in the hotel talking about how the jury had decided, and they were giving 24 hours for the police to be prepared. So everyone assumed O.J. was guilty and that they were afraid riots would break out. My dad wanted to drive down to LA for the reading, but my mom said that was crazy...
Old 06-15-2004, 11:41 AM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
I saw the chase on TV. That was a wild one. I can't remember what I was doing when I heard about the verdict. I wasn't surprised--I thought he was guilty but I knew he was going to get off.
Just my opinion, but in retrospect, if the officers handling that chase had actually stopped it, then we would have seen what a coward OJ really was...would he have shot himself? would he have given up without resistant? the longer the chase went played right into his hands because he essentially surrendered on HIS terms, just like he's manipulated everything else in his life. Had that chase been interrupted, I believe that the outcome would have been different...and they could have thrown AC Cowlings in the slammer too!
Old 06-15-2004, 02:49 PM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor

i'm still bitter over them cutting into the knick game
Old 06-15-2004, 09:54 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

I remember being home, and my father and grandfather were watching the Knicks game when suddenly the Bronco chase started.

I was in high school when the verdict came in. I remember a girl in my math class wore a t-shirt that said "Guilty!" on it.