Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ohm%201.jpg

ohn%202.jpg

ohm%203.jpg

Utoo said:
Anybody here meditate?
Yes. Do you?

On one of my research trips to India I spent a night at a Buddhist monastery in Darjeeling, where I observed the monks doing their morning meditation using Ohm. It was an utterly amazing experience, and made every hair on my neck stand on end--the effect was like being in a small room with a chorus of Mongolian throat singers, all these incredible overtones resonating and bouncing off the walls and lingering in the air, a more vivid auditory experience probably than anything you could ever get from drugs.

Re: Re: Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yolland said:

Yes. Do you?

Yup. :D I started in high school when a really amazing meditation technique was part of this speed reading program that I'd tried out. Then I really got into it in college.....I was taking a world religions class & right around when we were discussing Buddhism, the Dalai Lama came to campus to speak. I saw him & was amazed! :yes: In med school, I've been in this experimental "Mind-Body Medicine" program that we're trying out here, the bedrock of which is learning various meditation & guided imagery techniques. Pretty darn cool!

I usually meditate right before bed & during the day whenever I feel that I'm not really centered. I'd like to start doing it daily in the morning, but just haven't yet...

btw--I'm glad this thread got found again! :wink:

nop :reject: I have problems to concentrate .........................................................................................oh look! a bird!!!!

I am a better daydreamer and I think that my art is my meditation, cuz only when i'm painting i can concentrate and I can solve many problems through the process.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

being in a small room with a chorus of Mongolian throat singers, all these incredible overtones resonating and bouncing off the walls and lingering in the air, a more vivid auditory experience probably than anything you could ever get from drugs. [/B][/QUOTE]

Wooaahh, Mongols throats bouncing off walls, well if drugs don't give you an experience, try drinking as much Kronenbourg as I have today, & I only had to go to my local spar shop!!!

would love to know how to meditate, but youve got to have a clear mind, and im always thinking all the time, so id be useless at it

I'm from India originally but I don't meditate. I listen to the evil rock music of the west instead! :happy:

:wink:

I keep thinking of doing about 15 minutes of meditation or breathing excercises every morning before the insane weekday rush begins. But I never manage to do it maybe cos of late hours on Interference! :shifty:

My imagination is far too hyperactive for me to concentrate on meditation. My mind is a scary place, believe me.

I have done some Om meditation. I think it's really important to get the breathing technique just right.

I took a yoga meditation class once with a Hindu guru. It was very interesting. I think one of the meditations went like this:

We are not the mind
We are not the body
We are ever free, pure and simple
The goal of human life
Is to discover our true nature
Which is potentially divine
And to manifest that divinity
In our thoughts, speech and actions.

The 8 steps of Buddhist meditation is really difficult for me, but I have some attention deficit issues to begin with.

One technique for a cluttered mind is to fight yourself when a thought pops in your head. One meditation teacher of mine would tell us, "It's perfectly natural for thoughts to come into your mind. Just tell yourself 'This is a good thought, and I will think about it later; it can wait until I am done.'" Sounds kind of funny, I guess, but it often works. :wink:

I took a class once at church on meditation and we had to read the book "Journey of Awakening" by Ram Dass. It is easier for me to begin by focusing on a single object, such as a candle, to help clear the clutter out of my head. I also enjoy guided meditations.

Back
Top Bottom