Ohai, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Brilliant... I'm not sure if I asked whether my discovery meant no more money for teeth. :giggle:

Our Easter egg hunts were always indoors and sans clues, unless it looked like there would be chocolate left mouldering in a hidden cranny for years.

And I have a feeling we still may have missed some of the little ones for a few years!

me: "Hey, I found one!"
mum: "Strange, I don't remember hiding one there........ this year."

Heh, Mum still gave me money when I lost my final teeth at age 12. In fact, I think that particular instance was the most money I ever got for teeth!

And :lmao: that's classic. Mum would always hide Easter eggs in odd locations, both inside and out. She'd put a few on the dining table along with an initial clue, and each successive egg had another clue until I'd end up with the final egg and go complaining to Mum that the hunt was over and I wanted to keep playing! Even if she'd just hide some of the eggs I'd already found and make new clues! I think she gave in once or twice too ...

I have few memories from before my 5th birthday.

I have a memory from what has to be when I was one year old. It's of a nightly news report on the Iran-Iraq War, which ended before I turned two.

WTF.

And :lmao: that's classic. Mum would always hide Easter eggs in odd locations, both inside and out. She'd put a few on the dining table along with an initial clue, and each successive egg had another clue until I'd end up with the final egg and go complaining to Mum that the hunt was over and I wanted to keep playing! Even if she'd just hide some of the eggs I'd already found and make new clues! I think she gave in once or twice too ...

I don't think I have the sort of cryptic-crossword brain that would have enjoyed that so much... if I couldn't figure it out quickly, I probably would have got frustrated and it all would have ended in tears. :giggle:

Holy shit. I think I have the first draft of DI-V at 2.4 hours. Now I need to make sure it really is under 160 mins...
I've been shuffling things around and dropping the tracks that didn't have a home yet at the end.. and I just went "sod it" and chopped off the ones at the end and made an arbitrary decision about the new closing track.
This is scary.
And it'll all probably change next time I listen to it!

Time I started putting together that properly-formatted list...

I don't think I have the sort of cryptic-crossword brain that would have enjoyed that so much... if I couldn't figure it out quickly, I probably would have got frustrated and it all would have ended in tears. :giggle:

Holy shit. I think I have the first draft of DI-V at 2.4 hours. Now I need to make sure it really is under 160 mins...
I've been shuffling things around and dropping the tracks that didn't have a home yet at the end.. and I just went "sod it" and chopped off the ones at the end and made an arbitrary decision about the new closing track.
This is scary.
And it'll all probably change next time I listen to it!

Time I started putting together that properly-formatted list...

Oh, I always enjoyed the odd clues, and the thrill of hunting things down. I remember ... it might not have been the first year I did an Easter egg hunt, but I was rather young and I complained the clues were too easy! So from then on, Mum would do fun cryptic things.

:ohmy: Well done. Hope you can stick with your decisions. :wink:

I have a memory from what has to be when I was one year old. It's of a nightly news report on the Iran-Iraq War, which ended before I turned two.

WTF.
My heart stopped for a few minutes the day before my 5th birthday. So I don't remember anything from before that.

Ah fuck, I was about to go to bed when I remembered I still have cleaning to do in the kitchen. Time to do a really half-arsed, tired job ...

:ohmy: Well done. Hope you can stick with your decisions. :wink:

Not much fear of that!

My earliest memory that I can be reasonably sure of is when my maternal grandfather visited from England, when I was two... and probably the only reason I remember that is because he tipped me upside down and scared the bejeebus out of me.

Why is it never the pleasant things that stick in my head??

Wow, that was a half-arsed cleaning job even by my standards.

You know, it's been so warm here the last couple of days that I've found I've kicked off blankets in the night, and this evening I've taken the rubbish out a couple of times and found it's quite comfortable even just in a t-shirt.

WHERE ARE YOU, WINTER. :scream:

You know, it's been so warm here the last couple of days that I've found I've kicked off blankets in the night, and this evening I've taken the rubbish out a couple of times and found it's quite comfortable even just in a t-shirt.

WHERE ARE YOU, WINTER. :scream:
Want some of our suck arse climate? :sexywink:

OK, I've done my dash and can't stay awake any longer. Have a good one, folks! :wave:

let's see;

hamburgers....nah.
Japanese.....possibly...
Hot dogs......nah..
Mexican.......umm,nah.

Bye Ax.
Sounds like Japanese it is then!
In fact, Chinese food sounds really good right now. I still have the extra fortune cookie from my last lunch staring me in the face.

:drool:

Bye, Ax!

let's see;

hamburgers....nah.
Japanese.....possibly...
Hot dogs......nah..
Mexican.......umm,nah.

Bye Ax.

You should get a chargrilled lamb yiros/kebab/souvlaki/shashlick/whatever they're called over there, covered in tzatziki.

That's the only meat meal I really miss. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom