Ohai, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
7 Wouldn't give the AFL to 10. I still they are friggen stupid because two weeks ago they wouldn't budge on showing Hawthorn Vs Geelong live (it was a sell out), and because of the olympics they'll show Geelong Vs Melbourne live, and it won't be a game of quality, everyone knows that. The AFL TRIED to get the Hawks/Cats game live, but 7 wouldn't budge....now shouldn't it be the AFL who decides how 7 Broadcast its own brand?

What the fuck. The game tonight is Geelong vs Melbourne? Who fucking cares! The Tigers will probably be made to look competitive compared to the fucking hapless Demons! How many hundred points do you think the Cats will win by? I'm calling the final score as 200-13.

7 are completely fucking useless.

You know what would be nice?, and maybe you'll be able to do this if we all had Seven HD, thats turn the commentary off and just have the audio feed directly from the stadium. I've watched some football (soccer) matches like this, and although the quality of the EPL commentators is pretty good, I still enjoyed the match!

Oooh, that would be good. Or how about options for commentary in other languages? I'd swap to German, even though I'd only understand a bit of it! I suppose that's only something SBS would consider, and their English commentary is already good enough to be listenable ...

What the fuck. The game tonight is Geelong vs Melbourne? Who fucking cares! The Tigers will probably be made to look competitive compared to the fucking hapless Demons! How many hundred points do you think the Cats will win by? I'm calling the final score as 200-13.

7 are completely fucking useless.

:yes: 7 are complely fucking useless, they were good before lost the AFL rights in 2001, but since they got 'em back last year they have been jack shit. I think the game will be a lot closer, but Geelong still to win by 40+

Oooh, that would be good. Or how about options for commentary in other languages? I'd swap to German, even though I'd only understand a bit of it! I suppose that's only something SBS would consider, and their English commentary is already good enough to be listenable ...

Or in Spanish?, I'd just crack up laughing, watching DVD's sometimes in other languages is pure gold!

Isn't that how local channels are? :wink:

All the Aussie commercial networks are fucking useless. 7, 9, 10. Just rake in the advertising money and don't give a shit about quality programming.

At least the two government-funded networks, SBS and the ABC, provide a worthwhile standard of television. Shame less than a quarter of the television-viewing public watches them, and flocks to the crap on 7, 9, and 10 instead!

Hah, I'm just having a look at the TV guide tonight, and I see that Channel 10 is trying to counter Channel 7's broadcast of the Opening Ceremony with Star Wars ... The Phantom Menace. Oh yeah, like many people will tune into that instead.

I suspect SBS's broadcast of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon at the same time as the Opening Ceremony is hardly a co-incidence either.
:lol: i'm drinking again, but thankfully beer and not rum or alcohol and i have to go on a weekend trip with my somewhat partime boss/friend and i don't really want to go and i have to go tomorrow morning shit! now what do i do except go and i'm already drinking, i won't be able to handle it.

All the Aussie commercial networks are fucking useless. 7, 9, 10. Just rake in the advertising money and don't give a shit about quality programming.

At least the two government-funded networks, SBS and the ABC, provide a worthwhile standard of television. Shame less than a quarter of the television-viewing public watches them, and flocks to the crap on 7, 9, and 10 instead!
All of our local channels are shit and so are most of the pay ones! You have to go a step higher than basic cable to get anything decent here!

Daniel, I'm surprised you think Cats vs Demons will be close. Look at what happened to the Tigers last week! If a team on the verge of the eight's getting crushed like that, the useless Demons probably don't have a chance even against the Geelong Under-13s. What was that famous sign somebody took to a Demons game earlier this year? Something like "at least pretend you're trying". :laugh:

OK, who's up for a bit of album listening? I'm sitting here in silence wondering what to play, and if any of you lot want to join me on a U2 album, that'd be cool.

Isn't that how local channels are? :wink:

:yes: Pretty much what Ax said,

To be able to watch any good Sport, you have to have cable. and the pricing isn't too bad, but the TV channel packages aren't too crash hot. Back in the day you could have say 31 Channels + 4 sport channels for say $39.95 a month, thats not too bad!

Now You can still get the basic 31 Channels but the sports channels are all spread out into different packages now, meaning you have to be spending about $70 before you can watch sport again!

Its well and good if you don't wanna watch some Soccer, Cricket or Rugby. But otherwise Free To Air TV and Pay TV in this country suck big gymnastic balls.

OK, who's up for a bit of album listening? I'm sitting here in silence wondering what to play, and if any of you lot want to join me on a U2 album, that'd be cool.

I think we should listen to something else.

Crowded House, PT, PF, whatev, I'm game :wink:

I might be able to do some U2, Crowdies, Muse ect....but I do have my lunch break in 20 minutes, I might sit this one out.

It looks like I may be home tonight, so if we're doing one then, I'll be up for it!

I'm multi-tasking, but I think I can pull off listening to some music.
What'd ya have in mind?

I think we should listen to something else.

Crowded House, PT, PF, whatev, I'm game :wink:

Eh, I'm not keen on doing anything else. The good thing about U2 listening is that, well, this is a U2 forum. So all of us going on about U2 doesn't really exclude people like DI running diaries have in the past.

Also, I initially read "whatev" as "whales". :laugh:

:yes: Pretty much what Ax said,

To be able to watch any good Sport, you have to have cable. and the pricing isn't too bad, but the TV channel packages aren't too crash hot. Back in the day you could have say 31 Channels + 4 sport channels for say $39.95 a month, thats not too bad!

Now You can still get the basic 31 Channels but the sports channels are all spread out into different packages now, meaning you have to be spending about $70 before you can watch sport again!

Its well and good if you don't wanna watch some Soccer, Cricket or Rugby. But otherwise Free To Air TV and Pay TV in this country suck big gymnastic balls.
That's pretty much how it is here, too.
The local channels DO play some sports, but never the stuff people wanna see.

That's pretty much how it is here, too.
The local channels DO play some sports, but never the stuff people wanna see.

Back about ten years ago, the national free-to-air networks here showed most sport. Plenty of live rugby, cricket, and whatever. Now? Almost all of it is on Fox Sports. Fuck that. I'd happily pay $2 per channel per month, and only buy the channels I want. So I'd probably be paying about $10 a month. But it seems Foxtel just isn't interested in providing that service. If they'd rather $0 than $10 from me, well ... that's their dumb business model!

I'm multi-tasking, but I think I can pull off listening to some music.
What'd ya have in mind?

I was thinking something we hadn't done like UABRS, but eh, if it's only going to be a couple of us, there isn't too much point.

Back about ten years ago, the national free-to-air networks here showed most sport. Plenty of live rugby, cricket, and whatever. Now? Almost all of it is on Fox Sports. Fuck that. I'd happily pay $2 per channel per month, and only buy the channels I want. So I'd probably be paying about $10 a month. But it seems Foxtel just isn't interested in providing that service. If they'd rather $0 than $10 from me, well ... that's their dumb business model!

I think something has to happen like that in the near future, when Digital fully takes over, yeah it will probably take another 10 years to get to Australia, once everyone else has it. But we're getting TiVo, I think I might have just come out?, so the baby steps are being taken.

Fox Sports Network is the only channel that really plays the major Baseball team based near us, so a lot of people get pissed off over that because the cheapest satellite package (something close to $70 per month) does not have it!

Just found this on Wikipedia:

It has been announced that Canada's Celine Dion,[90] Taiwan's Jay Chou,[91] Britain's Sarah Brightman and China's Liu Huan[92] would perform during the opening ceremony.

:barf:

Well, there go my plans to watch the Opening Ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom