Oh the beauty of these olympics...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
After sept.11 these were supposed to the olympics that brought all the nations together, instead it has produced more dissention and hatred than I care to think about.

------------------
"Here it is, revenge to the tune;
your no good.
your no good, your no good, your no good
Can't you tell, it's well understood?"
Elliott Smith - Waltz#2

people will probably start yelling at you for saying something like that

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

olympic2.gif

I'm almost inclined to agree. I mean, Korea hates the U.S. Russia hates the U.S. Sweden hates Belarus. Italy and Norway are somewhat at odds. Canada hates French (judging). People aren't fond of Russia....
Ah, to be neutral Switzerland...

It seems that the Olympics bring people together in that, hey. WE're all here, in one country, trying to achieve the same goal. We're united under the pretence of sport. Everyone trying to be their best.

But as with any international event, there is discrimination and rivalry. Everyone feels another country is out to get them, or that they aren't treated fairly. It just happens. It's competetion, it's sport, it's life.

The Closing Ceremonies should bring everyone together again. Where it's less important about who won what, or didn't. Rather it's a celebration of sport, or athleticism, of being one's best. I can't wait.

Ahh... A disclaimer, Sweden doesn't hate Belarus, we hate our hockey players for being such a bunch of loosers. LOL But we do hate Norway because they always are better then us, except for maybe ice hockey, but they would probably win over Belarus so I guess they are better then us there too. Muahhhh
biggrin.gif
So therefor I guess we hate Belarus anyway because they can't even make us be better then Norway in ice hockey by beating Norway too, with more goals then they beat us. Messy?? Yupp!
wink.gif
Ehh... did Norway even have a hockey team in the olympics?? LMAO

Sorry, just being very tired....
biggrin.gif
smile.gif

Originally posted by Basstrap:
After sept.11 these were supposed to the olympics that brought all the nations together, instead it has produced more dissention and hatred than I care to think about.

has it?!

The word hate can have many levels of strenght. I think it?s important to point this out.

For example, the hatred between Sweden and Norway is on a more friendly level. The word hate doesn?t have the same meaning as the word hate in the discussion about Israel and Palestine.

So in short these Olympics doesn?t bring on hatred between countries, in a very deep meaning. We hate them for one hour...

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN
We move through miracle days Spirit moves in mysterious ways

Back
Top Bottom