Oh shit. I just bought a Radiohead ticket.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if for some reason none of the above post-ees can take it off your hands, i'd be glad to have it

zonelistener said:
Actually, Martha...I would be HONORED if you took me as your date!

In fact...I'll give you BOTH of my REM tickets to tomorrow night's show in St. Paul if you would like! :D
um, dude...I'll take those REM tickets. :angry:
how dare you wanna give them away! :shame:
martha...you can take me, my love! :love:
i haven't seen radiohead live yet...but i'm dying to...and i've heard thru the grapevine that they have a tremendous live show.:up:
:flirt:
you KNOW you wanna take me. :sexywink:
:lol:

I saw them about a month ago, and I was just blown away. It's like watching scientists working in a lab with brilliant results :sexywink:

mmmBono said:

um, dude...I'll take those REM tickets. :angry:
how dare you wanna give them away! :shame:

Hey hey hey.....

I don't WANT TO give em away...there is no way I can get to Minnesota and back in time for work tomorrow. :(

They are all yours if you want them MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMbono.

martha said:
This isn't gonna suck, is it?

You're kidding right? RIGHT?

No Martha, this experience will alter the way you think about music and live shows. Prepare to be blown away.

Which show? I'll be in LA on the 26th and SD on the 28th.

Salome said:
I bought a Radiohead ticket just so that there will be an empty seat

haha, take that
:|

though I love radiohead, this is the funniest and wittiest thing slomsley ever said!!:lol:

The sound at the Hollywood Bowl is p.h.e.n.o.m.e.n.a.l.

Anywhere you sit it sounds great!

:angry:

When I'm in NY, Radiohead is in CA. When I'm in CA, Radiohead is in NY.

Go and listen with my ears, martha!!!!!!

I did have to wonder how "oh shit" and "will it suck?" could relate to a live radiohead show? I know you are j/k.
I shall use my intuitive powers and suggest you will have a very very very good night, you will enjoy the sights and sounds and you will think that Thom Yorke sings beautifully.
You lucky duck........I had a ball just sitting outside the Manson concert on the weekend. I like being anywhere people gather. Some of those people put so much time and effort into their appearance, I was most impressed. There was this great posse of police waiting for the "evil-doers" to do something "evil". They were a tamer crowd than you get at a U2 concert:eyebrow: Marilyn was 40 minutes late going on because he split his trousers. What a modest boy!:lmao:
So I repeat...you lucky duck:drool:
have fun:wave:

Friday September 26, 2003 Hollywood Bowl, CA.

It hit me sometime during the end of Fake Plastic Trees. During the final breakdown, when Thom Yorke gently crooned ?If I could beeee. What you wanted. If I could beeee, what you wanted. All the tiiiime. All the tiiiime.? Here were Radiohead in the most jaded city in the world, playing to the most fickle fans around. And they had won over every single person in the 30,000 capacity Hollywood Bowl. Every voice singing along in unison with Thom. I looked around me. I saw people crying. Tears literally streaming down the rosy cheeks of the girl next to me. What we all witnessed was a flawless performance by, let?s face it folks: the best band in the world right now. No one can touch these guys. Everyone else is running to catch up with them at this point. Radiohead came to Los Angles; the dirtiest, darkest, most fucked up town in the world. And they played the most dirtiest, funkiest, darkest, most fucked up set possible. And it was sheer genius.

setlist:
01 2+2=5
02 sit down. stand up
03 where i end and you begin
04 kid a
05 backdrifts
06 morning bell
07 my iron lung
08 i might be wrong
09 creep
10 sail to the moon
11 nude (Acoustic/Partial Rendition)
12 paranoid android
13 a punchup at a wedding
14 go to sleep
15 the gloaming
16 idioteque
17 no surprises
18 there there

Encore #1:

19 you and whose army?
20 the national anthem
21 a wolf at the door
22 fake plastic trees

Encore #2:
23 airbag (Thom: ?this is for the chili peppers.?)
24 everything in its right place

I won?t go into detail for each song, but I will say that this was, hands down the best concert I?ve ever seen in my life.

The rest of the evening was, well surreal to say the least. We had a bungalow at the Chateau Marmont, where it turned out Radiohead?s after party was being held. We got in, and hung with a lot of crazy celebs: Justin Timberlake (sorry MVD. He?s such a wuss.) Cameron Diaz, Sean Lennon, Anthony Keidis, Bijou Phillips, Lucas Haas, Val Kilmer etc? But the highlight was?.
Meeting Thom Yorke. Yes folks, I got to meet my musical idol. I shook his hand, told him how amazing the show was, and thanked him and the band for making such beautiful music. Jonny waved at me and gave me the peace sign. That was so fucking cool.

Sunday September 28, 2003. Coor Ampitheater.

There was no way RH could top Friday night?s extravaganza, but they sure tried. And nearly did. An amazing set that included Just & Talkshow Host. I really don?t think it?s possible for these guys to play badly. The crowd went nuts during a little accapella ending of Karma Police. We sang so loud, Thom started jumping and waving. LOL.

setlist:
01 2+2=5
02 sit down. stand up
03 where i end and you begin
04 lucky
05 myxomatosis (thom- "this is a song about a manmade disease")
06 kid a (thom- "this is a song about lynching")
07 sail to the moon
08 talk show host
09 paranoid android
10 just
11 no surprises
12 go to sleep
13 scatterbrain (thom to person in the front "whos jenny? is that a death threat?")
14 you and whose army?
15 idioteque
16 the gloaming (Thom: ?this one?s for the children.?)
17 there there

Encore #1:
18 pyramid song
19 the national anthem
20 a punchup at a wedding (thom- 'whats the big deal? whats the big deal?)
21 how to disappear completely

Encore #2:
(thom- weve been in LA- did the hollywood thing, this is a song about that)
22 karma police (a capella -I lost myself, I lost myself)
23 everything in its right place

RADIOHEAD FOREVER!

HeadsOnSticks said:
Friday September 26, 2003 Hollywood Bowl, CA.

What we all witnessed was a flawless performance by, let?s face it folks: the best band in the world right now. .... And they played the most dirtiest, funkiest, darkest, most fucked up set possible. And it was sheer genius.

.... I will say that this was, hands down the best concert I?ve ever seen in my life.

So, then, I saw the most perfect performance? I got that damn lucky?!

I thought it was exceptionally good, even for them.

I'm so glad you got to meet him, Stickie!

Back
Top Bottom