Oh my...Star Wars the TV Show...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you had to pick one MINOR character to return, who would it be (Canadiens, we know your answer)?

I figure Jimmy Smits' new show Cane will have been cancelled long before this goes into production. Bail Organa could fit into this easily, as he's a pretty notable member of the Alliance.

Or do you think they will attempt to have ZERO familiar faces from the films?

I want to see more of that blue elephant guy from Return of the Jedi.

He was eaisly the most fascinating character from the entire OT.

I'd like to see Mon Mothma or someone from the original group of Rebels and see the start of the Rebellion. That's the main thing I wanted to see in the prequels that never made it, although they were cut scenes in Episode III.

What? No Droopy McCool love?

Movie_bg223.jpg

I want to see Sith history that even predates the prequels. I want to see Sideous's rise to power, and the murder of Plageus. Maybe even pre-Plageus stuff. That kind of thing.

Failing that, Shadows Of The Empire. Between ESB and ROTJ. Has to do with Bounty Hunter stuff. Dash Rendar chasing Boba Fett(who is working for Jabba) around and shit.

One of those two.

But please no post-ROTJ stuff. Like, Han and Leia have kids and stuff. Luke might have kids too...not sure about that. But I don't want to see that stuff. It would require recasting Han and Leia and Luke.

Han = Ford.

Leia = Fisher.

Luke = Hamill.

Period.

But yeah, I hope it's either old Sith history or Shadows Of The Empire.

When I think Star Wars, I think Bea Arthur.

Droids was also godawful, as were the two Ewok movies.

LemonMacPhisto said:
It's going to bridge Episodes III and IV.

Is it going to be Sideous and Vader kicking ass around the galaxy then? I'm hoping for more Boba Fett too, so long as they don't make him crap.

I suppose some Han Solo - Jabba the Hutt back story could also be fleshed out, but as namkcuR quite rightly stated, there's only one Han Solo and he's not as young as he used to be.

They're going to have to come up with loads of new characters though, maybe tie them in to very minor background characters from the OT. Filling in back story for the main characters would just get boring with nothing else going on.

ShipOfFools said:
Bad idea, and a definite way to ruin a legend. Do we really need this?

If you think this show is going to "ruin a legend", you have to have to acknowledge they've already done that a long time ago.

If it has been ruined, it was with Return of the Jedi.

At least the prequels attempted to give SW the scope and character arcs the mythology promised.

Also, this show will only tarnish the legend for you if you watch it. If you don't feel that the stories of minor characters in this universe is something interesting, then don't bother.

Back
Top Bottom