Oh My God Witness!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coolhandlaura

Acrobat
I went on Sunday!!oh my god i ha the best craic, the best time ever!it really was brilliant!!

apart from the beer and the craic, i went to see Mundy and Oasis> i know most of yall probably never heard of Mundy, but hes brilliant! i have both his albums but ive never seen him live, and i was a bit nervous in case it was a complete letdown! but NO it was class. he was in the Rising Tent cuz most people dont know him, which was cool, cuz its small, and we were right up the fronT!

and as for oasis.....fuckin WOW! we queued for 2 1/2 hours to get a good spot, and we got in the first row behind the pit!! they were fuckin amazin, and the whole crowd around us were really cool, really nice! and then when they went off, they played Wonderwall on the speaker and everyone just stood there and had a big singalong with all our arms round each other! im talkin bout like a big section of the crowd, people who didnt know each other, just with their arms round each other!!
and then.........anyone who went will know this......goooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnna sing, at the Witnness thing!!!

and yeah i did have my blow up couch, and i Did nearly miss the last bus home!!!

so anyone who was there, WRITE HERE!! and anyone who wasnt, WRITE HERE ANYWAY!!!!!!

as you can see, im still on a high!!:yes: :yes:

:love: :heart: OASIS:heart: :love:

LAURA!!!!!!!

OH

MY

GOD!

I saw Oasis aboot 2 weeks ago ooooh baby HOW good are they??????????

Who else played?!?!?!?

eeeeeeee! Im glad you had a good time!!!!!!!!! :D :yes: :D :yes:

ccolhandlaura said:

and as for oasis.....fuckin WOW! we queued for 2 1/2 hours to get a good spot, and we got in the first row behind the pit!! they were fuckin amazin, and the whole crowd around us were really cool, really nice! and then when they went off, they played Wonderwall on the speaker and everyone just stood there and had a big singalong with all our arms round each other! im talkin bout like a big section of the crowd, people who didnt know each other, just with their arms round each other!!

OMG OH BABY

*SLANE FUZZIES*

WAIT NO EVERY CONCERT I HAVE EVER BEEN TO (EXCEPT MUSE IN DUBLIN CUS I GOT ON THE GUESTLIST AND WAS UP AT THE FRONT AND THERE WAS HARDLY ANYONE THERE ALL THE OTHER NON-IMPORTANT PEEPS HAD TO STAY BACK MWHAHAHA) FUZZIES!!!

I :heart: my concerts!!!

I wish I could have went

aaaaaaw

:D

:yes:

:d

Laura Laura did you see my new sig--- did ya did ya did ya??!?!?!? :D

Witness sounded so good -- I wish we had festivals like that here!!!

I love Mundy, by the way. :)

Glad you had a good time! :D

lara i am LOOOOOVIN that sig!!
miss-"happiness is wearin a green shirt " tho!!

yeah it was amazing, they played all the songs i wanted them to play -ACQUIESCE!!-except Slide Away and Supersonic, and oh god, i was so close, to see them in "real life" was amazing. fuckin great. atmosphere was better to me than at u2 in slane, believe it or not! was amazing. im even more in love with Noel than i was before!

and i had my Boys In Green flag with me, and when i put it up, everyone started singin COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN, COME ON YOU Boys...........great.

MEEGANNIE YOU LIKE MUNDY???? wow!thast so cool!!whats your favourite song?? mine would either be Gin and Tonic Sky or To you I Bestow!! have you seen him live??pretty damn cool! aw the cowboy hat!! and......the guitarist is FIIIIIIIINE!!

ccolhandlaura said:
lara i am LOOOOOVIN that sig!!
miss-"happiness is wearin a green shirt " tho!!

yeah it was amazing, they played all the songs i wanted them to play -ACQUIESCE!!-except Slide Away and Supersonic, and oh god, i was so close, to see them in "real life" was amazing. fuckin great. atmosphere was better to me than at u2 in slane, believe it or not! was amazing. im even more in love with Noel than i was before!

and i had my Boys In Green flag with me, and when i put it up, everyone started singin COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN, COME ON YOU Boys...........great.

MEEGANNIE YOU LIKE MUNDY???? wow!thast so cool!!whats your favourite song?? mine would either be Gin and Tonic Sky or To you I Bestow!! have you seen him live??pretty damn cool! aw the cowboy hat!! and......the guitarist is FIIIIIIIINE!!

OMG SLANE 2 had *THEEE* best atmos ever- i nearly FAINTED with excitement and nearly punched a woman in the face or more i enarly got me face punched :huh:

DID THEY PLAY SHES ELECTRIC????? I WAS ALL EXCITED THEN! *sheeeeees electric........family full of.......doooddooooo*

Laura- dont worry bout losing my bono-vox no. of posts- i was ashamed of being so addicted & look at the post count for this name already :eek:

Ah and i am laura lol-laras a pet name ting :) (i like being called lara than laura my who real name is boring & EVERYONE has my surname)

ah and my last sig robbie was a red x- aaaaw ill put happiness is a green shirt in this sig.

Gonna Pm you now! Ok i cant remember what i was going to ask you uh itll come back to me lol

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEES ELECTRIC>>>SHES IN A FAMILY FUUUUUUULLLL OF ECCENTRICS>>>>>SHES DONE THINGS IVE NEVER EXPECTED>>>AND I NNNEEEEEEEEED MOOOOOOOORE TIIIIIIIME!!

and oh my god...*nearly cryin*....MORNIN GLORY!!!!!!! they played it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oh my god!

Witnness did indeed feckin ROCK! Me and 6 mates camped out in the mud and scorching sun, great craic altogether! To be honest Saturday wasn't great up til 9pm. The dance and upstages were closed til 6pm cos of flooding!!! And the only act we really saw was Cornelius. Caught some of the Hives but they were kinda sucky. Beta Band were cool though! Then.....CHEMICAL BROTHERS!!!! Highlight of the festivel, they were awesome, crowd were bouncing for the 90 minutes, complete bliss and madness, funky fuckers! Then ran to main for Prodigy, again, WONDERFUCKINFULL! Wow! Just beaten by Chemicals for the buzz and performance, just! They were awesome. Maxim was in top form, really interacting, Keith was walking along the barriers up front, gas shit!

Sunday...spent most of it smack bang up front of main. You mighta seen us Laura, there was a group of ten of us going mad with water, me 6'6'' head bobbing up and down, hehe. Starsailor were very good, took a fair few pot shots at Oasis. Then No Doubt, holy shit, they rocked!!! Don't even like them but they were so class! Said it was one of the best gigs they ever did,and I can see why! She climbed the scaffolding during "I'm Just A Girl"! 60 feet up hanging with one hand, she's a real show stopper! Went to Damien Rice then, he was great, played a class version of Creep. Then, back to the front!:D Watched Primal Scream from the queue for the pit for Oasis, then the big one. Well, we were smack bang up the front, 3 back, in front of Noel. The crowd were amazing, but I gotta say Oasis were a fair bit disappointing to me. I sang my lungs out, Live Forever and The Who cover "My Generation" were awesome, but it wasn't as special as I thought it'd be. Many I spoke to-all my mates included-thought Oasis' performance on the night was shite! Wouldn't go that far but it wasn't anything special. No real interaction with the crowd. Kinda miffed we didn't go to Basement Jaxx, heard that was unbelievable. But all in all a superb weekend, can't wait til the highlights package on Friday! And can't wait til next year!!!!:D

Sunburnt and sore but still loving it!

*bump*

Lazyboy i didint read what you said about witness but omg i saw it last night on RTE.......i wish i had ?? to go.....im sooo going next year and laura you come with me :D

I :heart: The REvs- nobody mentioned them here though :sad:

Oh oh oh oh........Ian Brown WHAT is he loike???

I saw the Oasis performance *maaaybeeeeeeeeeee i dont really wanna know how your flowers groooow* I did think they were good but coulda been better to when i saw them in the Odyssey- i didnt like their new stuff but the old stuff and the atmos was :drool: GREAT!!!!!

Anyone else see it last night???

Back
Top Bottom