Oh man........stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing & the police

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono-vox

Rock n' Roll Doggie
maze of your imagination, where the streets have n
Excellent excellent..... loving them at the moment thumbs up
smile.gif

The Police totally rock!!!!

------------------
Q: What did U2 use for power instead of electricity to create their albums?

A: Up until Rattle & Hum, all of the U2 albums were recorded by harnessing the power of fermenting potatoes to symbolize um, the plight of Ireland.

Sifl: No way.

Olly: I know.

-The Sifl & Olly Show

wait. i lied. i have all of the police's and sting's cds and i like everything.

except mother. that's not a good song.
and i'm sick of desert rose. but everything else rawks tha hiz-ous!

hi b-v, have you got "the very best of Sting and The Police" video? 17 tracks.I can't see myself watching it again. you are welcome to it. Are you the b-v from NI? I'll swap you it for a Bono stamp
biggrin.gif

PS: my hub's new band play "can't stand losing you" It went over well, most of the people were singing along
smile.gif
They have dropped BD for now. Guitarist finding it too hard to sing and play + a certain audience member had very high expectations on that one.

Sting is, on balance, my favourite musical artist/group. I have to say I like him more than U2 for the simple reason that I like every song he has ever done, which I can't say about U2.

Best Sting solo album: The Soul Cages. I don't care if you think you hate Sting, you must hear this album. Listen to it start to finish, undisturbed. Do this more than once. Read the lyrics as you listen. It is simply a masterpiece. I also love all his other solo albums. Mercury Falling is probably my least favourite--love it too.

As for the Police, they are one of my absolute favourite bands, but I seem to prefer Sting solo. I have the Police box set but I am not as familiar with the Police's work as with Sting's. Favourite Police album is Ghost in the Machine. Simply awesome. Synchronicity is great, but uneven and I've just heard a lot of the songs on it too many times. I might also like Regatta de Blanc better than Synchronicity, but I'm not sure about. Message in a Bottle just might be the Police's best song ever, and Walking on the Moon is amazing, a great song with a lot of space in it.

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

"Ghost Story" from Brand New Day used to make me cry every time I heard it...

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Originally posted by cass:
hi b-v, have you got "the very best of Sting and The Police" video? 17 tracks.I can't see myself watching it again. you are welcome to it. Are you the b-v from NI? I'll swap you it for a Bono stamp
biggrin.gif

PS: my hub's new band play "can't stand losing you" It went over well, most of the people were singing along
smile.gif
They have dropped BD for now. Guitarist finding it too hard to sing and play + a certain audience member had very high expectations on that one.

oh yeh if the bono stamps come out ill post it somewhere for u if u want, you dont even have to send me ur video (im not allowed to give out my home address on the net)
smile.gif

"Synchronicity" was my first record! I love the Police. and love love Sting.

Favorite Sting album is toss up between "Nothing like the Sun" and "Soul Cages".

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

I love Sting and the Police too! I especially like Sting's earlier solo work, I dont have all his solo albums, mostly the newer ones obscurely, not so sure about Brand New Day really, it has some good songs I guess. I really love Fields of Gold - the best of though, really great songs throughout.
Sting is also especially good live, I havent seen him, but I have the "All this Time" dvd and he was great at the brits too.
Fave songs: Police - So Lonely, Every Breath you take, Message in a bottle (the usuals I guess!)
Solo - Fields of Gold, If I ever lose my faith in you, Seven Days (all good though!)

------------------
?*~darkcloud~*?

hi b-v, I can understand that. It's good you respect your parents wishes. Bit of a shame though, you'd like the video, I'm sure.
I'm always rattlin' on about visiting Ireland one day, if ever I do, I'll throw the vid in the suitcase and meet you, I dunno...yes i do!! in front of Tara's brooch.

PS: don't hold your breath waiting. I'm good at dreaming. One day.

If ever you get a chance to see Michael Parkinson interviewing Billy Connolly and Sting, try and catch it. It's brilliant imho. We all seek affirmation and approval, even someone as talented and rich as Sting.

The moon's a fingernail
And slowly sinking
Another day begins
And now I'm thinking
That this indifference
Was my invention
When everything I did
Sought your attention
You were my compass star
You were my measure
You were my pirate's map
Of buried treasure
If this was all correct
The last things I'd expect...
"The prosecution rests"
It's time that I confess
I must have loved you...

--"Ghost Story"

Now don't you think Bono would sound just divine singing that one?

------------------
If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya. --Bono

You've got to cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice... --Bono

Sting & Police: yeah, they rule
smile.gif

Sting solo: Russians, Fragile, Englishman in New York very good, rest boring. (sorry, but I think so
wink.gif

------------------
Take the money and run

well best laid plans of mice and men...hub tells me that videos from Oz won't work in Europe or USA. How inconvenient. I watched it yesterday b-v..very enjoyable, some great visuals to accompany some great songs.
"..we share the same biology, regardless of ideology..." and video systems
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom