Oh jeez...Report: Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt expecting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Found these on the NY Post site and thought they were cute

At 13

020.jpg

021.jpg

Brad Pitt's better half is putting an end to her big-screen maternity leave, taking on her first project since the May birth of daughter Shiloh: lending her voice to the DreamWorks animated flick Kung Fu Panda.

The Oscar-winning actress has signed on to play Tigress, a martial-arts mastering--you guessed it--tigress, who is among the animals called on to train a "chosen" yet nearly irredeemably lazy panda to defend their ancient Chinese city against encroaching enemies.

The kid-friendly 'toon reunites computer-animated costars Jolie and Jack Black, who gives voice to the titular kung fu-loving panda. The duo previously costarred together in DreamWorks' 2004 hit Shark Tale.

And the studio is hopeful that history will repeat itself: Shark Tale has grossed $363.5 million worldwide, per BoxOfficeMojo.com.

Jackie Chan, Lucy Liu, Dustin Hoffman and Ian McShane also star in the movie, due out in May 2008.

But Jolie won't have to wait that long to be seen on the big screen.

Prior to her springtime Namibian getaway, she completed filming the Robert De Niro-helmed CIA drama The Good Shepherd opposite Matt Damon, due out this December.

Last edited:
HANOI, Vietnam (AP) -- Angelina Jolie has filed papers to adopt a Vietnamese child, the country's top adoption official said Friday.

A U.S. adoption agency representing the 31-year-old actress filed the papers at Vietnam's International Adoption Agency, said Vu Duc Long, the agency's director.

"She just filed the papers this week," Long said.

Jolie and her partner, Brad Pitt, have three children: 5-year-old son Maddox, adopted from Cambodia; 2-year-old daughter Zahara, adopted from Ethiopia; and another daughter, Shiloh, who was born to the couple in May.

Long would not name the U.S. adoption agency working with Jolie, who applied to adopt as a single parent.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I wonder why she applied to adopt as a single parent :eyebrow:

She didn't. I saw it on the news that the Vietanamese government does not allow unmarried couples to adopt. I guess one unmarried person alone is okay? :huh:

You know, I'm going to get my butt bashed off for this, but what the heck. I don't think this new adoption is a good thing :reject: Shiloh is still so small, and the other 2 are still getting used to America, each other, Brad and the new baby. Now she's going for another one? Now? I'm sorry but she seems like an out of control collector!

Like some people collect all different breeds of dogs, or colors of cats, or are compulsive shoppers with a closet full of stuff they'll never use, she seems to be 'collecting' kids. What's next? A rainforest baby? A Romanian orphan? An Aborigine? Sorry, but she's gotten too many too soon and too close together and it's a disservice to them all! If she were running an orphanage or child care center or a rescue organization I'd think it was great, but as a family, even with all that money, it's not really workable. Anyone with kids will know the details of everyday life and travel with kids, can you imagine how unfun it's going to be to have to deal with the clothes, the toys, the fights, and sniffles, the diapers and the logisitics of moving them around from place to place? It can be more aggravation than fun. With a menagerie of kids who are from different places and backgrounds and don't even know each other, it must be harder. Like running a daycare, but you can't send them home! I'm also sorry for Brad Pitt, who will inevitably get stuck paying enormous amounts of child support to a bunch of kids who aren't even his once they inevitably break up.

What's going to happen if and when, and it's likely as messed up in the head as she has a history of being, she loses interest in obsessive kid collecting and doesn't want to deal with them anymore? Will they be left to nannies? Will she neglect some and favor others? It seems like a disaster in the making, and she's messing with lives, not handbags.

Last edited:
Well, I don't know that it's true necessarily. Maddox is turning 6 in a couple of months and she's had him since he was about a year old. How is he still adjusting to America? She adopted Zahara when the baby was 5 months old, she's now 2 and a half. How is she still adjusting? These kids have no memory of any other life than the one they've had.

I don't know if it's the best thing to adopt all these kids in a short time, but I don't know that it's bad either. I have an aunt who had 4 kids in 5 and a half years because she didn't want to be pregnant for a decade. They were all well adjusted and grew up fine together. Had loads of fun too. I went to high school with a guy named Quintus, he was the 5th of 9 kids, and they seemed fine as well.

And as for this:

who will inevitably get stuck paying enormous amounts of child support to a bunch of kids who aren't even his once they inevitably break up.

That's just offensive to me, because I have adopted family members and THEY.ARE.YOUR. KIDS. He adopted them. They are his. Period. When are we going to get over this?

That's just offensive to me, because I have adopted family members and THEY.ARE.YOUR. KIDS. He adopted them. They are his. Period. When are we going to get over this?

It's one thing if a couple has been married for 10 years and has a 9 year old they adopted together. But the way Hollywood romances go, and the way Angelina is adopting willy nilly like a Valley girl on a shopping spree, it's only a matter of time before it all caves in. I hate to see him stuck paying when we really don't know if he's as gung ho as she is. It's all happening so fast I have to question the long term responsibility.

And I personally know guys who got 'stuck'. that's why I see it that way. These guys married girls who had kids by other deadbeats who didn't pay, talked them into 'adopting' the kid, then ditched the guy in a couple years for somebody they liked better, but because he'd signed the adoption papers, he was stuck paying out the ass for a kid he didn't father and never really knew that well and didn't get a chance to be around. And he was in the military so he had to do it. Now he never even sees the kid and it doesn't remember him, but he's lost several hundred bucks a month until it turns 18.

I think it's great she's adopting again. Yeah, they already have three kids, but I know a family that has 15 kids and adopted 11 of them, one right after the other, plus the father is a doctor who delivers babies. Another family we know has I think 9 kids now, some their own, some adopted from foreign countries, and some adopted domestically. My parents both had 4-6 siblings, and we've never considered their families as being that large. Some people just like kids :shrug: Obviously Brangolina can afford as many kids as they please, so where's the harm?

I think it's wonderful that Angelina is adopting these kids. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I believe her and Brad will be together for quite some time. Maybe that's naive. Oh well. She seems to have grown up a bit though. Give them a bit of credit!

I agree, Jules. Angelina has definitely matured in the last several years. She seems to be a smart, level-headed woman, and who are we to judge how many children she wants to adopt, and how fast they're doing it? I personally think it's great that they're adding to their family this way.

U2Kitten said:
And I personally know guys who got 'stuck'. that's why I see it that way.
i do understand where you're coming from and believe me, the situation you described is very shady (i mean as in that a woman would make a man adopt her kids because their biological fathers didn't pay child support). however, this situation is completely different so i don't see where it makes sense to compare the two.

U2Kitten said:

It's one thing if a couple has been married for 10 years and has a 9 year old they adopted together. But the way Hollywood romances go, and the way Angelina is adopting willy nilly like a Valley girl on a shopping spree, it's only a matter of time before it all caves in. I hate to see him stuck paying when we really don't know if he's as gung ho as she is.

You've obviously never adopted. Ask anyone who has and they will tell you from day 1, that is your child. It's the same. Period.

And if he's not as "gung ho" then it's his fault for agreeing to adopt the children, not hers. And furthermore, not like she's going to bankrupt him for heaven's sake. She's not exactly hurting for cash and gold digging her way to Brad Pitt. The woman pulls in enormous amounts - wasn't her St. John's deal worth something like $12 million/year? And that's just one, nevermind the movies and so on.

anitram said:

You've obviously never adopted. Ask anyone who has and they will tell you from day 1, that is your child. It's the same. Period.

Well, I asked the guy I told you about, and he felt stuck, used, and very sorry he had committed to somebody else's kid. I know ever situation is different but you have to consider that side too. I'm not talking about happy couples taking in a baby they both want. His story was something else, and I wonder if Brad won't feel he was taken in at the heat of a moment too. But like you said, it's his own fault. I am NOT putting down adoption! For Heaven's sakes, everyone knows how anti-abortion I am, I think it's great, but there are also some extreme cases and weird situations, and I think wacky Angelina is one of them.

I still think she's getting too many too fast, she's a collector on a 'kick' and overly fanatical and it won't be a good thing for anyone in the long run. I don't think she's all that sane or stable. Madonna is another story, she adopted ONE after she was out of child bearing years. As I said before, I knew I was going to get bashed, and I knew by who. I don't care, I still think I'm right. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. We'll see what happens as time goes on. In the meantime there's no need to argue.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

very sorry he had committed to somebody else's kid.

Well, there you have it. He committed to someone else's kid, by his own choice.

I know many singles who have adopted children. Not all programs or countries require a partner or a spouse. I don't understand why anyone would commit to a child he or she doesn't actually want.

I guess I don't understand how you could defend this behavior when you're outspoken on your views regarding the abandonment of animals (and rightly so). It's not OK to neglect or turn your back on an animal, but with a child it's excusable?

Well, I certainly understand what U2Kitten is saying, as I have an uncle whose second wife became a completely different person as soon as her kids were officially his, and he was then stuck paying child support for the next ten years after their divorce.

But I don't think it's fair to judge people who are adopting just because you know a handful of people who'd had gotten the rotten end of the stick in a divorce/child support story.

As for Angelina "collecting" kids ... I don't really have an opinion on that. Mia Farrow adopted a lot of children as well - did people have the same opinion of her back in the day?

I can understand that these stories exist.

But here we are dealing with people who are extremely wealthy and both of whom are on just about the same financial level. So I just don't see what the fear of being "stuck" with child support payments is based on given that Brad is worth around $100 million and she can hardly be seen as a gold digger herself. We are not talking about some woman who is out there looking for a man to provide for her because she's incapable of doing so herself.

The 'stuck' guy was only a secondary issue here. The main thing that gives me the geebies is that she seems to be collecting kids like she'd collect shoes, one of each style, and I don't think she's going to stop. I know she's rich, but there is more to taking care of a kid for life than money. I do not think she is a stable or sane person, and this is a factor and why I would worry more about her doing it than someone else. Other stars adopt one, but she just doesn't stop, and I can't help but think in her case it may be a phase she's going through and she will lose interest later and I wonder what will happen to the whole bunch. It's a huge responsibility and I don't trust her with it. I think she's a freak and she's jumping the gun and playing with lives because she may not be as devoted to them later as she is now. Just like somebody taking in too many pets and losing interest.

And yes, I do worry about it like I worry about animals. I also worry when I see somebody going on a 'kick' of adopting a bunch of animals, then in a couple of years they've changed their mind and want to go do something else and ditch them. I have even heard of people un-adopting, kids, literally turning them back over to the orphanage. (though nobody puts a kid to sleep, but don't even get me started on that.)

Again that's MY feelings on this, I'm not going to argue.

Last edited:
So, it's OK for "normal" people to have/adopt a dozen kids, but when a "star" does it, we should assume they have some dark ulterior motive?

:eyebrow:

Liesje said:
So, it's OK for "normal" people to have/adopt a dozen kids, but when a "star" does it, we should assume they have some dark ulterior motive?

:eyebrow:

You missed the point. It's not a dark ulterior motive, it's that she is a weird, crazy and unstable person- her own father said so on national TV. I don't think she has any bad intentions but I think in time something bad may come of it because right now she's on collecting kick and later on she may not still be interested in the kids, but they'll still be there. And even if you just get somebody to take care of them, what about their emotional and mental well being? You, as always, completely twist everything I say. I don't think Mia Farrow was a nutty weirdo. I see lots of people adopting a lot of special needs kids and I don't think that. I see other stars adopting kids and I don't think that. But I think she is a freak and that's why it bothers me.

U2Kitten said:
You missed the point. It's not a dark ulterior motive, it's that she is a weird, crazy and unstable person- her own father said so on national TV. I don't think she has any bad intentions but I think in time something bad may come of it because right now she's on collecting kick and later on she may not still be interested in the kids, but they'll still be there.

Adoption agencies have very strict screening processes. It's not like going to the pound and picking up a puppy. They don't let just anyone get a baby, regardless of celeb status or money. Many people think that Madonna got her baby just because she was Madonna. Well, only THREE babies were allowed to be adopted outside of Malawi that year. She went through hell to get that baby, but like many many couples who get in over their head, you can't just turn your back and say "oh nevermind, it's not worth it anymore."

As for Angelina's father, he's not exactly what I'd consider the most upstanding character whose opinions should be given more credibility.

I still don't get why for her you assume she is "collecting kids" that she will turn on later on, but many regular couples have adopted FAR more children than this in a much smaller time span, but we should assume they are more normal and stable because they don't have wacko fathers saying shit about them on national TV?

Personally, I think adopting children is one of the most altruistic things people can do. Unless we know the adopters personally, I think it's pretty tasteless to question their mental stability and abilities as parents.

Well you know Lies how in the world can I ever argue with your perfect, self righteous, holier than thou speeches, you know it all! I disagree, but what good does it do to say it. Only time will tell what happens, but I cannot help feeling the way I do about the Angelina kid collection.

U2Kitten said:
Well you know Lies how in the world can I ever argue with your perfect, self righteous, holier than thou speeches, you know it all!

WTF?

I don't know why you seem to have this persecution complex. She wasn't being even remotely rude to you.

Back
Top Bottom