Oh jeez...Report: Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt expecting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fly so high! said:
^ Jennifer is in Sydney right now promoting her new flick "The Break-up" She does not seem to worried about it now, i think she doing just fine:yes:

... and I got to (briefly) meet her on Monday. She seems really genuinely lovely and is a lot more gorgeous than the camera gives her credit for. She is not all chin and jaw, is not rake skinny, and actually does not look nearly as old as she does in photos/films. Her face is all cute chubby cheeks, she looks healthily fit (as opposed to starved skinny), and the eyes and smile are absolute killers. I was just going to do the quick "Hi, nice to meet you, film was great" (the last bit is a lie), and politely move on, but it was her that spun it out into a couple of minutes of conversation even with two dozen people in the room clearly angling themselves around her to do the same thing. Anyway, two thumbs up for really coming across as someone who probably is genuinely very 'real'/nice/sweet.

angelina_jolie.jpg

On that cover you can't tell so much, but another photo was on the front page of the NY Daily News where the baby looks just like Mommy. :)

WildHoneyAlways said:
Okay, I guess the first picture that was posted in this thread (it's been replaced now with the Hello! cover) was a fake?

The Hello cover picture was always real. They just chose to run a different picture on their cover. There's a quite a few shots inside these mags. Those two i posted on this page were just my favorites.

There was a different picture up yesterday. It was of a baby with its eyes open. The baby was lovely but I thought it looked too old to be Brad and Angelina's.

Last edited:
WildHoneyAlways said:
There was a different picture up yesterday. It was of a baby with its eyes open. The baby was lovely but I thought it looked too old to be Brad and Angelina's.

Hmmm... I must have missed that one.

Her lips are priceless!! What an angel...hope she doesn't end up kissing MAddox (shudder)

From AFP:

The paparazzi jostled for position in Malibu, California, apparently ready to do nearly anything for the first unauthorized photos of Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie and newborn Shiloh.

"One time I chased Brad Pitt who was riding a motorcycle all the way from here to Los Angeles, mostly on the wrong side of the road," one shooter bragged.

"But I don't drive too crazy, I just like to be at the front of the pack," he said on condition of anonymity, as did the rest.

These men -- all are men -- are brothers in their profession but cut-throat competitors come the moment for the big-money shot that might pay the mortgage for a year.

And there is a pecking order.

"See you got the sharks like me, then you've got the little fish, then you've got the algae like that guy over there," one man waved a bandaged hand toward a silver sport utility vehicle on the other side of the Pacific Coast Highway.

The bandage resulted from an "altercation" with another photographer.

"You will probably see a guy show up soon missing a couple of teeth," he said.

These people are completely out of their mind. :ohmy:

:crack:

The paparazzi are pretty ruthless and nuts. One of these days someone is going to get killed.

Did you ever see the footage of Rebecca Romjin getting heckled by a paparazzo after her and John Stamos broke up? What a jerk he was.

people.com

A celebrity photographer was arrested Thursday after he was found hiding in the bushes outside a daycare center attended by Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's son, Maddox.

Clint Brewer, 25, was trying to take pictures of the 4-year-old, Pitt's publicist, Cindy Guagenti, tells the Associated Press.

It was not clear whether Maddox or either of his parents were present at the time.

The owner of the Malibu property that houses the daycare center made a citizen's arrest, according to Lt. Crystal Miranda of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Brewer was then detained by a security guard for Pitt and Jolie at about 10:30 a.m. before being arrested on suspicion of trespassing and jailed briefly by L.A. County Sheriff's deputies, Reuters reports. He was released on $1,000 bail.

According to a sheriff's spokesperson, he will be ordered to appear in court to face the trespassing charge, a misdemeanor that carries a maximum penalty of a year in county jail.

MrsSpringsteen said:
people.com

A celebrity photographer was arrested Thursday after he was found hiding in the bushes outside a daycare center attended by Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's son, Maddox.

Clint Brewer, 25, was trying to take pictures of the 4-year-old, Pitt's publicist, Cindy Guagenti, tells the Associated Press.

It was not clear whether Maddox or either of his parents were present at the time.

The owner of the Malibu property that houses the daycare center made a citizen's arrest, according to Lt. Crystal Miranda of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.

Brewer was then detained by a security guard for Pitt and Jolie at about 10:30 a.m. before being arrested on suspicion of trespassing and jailed briefly by L.A. County Sheriff's deputies, Reuters reports. He was released on $1,000 bail.

According to a sheriff's spokesperson, he will be ordered to appear in court to face the trespassing charge, a misdemeanor that carries a maximum penalty of a year in county jail.

These guys don't know when to stop, do they?

Yes, the behaviour of the paparazzi is pathetic but the public is just as pathetic for supporting the trashy tabloid magazines and journalism which pay these people.

People, US and the other gossip rags would have probably paid this guy a few grand for that picture yet here they are chastizing his behaviour. They are his pimps.

Everytime you purchase one of these magazines you support the tactics of the paparazzi. If no one wanted to see the pictures, there would be no money to made and they would photograph something else other than celebs and their families.

From the new Newsweek

15 People Who Make America Great
With this issue, we launch our "Giving Back Awards" in recognition of people who, through bravery or generosity, genius or passion, devote themselves to helping others. From hundreds of nominations, these folks were chosen for imaginative approaches to difficult problems. We hope they remind you of someone—maybe yourself.

THE CELEBRITY
Brad Pitt
Los Angeles

He lured the paparazzi to Africa, where people really needed the attention.

If it wasn't for Brad Pitt, most Americans would never have heard of Namibia. They might not know about AIDS orphans in South Africa, or the plight of children in Haiti, or what transpired at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland. Pitt, 42, has been a movie star for 15 years—and a paparazzi target for nearly as long. Celebrity mags have made millions reporting on his love life, and the obsession only intensified when he began romancing Angelina Jolie. So he started fighting back—but not by punching photographers. If paparazzi were going to follow the couple everywhere, Pitt figured they might as well drag them somewhere that desperately needed the world's attention. "It's the first time I've actually felt like we have some degree of control over it," says Pitt, from his home in Malibu. "I can't describe what an immense relief it is for me." The splashiest example of his new strategy unfolded just last month. He and Jolie, who, perhaps you've heard, recently gave birth to their daughter Shiloh Nouvel in Namibia, sold the coveted first baby photos to People magazine for a reported $4 million—and gave all the money to African charities. "Knowing that someone was going to hound us for that first photo—and was going to profit immensely for doing it—I just couldn't live with it," Pitt says. "We were able to turn that around and collect millions for people who are really going to need it."

If Pitt was simply using his star power to force the celebrity press to cover poverty and disease, that would be enough—heck, it's far more than most celebrities do. But Pitt has also been studying trade issues, diving into why much of Africa is so impoverished and how it can be turned

around. "Industrialized nations cost Africa three times what we give it in aid," he says. "We buy their coffee beans, but we don't let them process the beans, which is where the real money is. So what we're doing is digging a hole for them that they can't get out of, and then throwing a little money in the hole. The odds are just stacked against them."

Fatherhood, he says, helped accelerate his activism. Not long before Shiloh was born, Pitt adopted Jolie's son, Maddox, whom she originally adopted from Cambodia, and her daughter Zahara, whom she adopted last summer from Ethiopia. "I look at [Zahara] and imagine what her life could have been," he says. "You want to grab as many of these kids in your arms as you can. They need our help, and we should be doing more."

He's doing more in America, too. A longtime student of architecture and an advocate of "green" design, Pitt saw an opportunity after Hurricane Katrina to help rebuild New Orleans in an innovative way. Joining forces with Global Green USA, an environmental advocacy group, Pitt put up $100,000 to help sponsor an architecture competition that requires contestants to create affordable, multifamily housing for the city that is ecofriendly and community focused. Global Green has already received more than 3,000 submissions. "We can't just consume ourselves into extinction," he says. "We have to find a new paradigm, a new way of thinking. Of course, the ultimate goal is to get the designs built. It's a bit of a quagmire down there now, so I see myself getting even more involved in the future."

First, he has to be free to leave the house. Since returning from Africa, the Jolie-Pitt clan has been swarmed by paparazzi. "They're outside the house right now, at least 40 of them," Pitt says, as a baby's cry fills the background. "There are two boats out in the water, and there's an occasional chopper that goes by." Indeed, the sound of a helicopter propeller is so loud at times during NEWSWEEK's interview that Pitt can't hear the questions. "It's madness," he says. But he doesn't sound annoyed. Far from it: he sounds like any other blissed-out new dad. "Do you have kids? It's absolutely sublime." You can virtually hear him smile over the phone. "Whether you have them or adopt them, they're all blood. And the funniest people I've ever met." Pretty soon, it'll be their generation's world. "I've had the luxury of being able to see these issues firsthand," he says. "If I don't share that, I'm complicit in the problem." Instead, he's making sure he's part of the solution.

Alleged Jolie-Pitt Photo Thief Nabbed

Some celebrity couples make a big fuss about their sex tapes falling into the wrong hands. For Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, it's their baby shower photos.

Police and the FBI raided a home in Westfield, Massachusetts, Tuesday night and seized photos of the couple's Namibian baby shower that had been stolen from a digital memory card, TMZ.com reports.

Officials searched the home of camera shop employee Bill Keyes, who along with his coworker, Adam Beckwith, allegedly discovered the images on a camera belonging to Jolie's brother, James Haven.

Haven had visited his sister and her family in Namibia, where he apparently took hundreds of pictures, but upon his return, discovered that his camera was broken. He returned it to Best Buy, where it was under warranty, and the chain store outsourced it to Precision Camera and Video Repair in Enfield, Connecticut, to be fixed.

Enter Precision Camera employees Keyes and Beckwith, who happened upon the shots on Haven's memory card and allegedly downloaded them for their own purposes.

Word of the stolen photos broke last week after several shots purportedly showing Jolie and Pitt at a pre-Shiloh celebration were leaked onto the Internet, prompting a flurry of threatening letters to various media outlets from the couple's legal team.

The images were sent out to a number of celebrity publications on June 22 by an individual using the email address "lowrdr27@comcast.net"--presumably either Keyes or Beckwith.

"Dear Sir or Madam," the email, which is available on TMZ.com, begins.

"I am contacting you because I have recently acquired some digital photos (450 pictures). On this memory stick are personal photos of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt and their children. These photos are in thier [sic] home and on vacation, are good quality and are close up. I am contacting you...to see what these photos may be worth."

A Westfield Police Department spokesperson confirmed to TMZ.com that Keyes' home was searched and that his computer was seized. Police also obtained a search warrant for Precision Camera and Video Repair and reportedly seized Haven's camera.

Because neither Keyes nor Beckwith broke any Massachusetts laws, neither one was arrested. The case was turned over to the Los Angeles District Attorney's office, and the investigation was ongoing.

It's not the only photo flap for Jolie-Pitt clan in recent days. On Thursday, a man was arrested in Dubai for trying to use a fake ID with Pitt's picture on it in an attempted embezzlement scam. (The man said he had no idea whose picture was on the ID--he had simply downloaded it from the Internet.)

Last week, a paparazzo was arrested for trespassing after he allegedly hid in the bushes outside Maddox Jolie-Pitt's Malibu daycare center in an attempt to snap a shot of the four-year-old.

Apparently, being incredibly photogenic can have its downsides.

wtf?

Forged ID: Brad Pitt's Photo, Arabic Name
Jun 29, 10:57 AM EST

The Associated Press

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- A Jordanian salesman who tried to use an identity card with Brad Pitt's photo was on trial in the Emirates, a newspaper reported Thursday.

The 29-year-old salesman allegedly forged the card with the Hollywood actor's picture and an Arabic name in an attempt to steal more than $22,000 left unclaimed at an exchange house where his brother worked as a teller, according to a report in the daily Gulf News.

The man, who told police he did not know who Brad Pitt was, said in court Wednesday that he downloaded the photo from the Internet, the newspaper reported. Police were reportedly alerted by an informant.

Dubai's public prosecutors charged the man with forgery and embezzlement. A spokesman for the prosecutor's office was not immediately able to comment on the trial.

Back
Top Bottom