Oh jeez...Report: Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt expecting - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #181
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:27 PM
Found these on the NY Post site and thought they were cute

At 13

Brad Pitt's better half is putting an end to her big-screen maternity leave, taking on her first project since the May birth of daughter Shiloh: lending her voice to the DreamWorks animated flick Kung Fu Panda.

The Oscar-winning actress has signed on to play Tigress, a martial-arts mastering--you guessed it--tigress, who is among the animals called on to train a "chosen" yet nearly irredeemably lazy panda to defend their ancient Chinese city against encroaching enemies.

The kid-friendly 'toon reunites computer-animated costars Jolie and Jack Black, who gives voice to the titular kung fu-loving panda. The duo previously costarred together in DreamWorks' 2004 hit Shark Tale.

And the studio is hopeful that history will repeat itself: Shark Tale has grossed $363.5 million worldwide, per BoxOfficeMojo.com.

Jackie Chan, Lucy Liu, Dustin Hoffman and Ian McShane also star in the movie, due out in May 2008.

But Jolie won't have to wait that long to be seen on the big screen.

Prior to her springtime Namibian getaway, she completed filming the Robert De Niro-helmed CIA drama The Good Shepherd opposite Matt Damon, due out this December.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:12 PM   #182
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:27 PM
Well at least people won't keep thinking she plumped her lips up anymore.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:42 PM   #183
ONE
love, blood, life

Her lips look giant
Old 02-27-2007, 01:05 AM   #184
Blue Crack Addict

That baby is definitely her father's daughter, lol. Cute!

Old 02-27-2007, 09:03 AM   #185
Blue Crack Addict

Old 03-02-2007, 09:15 AM   #186
Blue Crack Addict

HANOI, Vietnam (AP) -- Angelina Jolie has filed papers to adopt a Vietnamese child, the country's top adoption official said Friday.

A U.S. adoption agency representing the 31-year-old actress filed the papers at Vietnam's International Adoption Agency, said Vu Duc Long, the agency's director.

"She just filed the papers this week," Long said.

Jolie and her partner, Brad Pitt, have three children: 5-year-old son Maddox, adopted from Cambodia; 2-year-old daughter Zahara, adopted from Ethiopia; and another daughter, Shiloh, who was born to the couple in May.

Long would not name the U.S. adoption agency working with Jolie, who applied to adopt as a single parent.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:40 AM   #187
Blue Crack Addict

Old 03-02-2007, 01:08 PM   #188
Blue Crack Addict

She's a mini Brad.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:38 PM   #189
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I wonder why she applied to adopt as a single parent
Old 03-04-2007, 03:02 PM   #190
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
She's gorgeous!
Old 03-04-2007, 03:33 PM   #191
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoIsMyMuse
I wonder why she applied to adopt as a single parent
She didn't. I saw it on the news that the Vietanamese government does not allow unmarried couples to adopt. I guess one unmarried person alone is okay?

You know, I'm going to get my butt bashed off for this, but what the heck. I don't think this new adoption is a good thing Shiloh is still so small, and the other 2 are still getting used to America, each other, Brad and the new baby. Now she's going for another one? Now? I'm sorry but she seems like an out of control collector!

Like some people collect all different breeds of dogs, or colors of cats, or are compulsive shoppers with a closet full of stuff they'll never use, she seems to be 'collecting' kids. What's next? A rainforest baby? A Romanian orphan? An Aborigine? Sorry, but she's gotten too many too soon and too close together and it's a disservice to them all! If she were running an orphanage or child care center or a rescue organization I'd think it was great, but as a family, even with all that money, it's not really workable. Anyone with kids will know the details of everyday life and travel with kids, can you imagine how unfun it's going to be to have to deal with the clothes, the toys, the fights, and sniffles, the diapers and the logisitics of moving them around from place to place? It can be more aggravation than fun. With a menagerie of kids who are from different places and backgrounds and don't even know each other, it must be harder. Like running a daycare, but you can't send them home! I'm also sorry for Brad Pitt, who will inevitably get stuck paying enormous amounts of child support to a bunch of kids who aren't even his once they inevitably break up.

What's going to happen if and when, and it's likely as messed up in the head as she has a history of being, she loses interest in obsessive kid collecting and doesn't want to deal with them anymore? Will they be left to nannies? Will she neglect some and favor others? It seems like a disaster in the making, and she's messing with lives, not handbags.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:59 PM   #192
Blue Crack Addict

Well, I don't know that it's true necessarily. Maddox is turning 6 in a couple of months and she's had him since he was about a year old. How is he still adjusting to America? She adopted Zahara when the baby was 5 months old, she's now 2 and a half. How is she still adjusting? These kids have no memory of any other life than the one they've had.

I don't know if it's the best thing to adopt all these kids in a short time, but I don't know that it's bad either. I have an aunt who had 4 kids in 5 and a half years because she didn't want to be pregnant for a decade. They were all well adjusted and grew up fine together. Had loads of fun too. I went to high school with a guy named Quintus, he was the 5th of 9 kids, and they seemed fine as well.

And as for this:

Quote:
who will inevitably get stuck paying enormous amounts of child support to a bunch of kids who aren't even his once they inevitably break up.
That's just offensive to me, because I have adopted family members and THEY.ARE.YOUR. KIDS. He adopted them. They are his. Period. When are we going to get over this?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #193
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
That's just offensive to me, because I have adopted family members and THEY.ARE.YOUR. KIDS. He adopted them. They are his. Period. When are we going to get over this?
It's one thing if a couple has been married for 10 years and has a 9 year old they adopted together. But the way Hollywood romances go, and the way Angelina is adopting willy nilly like a Valley girl on a shopping spree, it's only a matter of time before it all caves in. I hate to see him stuck paying when we really don't know if he's as gung ho as she is. It's all happening so fast I have to question the long term responsibility.

And I personally know guys who got 'stuck'. that's why I see it that way. These guys married girls who had kids by other deadbeats who didn't pay, talked them into 'adopting' the kid, then ditched the guy in a couple years for somebody they liked better, but because he'd signed the adoption papers, he was stuck paying out the ass for a kid he didn't father and never really knew that well and didn't get a chance to be around. And he was in the military so he had to do it. Now he never even sees the kid and it doesn't remember him, but he's lost several hundred bucks a month until it turns 18.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:37 PM   #194
Blue Crack Addict

I think it's great she's adopting again. Yeah, they already have three kids, but I know a family that has 15 kids and adopted 11 of them, one right after the other, plus the father is a doctor who delivers babies. Another family we know has I think 9 kids now, some their own, some adopted from foreign countries, and some adopted domestically. My parents both had 4-6 siblings, and we've never considered their families as being that large. Some people just like kids Obviously Brangolina can afford as many kids as they please, so where's the harm?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:38 PM   #195
Blue Crack Addict

I think it's wonderful that Angelina is adopting these kids. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I believe her and Brad will be together for quite some time. Maybe that's naive. Oh well. She seems to have grown up a bit though. Give them a bit of credit!