Oh, I dare you!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh, you know how it is.

:woe:

no really, i was in my ceramics class today finishing a project and part of it was to glue these images inside a box. it was as elementary as it sounds, despite the fact that these boxes initially took ages to make and were not child-like at all until we got to infantile gluing and sticking. so anyway, i tended to be rather impatient and poured PVA everywhere which went...everywhere, my hair included :clap:

im really fucking bored. i have ot find a picture of the abby skank and photoshop it. by tomorrow. im tempted to ask interf for pictures of cats i can use instead.
:grumpy:

I'm so glad Angee came to play :hyper:

How is the new sexy dishwasher? :sexywink: Or is he not home yet? :|

And bg I thought if the auction closed at $26 then you got it for $26, even if you said the max you'd pay is $100? Or am I having a totally blonde moment and have no idea what you're talking about? :reject:

the sexy new dishwasher is installed, but not really working :lol: well, it does, but it...doesn't. the drain hose has a kink and so it beeps an error message and wont drain at the end. so we are going to sneak a new hole in the cupboard wall (we rent...:shifty: ) and lower the hose a little so it wont kink or bend and hopefully will drain.

i now have an hour to do this assignment. less, probably as i really need to have a shower and wash the glue and clay off me. and i have to wrap a friends' daughters' birthday present.

yet, here i sit!
:happy:

:grumpy:

hows vet life, bls? you're lucky to get to work with kitties every day :) i think so, anyway. i had to take skank to the vet the other day cos she had an abscess on her eye. it seems to be clearing now though with drops. she hates me for it. :lol:

Skank? :eyebrow: Do you know what that means in America? :eek:

Vet life is good for the most part - but we have had an insane run on crazy people the past few days, I am partially bald from pulling my hair out :crazy:

Um...no? :uhoh: It's not a compliment here, but it is usually only used to describe a tarty kind of girl. Nothing too specific or crass....I hope I haven't said anything offensive. See, she's a chinchilla, and when she was a kitten her eyes were really really dark and it looked like she had mascara running down her face and had spent the night out partying.

we say it with love...really!

do you get many sick kitties? I'd be depressed. I admire vets. You're all animal lovers, but must see some hard things. :(

bonosloveslave said:
And bg I thought if the auction closed at $26 then you got it for $26, even if you said the max you'd pay is $100? Or am I having a totally blonde moment and have no idea what you're talking about?

nono, i was upset because i never got in on that auction. i never bid because i just figured it would go sky-high like all of the other auctions i've been watching for the past week.

what i meant was, now i'm most likely just going to have to pay a buy-it-now price of a hundred or a hundred twenty because i was too freaking layme to even check the auction before it ended, even though i looked RIGHT AT A CLOCK a half hour before it ended and said out loud to no one in particular "i should check that one auction before it closes"

but i never did :mad:

i'm just being greedy anyway, seeing as how i already have four seats to the show.

but i don't care :mad:

:elmersofharlem:

:hug:

i would like to see photos of your projects, and abbyskank as well, of course

i am tired, i am going to sleep.

i bet you are all in your beds already anyway. :shh:

Yeah I guess skank is another word for slut/'tarty' girl etc - just surprising to see a pet named that (though I've seen worse :uhoh: )

Some days are better than others at work - most of our clients are very good about preventative care so it is usually a 1/2 and 1/2 mix of routine check-ups and sick cats. The hardest thing is when you know something is very wrong and nothing shows up on their tests, it is very frustrating :sigh:

Derogatory term for a (usually younger) female, implying trashiness or tackiness, lower-class status, poor hygiene, flakiness, and a scrawny, pockmarked sort of ugliness. May also imply promiscuity, but not necessarily. Can apply to any race, but most commonly used to describe white trash.You know that girl Crystal that lives in the trailer park? She's a total skank.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skank

we totally call our cats names, and they are a couple of the best-loved, spoiled cats in the world.

my big, fat lucy is commonly referred to as "the short bus" and ginger, who is constantly shooting me dirty looks, is "the hag"

all of this is said with loving affection and a smile, of course.

i'm just happy they don't understand english :D

My rabbit (R.I.P.) was named Corona but I don't think I ever called her that. It was always "Fatty".

:giggle:

I just bought $10,000 worth of office funiture!

:|

U2SavesTheWorld said:
I just bought $10,000 worth of office funiture!

Is it furniture for the whole office or just the new people?

In other news ... I think I am going to throw my hat in the ring for a job in the alumni relations department at the university I attended.

that's a hell of a lot of office furniture

and this next thought is completely unrelated but i need to say it "out loud"

a personal reminder, if you will

i don't always

need to say

everything

that's on my mind

I totally forgot I had apple spice beer in the fridge

I love that bonogal84 calls her cat "SHORT BUS" - I think I would die laughing at the cat if I saw someone call it that. Seriously...scrape me off the floor.

I am doing better. I put out some fires at work and was appreciated by the boss. I am so easily pleased.

Home for two nights...then bag on the road for three nights. I need to schedule myself at home for a while someday.

JessicaAnn said:
In other news ... I think I am going to throw my hat in the ring for a job in the alumni relations department at the university I attended.

WOO HOO! Go screaming Eagles!!! :uhoh:

Hey kids......

Just checking in....

I'm going to be out of the Appreciation Office this weekend....going to Little Rock for a swim meet. My flight leaves at 3:00 tomorrow so I'll probably be around for a few hours tomorrow and then I won't be back until Monday.

MISSSS MEEEEEEEEEE

Back
Top Bottom