oh, for nostalgia! old-timers come sit down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
This board has been around for a couple years now.

I think its about time us long-time members gather around the fireplace, bask in its warm glowing warming glow, and reminese[sic] in a segment of interference I like to call........
remember when... (can't you just feel the warm glow?)

Remember when those trolls came here and completely trashed the place? and we tried to fight back but we sucked?

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

I remember that.

Remember the days when we spent much time in debate over the title of the upcoming album, deciding that out of the list of "rumours" the title "All That You Can't Leave Behind" couldn't be it, because since when had a U2 album had a title longer than 2 or 3 words?

Remeber when the band released two 30 second clips of songs but one of us found ALL the clips online? and then we all sat around debating..."do we risk our virgin ears or spoil the fun now?"

Remember when there was an interference "revolution"? Lots of cryptic posts from BEAL and company, a new mod named "Tonya McLoad" or something (Diemen was the one who said, it's an anagram of Adam's name from the Passengers album)...weird stuff. People got so mad and threatened to leave the board. One person started their own "new" board even. That's also about the time we got the MacPhisto emoticon.

Remember Gen-Tree?

Remember interferencers trolling the Foo Fighters board?

Remember KevM's voting program?

That's all for now.

------------------
U2 @ The Blooming Heart

Do ya'll remember that funny old farmer, who used to post every once in a while named Halpick Neftin?

I remember all of this

I'm old

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

*remembers a big flame war btwn most of us and some poor guy who started a thread in now departing forum "Bono a dumb drunk on...."

*remembers gen-tree, who exposed himself to everyone in my FYM thread

*remembers when Johnny Swallow was cool, well sort of
wink.gif

*remembers when everyone thought BEAL was a girl

*remembers when SICY was Sicilian Goddess, and had less than 100 posts

Remember when the links to Free Your Mind and Lemonade Stand were near the bottom of the main forums page? Those were the days...

Originally posted by *Ally*:
lmao! wasn't gen-tree like really racist/homophobic, and basically got chased away from the board? i remember him....

I was wondering what happened to him
biggrin.gif

Remember when we were trying to come up with names for the tour? Somebody clever came up with

The Holy Moley Tour

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

A bit more clever than The Elevation Tour

Originally posted by z edge:
*remembers when everyone thought BEAL was a girl

*remembers when everyone thought I was a guy

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

Originally posted by z edge:
*remembers when SICY was Sicilian Goddess, and had less than 100 posts

Yep...back when she was a newbie!!!
eek.gif
*lol*

------------------
"Frisbetarians believe that when they die their soul goes up on the roof, and they can't get it down."

Bonochick's Place

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 05-17-2002).]

Originally posted by Basstrap:
yes!!
The virgins...what a sorry bunch of asses they were
wink.gif

Hey asstrap!
watch your mouth, young man, being part of that group served me well. I should dig up my song parody I wrote about us.
biggrin.gif

I mostly remember people trying to deflower us.

I also remember the Interf Disco thread. Bonovista and I were throwing mirrorballs at Dr Teeth And MIB if I remember correctly.

Cheers basstrap, a fire, good idea. It's getting cold here...or my idea of cold.

I just remember lots of anticipation and lots of laughter. People have come and gone, but that has remained the same.
And yes, ease up on the virgins there mate. It was well worth the wait!! (although I did listen to Ground Beneath Her Feet....but I don't think that counted)

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 05-17-2002).]

glad to see u finally got the new handle!

hmm remember the random thoughts thread we all thought was the greatest invention in the history of threads...remember when Zoo Confessionals was a dead forum...remember when Zoomerang96 was not radioheadcentric...remember when 'The Edge' said 'how are u guys going?'...remember when spleeen was a mod...

Originally posted by LOVE MUSCLE:
ABEL
z edge is sporry for spreading that rumor

sporry?

*runs away
icon27.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by ABEL (edited 05-17-2002).]

remember me and all that i have done for you.

the moment you forget that, ill smash your face with a bat.

bleeding heart liberals re: this post can stick it.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

yes!!
The virgins...what a sorry bunch of asses they were
wink.gif

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

*remembers SicillianGoddess' first post. I believe it was full on Italian attitude
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars. Carved into stone on the face of earth"
- One Tree Hill

jonedwards80@hotmail.com

Good auld times...

Remember the All your base are belong to us thread? LMAO!

Also Amanda's post "Slaners post here" and when it all started... we moved to other folder and had loads of messages and different people everyday. We started getting things organized and I got to meet some very nice people.

*sighs*

Good auld times...

[This message has been edited by Desert Rose (edited 05-18-2002).]

All your base are belong to us - hak hak hak hak!

I remember I posted an angry thread about men and pubs, and it became a civilized and polite battle of the sexes.

I remember when I thought Marriage Was Dead.

I remember when the 'Babyface' status was 'The Fool'.

I remember when there was actually another Malaysian on this board.

last one standing,
zooforay

[This message has been edited by foray (edited 05-18-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom