OH CANADA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonoman

Refugee
Well the greatest hockey nation in the world has done it again. Both mens and womans hockey we have trampled the USA!!!

This is the greatest triumph Canadian Hockey has ever accomplished.

There is no other country as good as the great white north.

I spent the whole day with 3000 other hockey lovers and watched the best hockey game i have ever seen!!!

We then partied it up downtown.

Let the celebrations begin because we are on top again and will never give it up without a fight.

The USA didnt have a chance, they were outplayed in every single aspect!!!

OHHHHHHHHHH CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by bonoman:
The USA didnt have a chance, they were outplayed in every single aspect!!!

Um, yeah, maybe you were watching a different game. It was neck and neck right up until Canada went up 4-2 with about 3 minutes left.

BTW: it's called "Put 'Em Under Pressure"
wink.gif

------------------
Change is the only constant

ya it was a great game, but really, canada did outplay the states, there is little question about that.

all i can say is SUCK THAT SHIT HERB BROOKS!!!

*grows a mullet, becomes greasy, and does the chop on his groin and says "suck it!!!"

perhaps the dump in chase system isnt so bad afterall now is it?!?! well maybe it is, but whatever you implemented sure didnt hold up!

next olympics please make fun of us again, it seems to get us going.

------------------
-deathbear

congrats Canada. I'm glad to see you got your hockey gold. Not gonna be baited into any arguments about it "belonging" anywhere or whatnot.
tongue.gif
But anyways, enjoy the celebrating and congrats on the win.
smile.gif

The score was close.

But the closeness ends there. Canada outplayed them. Plain and simple.

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

I gotta agree. Canada dominated that game from start to finish. the fact that it was close was because of some great saves by Richter and some goal posts saving the day.

It was Canada's day today. They took it to the US and were full value for their win. It was well deserved.

------------------
Peace on Earth.

Originally posted by bonoman:
The score was close.

I wouldn't say 5-2 is a particularly close score.. 3-2 was close, but then Canada blew it off the hook. Overall, Canada played better, but it was still close enough to be hugely exciting to watch! What a sweeeet game!

Ya thats what i ment the 3-2 score.

I do think it was exciting. but the chances we should have scored on would have put this game way out of reach. Lemeiux missed a open net!!!

It was the best game i have ever seen in my life.

Hey skeek do you have a place called-shanks-out east?

Its the biggest fucking sports bar i have ever seen. There was well over 3000 ppl there. The fire dept came and started looking around. We were sitting on the floor.

I think i will remember this day for the rest of my life.

And you know what the funny thing was i spent it with all irish family and friends!!!

I was the only real canadian!!!

------------------

ok...i'm so sorry i beg your forgiveness!

------------------

Canada truly showed why we have the best players in the world, still. From the defence, to the goaltending (even minus Patrick Roy), to the amazing offence, Canada truly dominated. Paul Kayiya, Joe Sakic (from Vancouver by the way
smile.gif
), Steve Yzerman (most dynamic player on the ice), Mario Lemieux (who didn't need Gretzky this time
wink.gif
) and everyone else were amazing. It says a lot that even the 4th line had Iginla, who is leading the entire league in scoring this year. It is great to be Canadian right now!

I thought the Americans were great, too. They hadn't lost a single game until they played Canada. It was great, and good times had by all.

------------------
The Tempest

Back
Top Bottom