Oh brother...Tiffany is making her "comback"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
http://www.cnn.com/2002/SHOWBIZ/News/02/06/tiffany.reut/index.html

Former pop star Tiffany graces Playboy's pages

Tiffany: "I have grown significantly, both personally and professionally."

LOS ANGELES, California (Reuters) -- Former teen pop idol Tiffany is back in the spotlight, this time entertaining the readers of Playboy rather than screaming teenyboppers.

The 1980s singer, now a suburban mom, will appear in the magazine's April issue, which is scheduled to hit newsstands March 4, a Playboy spokesman said Tuesday. The current issue offers a sneak peak of the redhead, who underwent breast augmentation surgery, her publicist said.

The spread was designed to shake the world from its belief that Tiffany is still a 15-year-old performer, rather than a 30-year-old wife and mother, she said on her Web site.

"I have grown significantly, both personally and professionally, after nearly a decade of raising a family and exploring my craft," Tiffany said. "I view my appearance in Playboy as the first step in presenting myself to the world as I am."

Tiffany's spokesman, Jay Marose, said the photo shoot took place last month after Playboy approached her. He declined to discuss the content of the shots or reveal how much she was paid, as did a Playboy spokesman.

Marose described Tiffany as "a very religious person," but said she had no moral problems with doing the spread. He said she will embark on a major TV and radio promotion for Playboy later this month.

Tiffany, whose full name is Tiffany Renee Darwisch, struck it big in 1987 after playing to excited youngsters during a tour of America's shopping malls. Her self-titled debut album reached No. 1 on the charts that year as did its first two singles, "I Think We're Alone Now" and "Could've Been." A third single, "I Saw Him Standing There," peaked at No. 7.

Her fickle fans deserted her for New Kids on the Block within a few years, and Tiffany found herself relegated to lounge gigs and concerts in Asia, where she is still popular.

She emerged from obscurity in 2000 to release her first U.S. album in 10 years, "The Color Of Silence." Despite gushing reviews in Billboard magazine, which compared it to Alanis Morissette's Grammy-winning "Jagged Little Pill," the self-distributed album did not resurrect her career.

Tiffany lives in southern California with her husband, makeup artist Bulmaro "Junior" Garcia and their son, Elijah.

Playboy, which is owned by Playboy Enterprises Inc. , has about 10 million readers in the United States, a magazine spokesman said.

------------------
me in chat: Holy fecking mesh Batman!

"It's all about drums."

Proud owner of the mofoin Discoboos (boom cha!) and Larry's stick...hehe.

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
The spread was designed to shake the world from its belief that Tiffany is still a 15-year-old performer, rather than a 30-year-old wife and mother, she said on her Web site.

I didn't know you had to pose in Playboy to show that you're a wife and mother! Eek!

Most magazines usually work like that-one month in advance-so the April issue would come out in March.

*wonders when NKOTB will be posing in Playgirl*
wink.gif

The current issue offers a sneak peak of the redhead, who underwent breast augmentation surgery, her publicist said.

"I view my appearance in Playboy as the first step in presenting myself to the world as I am."

Saywhatnow?

Also, for the curious, I did some searching and found a link on an online fanpage to another page that, erm, shows stuff.

Please don't tell me I have to explain what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by Giant Lemon:
I didn't know you had to pose in Playboy to show that you're a wife and mother!

i thought everyone knew this?
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
you bury your treasure where it can't be found, but your love is like a secret that's been passed around...
ME!

Tiffany was the first CD I ever bought. That really makes me feel old. She rocked, though. I'd actually like to hear her new music. As for playboy, I don't give a damn.

I still have now idea! any songs I might recognize???

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

Heh. I remember Tiffany gave a free concert at school my last semester. I didn't go (and I've beat myself up every day since...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
) Apparently everyone was disappointed because she didn't sing any of her old stuff.

Back
Top Bottom