Official Travelling Thread! - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2006, 11:39 PM   #106
Refugee

Local Time: 07:53 PM
btw how did you take your 180 degree composite shot of the crater?

I've got Canon EOS and I am sure its possible - however i neither have the technical ability or patience to figure it out!

Old 03-15-2006, 11:45 PM   #107
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:53 PM
Ooooo, I know all about that cheetah place in Namibia! I want to go there and work there forever, that's my secret dream. Secret's out They've really got a handle on cheetahs and what needs to be done. They're keeping good bloodlines for breeding cheetahs, since most healthy male cheetahs have only 1/10 the amount of good sperm as a domestic cat. Now what they're doing is giving farmers Anatolian shepherd dogs because they are such good guarders and bond with their herds, not humans. So the dogs scare off cheetahs (actually, that place you went proved that cheetahs rarely attack livestock, they prefer wild prey). Cheetah's are very tame and very easy to socialize with humans. They're often more tame and less aggressive than your average family domestic dog. Sorry, I'm such a cheetah Funny thing is, I never much cared for them until I first saw them in the wild, this guy here:

Old 03-15-2006, 11:47 PM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Party Boy
btw how did you take your 180 degree composite shot of the crater?

I've got Canon EOS and I am sure its possible - however i neither have the technical ability or patience to figure it out!
Canon PowerShot S1-IS, using the PhotoStitch (the function comes on the camera so you can properly line up each shot, and then you also get software for the computer that generates the final image).
Old 03-15-2006, 11:56 PM   #109
Refugee

Cool you have heard about the place in Namibia. I was there back in early 2002 so I imagine everything has progressed a great deal - they were still in the process of trying to raise money for all the fencing etc. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the place i stayed in - it was pretty much the only one of its kind. I just did a search and found this link:

http://www.cheetah.org/?nd=25

Not sure if its the same place - it doesnt seem the same from looking at the site, but as I said, its over 4 years ago now so a lot may have changed.

When we helped feed the wide cheetahs, while they growled and roared etc, they seemed more afraid of us then we were of them! Feeding them was such good fun however.

I was thinking of going back to Namibia this year - apart from the Cheetahs, its my fav. place in the world I have ever been to.

Now you have triggered memory, might try and look the place in the link above
Old 03-16-2006, 11:41 AM   #110
Refugee

Has anyone been to Peru or Bolivia? More specifically the salt plains in Bolivia or walked/climbed inca trail in Peru?