Official Cricket Thread Part 99.94

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have this sinking feeling those 10 odd runs SA got in their final over will proof the difference.
Well, the difference is SA has superior players with Hamla making the real difference today

They got rolled for 39 by Sri Lanka the other night, so this is a big improvement. 5/19 for Ashan Malik, making him the tournament's leading wicket taker.

Six runs? Six runs? Oh god, so unbelievably close. What a huge effort after that Sri Lanka game.

Well if I can't have an Essendon victory, GO WINDIES GO!

Sammy just completely fucking took to Starc. Brutal.

Windies need 12 off the last over. This is going to be good.

Faulkner bowls two dots.

Then Sammy just casually bashes two sixes. Awesome stuff, and what a big win for the Windies. Love it.

Bj0O-7xIUAAsjQd.jpg

Bashing the winning runs must've felt sweet for Sammy, given Faulkner's stupid pre-match comments. They even sucked from a sledging point of view. "Don't particularly like" the Windies? Oh come on now, try harder.

The Netherlands have set the Black Caps a pretty decent target...

Ah, good old dependable McCullum. First batsman to reach 2,000 runs in international T20 too. He just keeps justifying my avatar. :up:

I was hoping they'd broadcast the semis and the final regardless of who's in them, especially since it's at arse o'clock and doesn't clash with anything.

Obviously a foolish assumption that Australian broadcasters would ever broadcast teams that are not Australia.

Good start early on by the Dutch. I'd love love love to see them defeat the Poms.

England managed 4 fours and 0 sixes.
Those guys are lucky Boycott doesn't waste his time commenting on T20

Aaaaahahahahaha oh my god England hahahahaha.

Good work Holland! Shame about the failure to qualify for the ODI World Cup though. Where to now for Dutch cricket?

(Less said about New Zealand's performance against Sri Lanka, the better.)

Aaaaahahahahaha oh my god England hahahahaha.

Good work Holland! Shame about the failure to qualify for the ODI World Cup though. Where to now for Dutch cricket?

(Less said about New Zealand's performance against Sri Lanka, the better.)
In the end, there really is nowhere for Dutch cricket to go.
There's just no interest in the game over here.
I don't think anything is really going to change that.

I do think Associates should be given the opportunity to play more competitive cricket. Especially for those countries where there's an actual interest in cricket.

It was sad to see what happened to NZ, but I did pick SL as champions before the tournament so I'm slightly relieved that's still possible :D

How is it that the Dutch cricket team has managed to become pretty decent despite the general lack of interest? I'm aware that some of their good players grew up in cricket countries and couldn't make national selection there but qualified via citizenship for the Netherlands. But a couple of good players doesn't make an entire team. Good funding perhaps...?

Hope Australia loses to Bangladesh today just to compound how shittily they've played this tournament.

Bangladesh have set Australia a target of 154.

I'd love to stay up for the Aussie innings but don't think I can. Hope Bangladesh can defend the total and give their long suffering audience something to cheer about.

Damnit how dare Australia win.

Terrible showing by Bangladesh this tournament, unable to win a single game despite a massive home ground advantage (seriously, their fans are nuts and deserved better). The Dutch actually performed better.

Back
Top Bottom