Official Cricket Thread Part 99.94

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
McCullum! Le Magnifique!

:up:

This is just unreal. I really wonder how much longer this partnership can keep going. Hope McCullum can pass his previous best of 225. I'd love to see him go on to be the first Kiwi to score a triple century, but that's got to be the realms of fantasy, even at this stage.

This is fucking awesome. Got a shitty live stream up at work. Love love love this rearguard. Watling's highest ever score. McCullum. Would love to see him get to 300. Wish I was at home with Foxtel on.

Still a good amount of time for NZ to win this, too...

Yea I'm rooting for his triple as well.

I don't want to jinx this, but if NZ wins this thing, oh man.....

Still a good amount of time for NZ to win this, too...

I can't believe we've fought back to be in a position to even contemplate victory. Honestly, even a draw will be remarkable - it would be one of the great draws. No matter what happens, McCullum and Watling can hold their heads very high. McCullum's been dominant, and Watling has proved to be a brick wall.

McCullum just brought up 226, his highest score ever!

It's hard not to get too excited here at work. I recently moved to a new office... if my new neighbours can hear me, I wonder what they think. :lol:

I can't believe we were once 5/94 and staring down the barrel of an innings defeat. This is a partnership for the ages. Where'd you find a stream, Cobbler? I've had no luck.

Cool, thanks. Can't believe we're now at tea having not lost a wicket all day. Scoring rate's sluggish indeed - look at Watling, he's taken 360 balls to get his 119 - but in a way that's what we need. Just hold onto the wicket and plug away for as long as possible and steal this game from India. All we need is a draw to win the series.

Fuck I knew putting on the stream would jinx it! Well, it was probably the new ball. :wink: Watling's gone LBW for 124, partnership of 352. What a knock.

:(

They need to put on at least a hundred more. A 300+ target is going to put India under a lot of pressure, given how they were eyeing up inflicting an innings defeat on NZ just a day ago

A shame, but a heroic partnership. Just awesome stuff. For me the plan would be simple - bat until the final half hour with ideally a lead of 300+ and try and snare a wicket. But that's attacking captaincy, and you risk India winning.

You're a champion, thank you!

Hope Neesham can get himself settled and start another partnership here. Like you say, we need a total of 300 to really threaten India. Still over a day to play and we're going to have to bowl ruthlessly to win/draw.

No problem!

A shame, but a heroic partnership. Just awesome stuff. For me the plan would be simple - bat until the final half hour with ideally a lead of 300+ and try and snare a wicket. But that's attacking captaincy, and you risk India winning.

Yea India would be under a shitload of pressure if they need to chase 300+ to win this match now.

8 more to McCullum's 250.....come on!

God I love how McCullum always seems to bring up milestones with fours or sixes. Six to go past 250! Go boy go!

Neesham's really helping to pick up the pace here; they've scored a fifty partnership already. Wonder how long he'll stay in though?

What's more amazing is this scorecard from Dromana (seriously, click it) http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?locx=MATCH&matchID=1552064

Doesn't load...?

Just went out for afternoon tea. Kind of expected a wicket to have fallen on my return, but they're still there at stumps! I'm getting nervous for McCullum closing in on the 300, and well done Neesham! I want McCullum to go for the 300 tomorrow. Who cares if it's a draw? Draw wins us the series and that's what matters. Give the bowlers at least 350-400 to defend and bowl like hell at an obviously tired Indian team over two, two and a half sessions, knowing a draw should be likely and a win possible.

Doesn't load...?

Just went out for afternoon tea. Kind of expected a wicket to have fallen on my return, but they're still there! I'm getting nervous for McCullum closing in on the 300, and well done Neesham! I want McCullum to go for the 300 tomorrow. Who cares if it's a draw? Draw wins us the series and that's what matters. Give the bowlers at least 350-400 to defend and bowl like hell at an obviously tired Indian team over two, two and a half sessions, knowing a draw should be likely and a win possible.

:up:

Can't wait for tomorrow!

I don't know, this has played with my emotions for days on end! It's always so much more tense when it's your team, and that tension goes to eleven when your team happens to be New fucking Zealand. At least T20 toys with me for three hours and then leaves me be! :lol:

Weeee're back. Can McCullum do it? Can Neesham get a century on debut? *bites nails*

Back
Top Bottom