Official Cricket Thread Part 237

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking that too (and I'd still say it's the overwhelming likelihood) but we only have to cast our minds back about three weeks to see two teams (Pakistan and England) post huge 500+ totals before the third innings saw a huge collapse and the other team almost win. And that was in only one day's cricket, we've still got two left.

My main concern is that NZ just can't take wickets fast enough. We need to race through Australia to be in with a chance and I just can't see it happening.

Though Khawaja won't be batting, will he? That will make the task slightly easier... (Poor guy though!)

No, your bowling has seemed awful and lacking any bite. Doubt it! Hadn't considered that. Boxing Day seems like the quickest he'll return. Jim Maxwell's been calling for the other Maxwell to get the gig!

I want to see Maxwell just so he can do a ramp shot off Jerome Taylor on his second ball.

Ross Taylor's passed Warner's mark, and the team has passed Australia's. Yep, New Zealand are in front. I can't quite believe it. And right now it appears Southee is having a right slog!

I did not think this would happen. I'm very happy. Surely their game now is a declaration once Ross Taylor gets to three figures (or they slap it around once he gets there). Only one man has ever done it against Australia; Len Hutton, when the Brits made 14,000 in an innings in 1934.

once Ross Taylor gets to three figures

Pretty sure he got there 177 runs ago. :wink:

Aaaand now Southee's gone. How long can Boult hang around? I don't think we're going to need to worry about a declaration! Ideally we'd have stuck this out for as long as possible; I think the best strategy is to post a good lead so that whatever chase is left tomorrow is as small as possible. I just hope Ross can get his triple and that the team score passes 600.

Oh god Ross, don't get the jitters and completely dry up the scoring.

Fuck me I thought Boult had just got himself caught and bowled. Thank christ that went over Hazlewood's head.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom