Official Cricket 12/13 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also I don't agree with Du Plessis being in the nervous 90s at all. He looked fine. You could pick any other part of his innings where it took him a long time to get 10 runs.

Reckon Cowan dropped a chance last over.

Hard to believe this is du Plessis's debut. This is some fantastic tenacity.

Meanwhile, presume you guys have seen that England's fucking steamrollered India?

Yeah. Monty was outstanding. It's a bit like SCG MacGill - not the #1 spinner but always plays well when he gets picked as the second spinner on a turning deck.

England are destined to settle back down to 3-4-5 in the rankings. They were never a totally dominant side, and have some holes in key positions now with Strauss gone, and Broad playing awfully.

I think that is more a symptom of how far India have slipped in the recent past - The Ais SA series is really showing that these are the two best sides in the world at the moment.

England would have to be the best team in the world, yeah? I remember when Australia routed them like 4-0 or 5-0 in 2006, haha.

I'm so out of touch with cricket.

Predictions on when Steyn will score his first run? :laugh:

27th ball, I reckon.

England are destined to settle back down to 3-4-5 in the rankings. They were never a totally dominant side, and have some holes in key positions now with Strauss gone, and Broad playing awfully.

I think that is more a symptom of how far India have slipped in the recent past - The Ais SA series is really showing that these are the two best sides in the world at the moment.

Well they replaced a Saffa with another Saffa, keeping the quota up!

England would have to be the best team in the world, yeah? I remember when Australia routed them like 4-0 or 5-0 in 2006, haha.

I'm so out of touch with cricket.

No way!

They were always paper champions. Rose to the top as the champions fell. Played well - above themselves - while they were there to hold onto it longer than they ever should have. Bell and Trott play brilliantly in England and nowhere else, Pietersen and Cook are the only ones who can really call themselves true world class bats, and even then pietersen is hit and miss depending on the state of his personal life.

Quiney for perennial 12th man. Just like Bevan should have been. Rotate the bowlers off all game and have Quiney field. For that matter, get Steve Smith there too.

Steve Smith still exists? Now there's a mediocre cricketer.

Well there we go, Kleinveldt avoids a pair. How long can he stay? Think there's only about half an hour in this.

Steve Smith, best fielder in the world right now. That is no joke.

He has started concentrating on his batting and is doing well this year. 99* and 92 in the first 2 Ryobi Cup games this year. Scored 70-odd against South Africa in the warm-up game too. He is a quality bat, but he has a terrible technique.

Unbelievable fielding by Steve Smith - YouTube

Steve Smith Super Man Series 2.wmv - YouTube (not a catch, but brilliant thinking)

Dwayne and Steve Smith - 2 Amazing Catches - YouTube

Steve Smith Amazing Catch - ICC World Cup 2011 V Sri Lanka - YouTube

Steve Smith What a ripper catch!! Sydney Sixers vs Chennai Super Kings - YouTube

Yep - there will be some pointing fingers at Aussie bowlers / Clarke's management of bowlers, but fair is fair. On great pitches with a bowler down it was always going to be a big ask

Back
Top Bottom