Official Cricket 12/13 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a pretty great read. About the only thing they get wrong is that cricket is slower than baseball. Longer, yes. Slower? Not by a long shot. If nothing happens in cricket, less than nothing happens in baseball.

The man-crush on Afridi is hilarious.

Now, recent results:
1. Shame Sri Lanka couldn't manage a miracle yesterday. Tied series. Ugh. Jayawardene's probably going to give the Sydney umpires a hiding for abandoning a game that should've belonged to them.
2. AHAHAHAHA NEW ZEALAND WON THE ODI SERIES OVER SOUTH AFRICA AAAAHAHHAHAHA

Yes, the love for Afridi had me laughing out loud, something I very rarely do when reading online.

Also, spot on about baseball.

Kane Williamson :huh:

Australia should play Sri Lanka every summer in cricket

It would be like the Harlem Globetrotters playing the Washington Generals over and over again

Except the Globetrotters were fairly average if they played in the NBA (ie real competition) :p

When Australia play Sri Lanka in the cricket, it gives me one more extra thing to ignore

What happened to that "Traditional" Australia Day test/odi/ t20 match in Adelaide anyway?

Wasnt it 'tradition' to play cricket in Adelaide on "Australia" Day :lol:

If you'd paid any attention, you'd know that Adelaide Oval is under redevelopment, so all they get this summer of cricket is one ODI, already played. The Australia Day Test in Adelaide will return next season.

And I still want to know why on earth you compared Australia/Sri Lanka to Globetrotters/Generals when the series ended in an evenly poised tie.

Alex Doolan emerging as a genuine contender for the number 6 spot. Not only has he shown some solid technique, he has also shown he is capable of stepping up to international level with 161* against South Africa and the 87 yesterday against the West Indies.

What the fuck was that, West Indies?

I took the bus rather than walking to try to get home before the game ended and still didn't make it.

Aus 5/160. Ashwin has all five. Pathetic showing so far. Clarke's at the crease now but without Hussey it seems like he'll finish 80-odd not out every innings.

Half-century on debut for Henriques. Clarke gets a ton in the last over of the day. Fucking legend. Ashwin took six wickets and Harbhajan, the biggest wanker in cricket, didn't get one. Good day.

Jesus I wish Ed Cowan would make a decent score though. Perfect opportunity.

Don't know how Harbhajan can be the biggest wanker in cricket when Watson's still playing.

Wow, anyone else seen the pitch? Absolute fucking disgrace!

I seem to remember a few tours ago India refused to play at Perth because Australia unfairly prepared a bouncy wicket there... Can't wait for the ICC to bring in regulations regarding pitches that suit cricket - that produce results over 5 days, that reward good batting and bowling, that aren't crumbly dust-bowls at lunch on day one, and that don't encourage negative cricket.

Unfortunately the BCCI would never allow it.

Especially in light of R Ashwin bowling for almost the same length of time but taking more than twice as many wickets for half the runs.

Also, India must be ruing their opposition to the DRS. Would have come in very handy this Test.

Ahmed bowled rubbish in the PMs XI game - Haven't see too much otherwise. Agar looks quality. Time for a warne-like blooding where he gets an extended run regardless of performance.

Surey the fact that 50 overs into an innings that no quicks have been used it proves how unsuitable this pith is for test cricket

Excluding Clarke and Wade, today's performance by Australia looks rather piss-poor.

Surprising declaration too. Australia's last wicket stands lately have snared valuable runs.

Yes, there are attacking declarations and then there are head-scratchers. That was one of the latter.

We're going to get beaten up in this series and then finished off by the Poms. We only have one batsman who we can consistently (one in three innings at the very least) rely on. Warner's thereabouts but can't seem to hang around and is struggling on Indian pitches. Cowan has talent but seems to be missing the temperament, keeps getting out when he should be the rock. Hughes I think needs to stay in the side but really needs to graft an innings, Watson can fuck right off, deport the cunt for all I care, Clarke can't do it all on his own, Matty Wade is capable but continuously goes out to horrendous, unnecessary shots. I wasn't in Henriques' corner but he was very good in Chennai. Can't see Maxwell making it at international level, and why the fuck you'd bring in Xavier "Sometimes I Get Good Figures in ODIs" Doherty, even when Lyon sucked arse in the last test (seriously? 3/215 on a spinner's deck after the Indian spinners, two of whom are innocuous anywhere else in the world, tear us to shreds? Seriously??), is fucking beyond me.

If I didn't have an intense hatred of the English cricketing identity I'd go for the Poms.

Back
Top Bottom