Official Cricket 11/12 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Now that England's completely fucking dominated Australia in the Ashes, it's time for a new thread.

Continue.

Hey, we beat Pakistan in the T20 series! Let's not speak of the Test going on right now.

And inte, saw your post in the old thread - have a hard time classing Hussey as "filler". He's the best batsman Australia's got outside of the tail end!

Damn i been wasting my comic talent in the old thread

_50697508_010960108-1.jpg

MadForIt said:
Couldnt think of too many great Aussie bands off the top of my head
Jet, Temper Trap & Kylie

Ac/dc are not fully Aussies, they are Scots

Just hope Clarke, Johnson and Dan Smee dont do a Michael Hutchence

It doesn't matter since they are shit. :shrug:

Temper Trap are good, however.

Psh, Temper Trap's Sweet Disposition is a rip of Streets.

But clearly MadForIt isn't thinking hard enough. I posted this the other week:

Ax's Not-Exhaustive List of Good Aussie Bands in alphabetical order:

Alchemist
Alpine
Astriaal
Beaches
Boom Crash Opera
The Church
Cloud Control
Crowded House
Dirty Three
Eleventh He Reaches London
The Go-Betweens
Hazards Of Swimming Naked
Hunters & Collectors
Kyü
Laura
Love Of Diagrams
Midnight Oil
Ne Obliviscaris
The Night Terrors
Paul Kelly
Sleepmakeswaves
Sugar Army
This Is Your Captain Speaking
The Triffids
You Am I
Zond

He doesn't really need Oz music when he comes from, you know, the UK. :wink:

Cloud Control are quality.

Hussey is still a quality batsmen, but he's filler in the sense that his spot isn't concretised, the selectors wouldn't hesitate to drop him if someone waiting in the wings is both young and has Shield performances to back up a possible replacement of Hussey.

The best Number 6 in Australia, Smith looks terrible batting, un-co, lucky to get to 50.

He doesn't really need Oz music when he comes from, you know, the UK. :wink:

Australian music can hold its weight against UK music.

Hussey is still a quality batsmen, but he's filler in the sense that his spot isn't concretised, the selectors wouldn't hesitate to drop him if someone waiting in the wings is both young and has Shield performances to back up a possible replacement of Hussey.

Given that Hussey is the only guy who seems capable of saving Australia (with Haddin) half the time, you'd be mad to drop him favour of someone waiting in the wings unless you've already dropped nine other players first.

Deviating topics here, god I'm sick of Watson actually performing and getting praise. He got so many chances when he was utterly useless so he inevitably became decent with time, hogging chances that should've been offered to much better players. Does he give the selectors amazing blowjobs or something? He can't time his knock to suit the tempo required in an innings, he's so utterly individualistic, he's clearly incapable of establishing good partnerships with fellow openers, he never ever thinks he's out even when it's fucking plumb, and do we need to dig up the Chris Gayle video again to demonstrate how much of a childish knob he is? God it annoys me that not only is he still rocking around in the team, but he's finally got enough experience that he's outperforming most of them and is secure in his spot. I'd rather see Katich/Hughes open just because they don't make me spit bile every time I see them.

/rant

Crowded House are Kiwi

No they aren't (and I'm normally the leader of the Kiwis Against Australians Appropriating New Zealand Talent Movement). They formed in Melbourne. Their original line-up was 2/3rds Australian. Their line-up was never more than 1/2 Kiwi. Neil Finn being Kiwi doesn't make every band he's in Kiwi.

Crowded House are Kiwi

NZ 260/7 at end of day 1 vs Pakistan
50 n.o. for Southee

thats the best thing about the new zealand cricket team, it doesnt have to be taken so seriously unlike living here in australia!

they have bret and jermaine for company...:hug:

for the record i am born on the exact same day (and country - not hospital - now, that would be cool! ) as new zealand cricket player Peter mcglashan. interesting to notice the different paths me and him have taken since that day :wink:

Wouldn't be too confident of that, Phil Hughes averaged 16 for the entire series...

we really missed Katich. at least he would have left the occasional ball outside off stump instead of pushing at it after not hitting a four for two overs :doh:

No they aren't (and I'm normally the leader of the Kiwis Against Australians Appropriating New Zealand Talent Movement). They formed in Melbourne. Their original line-up was 2/3rds Australian. Their line-up was never more than 1/2 Kiwi. Neil Finn being Kiwi doesn't make every band he's in Kiwi.

oh really?? this has just made my day! :D

But the Finn bro's are the most important members of crowded house therefore they are Kiwi

Finn brothers? Tim was only in the band briefly, for the third album. The Aussie duo of Nick and Hessie are (well, in Hessie's case, were :() just as important.

Anyway, by your logic, back when Pietersen was the most important member of the English cricket team, does that mean England was South Africa?

You folks want a laugh? Hilditch fronts the press: We did a good job: selector

Uh, mate, just because you "love" the job and are passionate about it doesn't mean you're necessarily good at it. And your shameless buck-passing just makes you look like a tool.

New Zealand. What a bunch of match fixers.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a Dominion Post exclusive of Guptill and Ross Taylor being offered $50,000 to help NZ lose

Guptill spooned his shot straight in the air, and Taylor strolled to a run out

Or NZ really are that awful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom