Official Cricket 11/12 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is why there should be a tier system, like the one smee suggested.

i'm tipping a RSA/India final as well, with India winning, though it could go in any direction between those two, Sri Lanka and Pakistan.

NZs haven't been disgraced.

NZs haven't been disgraced.

I reckon we somewhat have. Besides Ross Taylor going ballistic against Pakistan, what did we do of note? I suppose we were pretty unfortunate to cop Australia right after the Christchurch quake; it was pretty obvious that some of the team didn't want to be there at all, and under different circumstances maybe we would've done better. Safe to say there is no hope we're going to get past the quarters; not even the South Africans know how to choke THAT spectacularly.

I'm really just hoping that we can build on some of our promising talent and take a genuinely competitive team into 2015.

1. That means fuck all when they've been beaten by Ireland and pushed to the limit by holland

2. Of course they are, they can match it with the windies and NZ, and can compete against the rest.

How many of you knew Zimbabwe are back playing tests in October?

Ireland match - you dont drop K O Brien but still you shdnt be beaten by Ireland
Holland - yeah true..

More or less agree with you :hyper:

I reckon we somewhat have. Besides Ross Taylor going ballistic against Pakistan, what did we do of note? I suppose we were pretty unfortunate to cop Australia right after the Christchurch quake; it was pretty obvious that some of the team didn't want to be there at all, and under different circumstances maybe we would've done better. Safe to say there is no hope we're going to get past the quarters; not even the South Africans know how to choke THAT spectacularly.

I'm really just hoping that we can build on some of our promising talent and take a genuinely competitive team into 2015.

One of the IPL innings in India or south africa ( cant remember)..Ross made a 33 ball 80.. If he can do it 3 times out of 3.. (or the one he did in this world cup), NZ could win it.. I hope they win ( if India loses out in semis or QF)

West Indies doing a great impression of Bangladesh here. 3/18 after ten overs, really?!

Going to be lucky if the entire team will get to 100! 7/71, fucking hell!

Maybe those people who stoned the Windies' bus a couple of weeks ago had actually just seen the future.

(In the time it took me to type this, they fell to 8/71. Lock in Pakistan for the semis, barring the most incredibly useless display of batting ever.)

I really can't see Ireland having done any worse than the Windies did. In fact, they probably would've taken it a whole lot further. After that staggering display of ineptitude, could somebody from the ICC please explain why the fuck the Windies deserve to automatically qualify for 2015 while Ireland may not even make it?

The crystal ball is currently giving India a 40.1% chance of winning and predicting the Oz team will score 258.

This could be interesting (finally).

Ricky, what happened? Did the aliens finally leave you body? :lol:

Wow, you could probably say Ponting's just saved his career. Especially if Australia end up winning this.

Tense run chase right now, especially with Sehwag and Tendulkar gone. So much talent left for India yet, but so many question marks after their recent collapses. This'll be interesting. Just how (im)potent is the Aussie bowling attack after all? We're about to find out.

Oh my god Gambhir, after such a well-played fifty, that is some of the WORST running I have ever seen in my life. No idea why he even went for that; Yuvraj wasn't interested for a second.

Come on India!

Think the tournament would go a bit flat if they were to go out at this stage.

In the balance right now but if Yuvraj is in the mood I still think India could make this fairly easily.

This has been so intense. Can India hold it together to pick up 32 off 42? Australia desperate for a wicket - Punter desperate for a bowler who can hold their own! And now Lee's off bleeding after trying to save a four and copping the ball to his face. It's all on!

The amount of soft, easy singles their spinners and slower bowlers gave away during the middle of the innings was a massive gift to India. But what do you expect when your spin attack is led by a mediocrity such as Krezja?

Brett Lee has every right to be livid with the rest of the bowling attack for being insipid and not applying any pressure with him. If it weren't for that one big over hit off him (thanks to Tait letting Yuvraj and Raina open up in the first place), his stats would be very impressive.

AUSTRALIA LOSES!

All I asked before this tournament began is that it wouldn't descend into irrelevance through a fourth consecutive Australian victory, and there we have it! Time for the Aussies to pack their bags and go home. India held their nerve, and full credit to Yuvraj and Raina for a rock-solid partnership to steer the ship home after things almost fell apart in the middle there with the dreadful running of Gambhir and then Dhoni throwing his wicket away for all too little. Look at the celebrations - it's like they just won the entire tournament. God that was huge.

Michael Hussey and Brett Lee presumably end their World Cup careers on disappointing notes, and I'd say Punter has ended his entire career on a disappointing note but that century's probably managed to save his place in the team, if not his captaincy.

Now, semi-final of India vs Pakistan? FUCKIN' BRING IT ON!

sehwag gifted his wicket
kohli hit a JUICY full toss to a fielder
gambhir tried thrice - 3rd time lucky...

out of 5 wickets, 3 were gifts..Aussie bowling is USELESS..

1) Dhoni should come down after Zaheer and before Munaf ( if he plays - not sure)
2) Pathan is practising for IPL now. I dont see him getting the semifinal game ( given raina played well)

Wonder where Yuvraj would have got his alcohol in the night .... ( probably got it from neighbouring Maharastra or Rajasthan ) considering Gujarat is the only state in India that has ban on alcohol... ( What happened to the freedom to drink !!! )

OH MY GOD WE WON!!!!!

Oh my fucking god! I went to bed when it was about 2/100, thinking "lul lul lulz New Zealand, if I wake up and we got even three more wickets, that's been a pretty decent showing". I had a dream that we won, woke up and thought pffft, then I got up and ... I don't think I initially even believed it!

flight_of_the_conchords.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom