Official Cricket 11/12 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Pakistan got a bit of an upset over Sri Lanka. That makes things a bit more interesting.

Can't see the Poms getting close to India.

Well wow, what an effort by England to pull off a tie! Results the last couple of days have really livened up this Cup.

Wonder if the Dutch can knock off the Windies?

Phenomenal knock by Strauss followed by the inevitable England collapse. India really should have won but a couple of sixes in the last two overs let England right back into it. Great match.

A few more like that and maybe the WC could get interesting.

what a game

i stayed up all night to see it

nice one to the england tail

Shehzad's six off his first ball was awesome!

What a disappointment though, I thought the Dutch would be competitive after their effort against England, and instead the supposedly shit Windies took them to pieces.

Also disappointing (but less surprising) was Canada's abject failure against the Zimbabweans.

More fuel for the "fuck off associates" fire. :sigh:

Steve Davies has come out and said he is gay.

Homosexuals of the world irate; James Anderson remains heterosexual stance. Clayton and Edge coy: "maybe... we'll see"

Hey, what a shock, Sri Lanka tore Kenya a new one.

Though, interestingly enough, not quite to the same brutal extent as the Black Caps did.

Kevin O'Brien I will have your babies!

Again fuck free to air!

This is a million times better than winning the one day series.

Thanks O'Brien & co for forcibly slapping that smug fucking grin right of Andrew "cunt" Strauss's face :D

You folks watching what's going down in Pakistan vs Canada? The Pakis have folded for 184!

Lowest total ever successfully defended on this ground is 187 apparently ... but then this is Canada, and I think it's questionable whether they can even stumble past 130. Or 100. But after Ireland's mindblowing win, the minnows probably believe they can do anything.

Well, the minnows apart from Holland, who abjectly folded against South Africa and are showing no signs of delivering on the promise they showed early in the tournament.

Yeah, I couldn't stay up for the second innings, but looks like the Canadians put on a valiant effort ... when they were 3/104, their supporters must've believed they were in with a shot. Shame they then blew it, losing 7 for 34.

Two big games coming up. Can Bangladesh prove they've come of age by knocking off the Windies (or at least prove that the Windies are utter shit)? Can New Zealand allay the worst fears of everybody who follows them or will we lose dismally to Zimbabwe?

By the way, where's dan_smee gone? Thought he'd be following this avidly.

Wow, Bangladesh falling to absolute pieces against the Windies. So much for the statement in my last post - 8/56 right now, truly embarrassing.

Meanwhile, New Zealand is cantering slowly trotting (with an occasional nibble at the grass) to victory over Zimbabwe.

Aha! Because in his absence I'm almost getting away with the impression that I know something about cricket.

Also, New Zealand wins (hooray, nice to win occasionally?) and Bangladesh bundled out for fifty-fucking-eight. Be surprised if the Windies take more than about six overs to knock that off.

Apparently they meant to throw stones at the Bangladeshi team bus and mistook the Windies' bus for it. :lol:

East Pakistan??

What is this? 1967?

It's Ceylon vs Australia later on today

And British India vs the Irish Free State on Monday

England vs the Boers tomorrow

I think you will find that it is Ceylon vs New Holland!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom