Official Cricket 11/12 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the most heartwarming things in the crowd yesterday was the booing of Michael Clarke by Aussies in the crowd and the elation when he went out... I loved it!

Watson was brilliant, I've gotta say

He sure knows how to belt the ball. :love:

I think this is a much better lineup, though would like to see Clarke either get his act together or go.

Hey folks, do you know why Australia lost the Ashes? No, it's not because the batting line-up is embarrassingly bad. Nor is it because the bowlers cannot take twenty wickets in a timely manner. And it's got nothing to do with any tactical decisions or individual brilliance on behalf of the English.

It's because Clarke and Hughes went to a breakfast function on Boxing Day: Ashes 2010-11: Michael Clarke and Phillip Hughes made 'supreme error of judgment', says Sutherland | Cricket News | Australia v England | ESPN Cricinfo

You can't make this shit up. What is Sutherland on?!

lol @ hilditch

168304_496666616842_694921842_6492068_835446_n.jpg

:lol:

Thoughts on the one day team?

I know two players I wouldn't be including.

Fingers crossed Mr Cricket is okay soon.

It's nice to win a game decisively for once, though!

I'd have paid "if a New Zealand cricket team wins a game, did it really happen?"

Normal programming has been resumed: New Zealand are back to their losing ways.

Australia wins ODI series against England despite the best efforts of a valiant last wicket stand by James Anderson and Neil Steve Finn. Who knew Australia still had a good team in one form of the game!

334 - Why, why, why couldn't they have put up this sort of a fight during the ashes :doh:

Interesting move with Mitchell Johnson, though typical bowler rush to the head to smash every ball :lol:

hey, guys! i've got a good idea! i think Jonathon Trott has a legside weakness! so let's continually bowl on his pads for three fucking months!!

:banghead:

The spot-fixing scandal: Butt out for 10 years, Asif 7 and Amir 5 | Cricket News | Cricinfo ICC Site | ESPN Cricinfo

Not sure how I feel about this. Obviously something needs to be done to combat any kind of fixing and I have no better ideas, but ... I feel like the real losers here are cricket fans. I know I'm going to miss seeing these players play, and the Pakistani team is going to be so much weaker without their talents (when they actually play a real cricket country rather than a bunch of second-rate Kiwi nobodies).

I must admit I have more sympathy for them than I would for players from Australia or New Zealand.

Channel 9 commentators right now going on about how the kitchen sink needs to be thrown at them as a deterrent for future players, bla bla bla. Haven't we learnt anything? Strong punishments don't deter people because they think THEY will get away with it where others haven't. Taking action against the circumstances that make it appealling to make some ill-gotten gains will be far more effective.

Now Channel 9's commentators are mouthing off about how Hotspot won't be used in the World Cup - giving completely incorrect reasons as to why. Guys, at least read up on something before you start spouting off.

Am I the only person who still cares about the Australia vs England ODI series?

Honestly, although England's results have been disappointing, I think some of the games have been closer than the Australians have suggested - especially the media, who've been looking for anything to crow about post-Ashes. At the very least, a series result of 5-2 rather than 6-1 would've been more reflective of the level of play, though it's obvious the series was at least two games longer than it should have been. I'm not complaining though; ODI cricket is my favourite and there have been some very exciting moments. Miles upon miles better than T20 fast food cricket.

Next stop, World Cup. God I hope Australia doesn't win it again. If they win it four times in a row, what's the fucking point! Though I don't think they have the team to do it at all - India and South Africa should both roll the Aussies.

As for New Zealand, I don't know if we'll even get out of the first round.

Is it hypocritical, as a massive test cricket fan, to claim to "not have the patience" to sit through the Superbowl?

Is it hypocritical, as a massive test cricket fan, to claim to "not have the patience" to sit through the Superbowl?

no. absolutely not. Test Cricket is very, very close to my favourite sport ever (AFL nudges it out, of course, but i seriously am head over heels for test cricket) and it is far more entertaining than the super bowl.

i have us winning two games. canada (i bet it'll be close though) and kenya (which i also strongly think may go either way).

zimbabwe also possible, but after that bangladesh series we had i really don't think we'll win more than two.

Let's see ... if we can actually beat Canada, Kenya, and Zimbabwe, that should get us through to the next stage. But god, we're in the weaker group and even it doesn't look promising for us. Australia and Sri Lanka will go through for sure, and presumably Pakistan (but you never really know). I won't be surprised if Kenya or Zimbabwe snare the fourth spot ahead of us.

In fact, bet you anything, we'll get an unexpected win over, say, Sri Lanka, then go and completely humiliate ourselves against the Canadians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom