Official Cricket 11/12 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few days ago, who thought New Zealand would be the last team standing that's NOT from the subcontinent? Not me! :lol:

But good god, the Sri Lankans were just a bit too clinical there. That said, their batting depth is ... well, not that great. If the Black Caps can snare some quick wickets, it could be a contest.

We've made the semis six times, same as Australia ... every single time, Australia has gone on to make the final (and won four of them), while New Zealand has never once advanced past the semis.

If we somehow sneak past Sri Lanka, that WILL be winning the World Cup for me.

Hey, folks in Australia, Channel Nine is actually broadcasting some of New Zealand's semi! We get the second half of the game, 11:55pm tomorrow to 4am Wednesday.

I'm going to die. But I am SO excited. I don't even know if I believe we can do this, but I WANT to believe we can.

How about 17-18 sixes! That would really help the cause.

:nervous:

PISS OFF PUNTER!

Although I think Clarke's a dreadful choice, I've been pretty well resigned to it for a while. Who else do you folk think is a viable alternative? Hilditch & Co. are so fucking dumb that if Clarke refused, they'd probably give the captaincy to the useless twit that is Shane Watson.

As for New Zealand, if the bowlers and fielders bring the same skills and intensity to this game as they did to the quarter-final, they could defend an in-between score of 220. The key is going to be dismissing the top order; the middle order and tail haven't had much cricket and may crack under pressure. Of course, the other key is some of the Kiwi batsmen coming through on their potential - e.g. about time for Ryder to finally play the innings we all know he's capable of.

The first semi's under way, folks. Brendan McCullum falls early, let's hope Guptill and Ryder can get a partnership going here.

Time passes so quickly when I'm drunk that I figure it may be a good way to try to get through the night.

Never mind work tomorrow.

And how the fuck has Ryder managed to stay patient so far!

Wow, Cricinfo's already calling this for Sri Lanka and we're a decent 2/70.

Hah, yeah, I suppose when HASN'T everyone been calling it for Sri Lanka. I called it for Sri Lanka the moment they beat the Poms.

Now time to have a nap and hope I come back to a respectable total. Fearing that we'll be all out for 170.

Might as well have been 170. 217? Unless we bowl out of our skins, that's never going to be enough. Goddamn, so many decent starts by the top order but nobody piled on enough.

Knew we couldn't fucking do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom