Official Cricket 09/10 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some Shane Watson trivia...

After 11 tests and one innings:

Inn: 19
NO: 0
Runs: 497
HS: 78
Ave: 26.15
Balls faced: 1056
SR: 47.06
100s: 0
50s: 4
0s: 1
4s: 74
6s: 1

This INCLUDES 240 runs in 5 innings (3 of his 4 50s) in the ashes series.

How THE FUCK is this guy opening the batting for Australia over Hughes, Jaques, Rogers o anyone else who has played above third grade cricket in their state capital??

Compare this to the two recent outcasts

Hughes

Innings: 9
Not Outs: 0
Runs: 472
HS: 160
Ave: 52.44
Balls Faced: 806
SR: 58.56
100s: 2
50s: 1
4s: 61
6s: 6

Soeone needs to letterbomb hilditch.

Jaques (decent comparison to Watson, as they have batted the same number of times in tests)

Inn: 19
Not Out: 0
Runs: 902
HS: 150
Ave: 47.47
Balls Faced: 1663
SR: 54.23
100s: 3
50s: 6
4s: 99
6s: 3

Let the rumours about Watson fucking Hilditch begin

you're goddam right i fancy a coup.

today has just confirmed my hatred for watson.

what the fuck is he doing in the side. you're right dan he must be giving hilditch blowies on the side.

Holy shit, a new thread.

I need to start paying attention to this season ... I'm still in a rugby/AFL mindset, not cricket.

new zealand did fantastically well. vettori almost pulled off another ton too.

as for our test, i'm starting to get really pissed off with the way journos are treating this series. it's only going to be shit if they keep saying it will. people are forgetting the windies are missing one of, if not their best bat, ramnaresh sarwan, and also their best bowler, fidel edwards.

read a text to the editor today. bloke reckoned "hodge to me always looked like a man who'd rather make 150 in a losing side than fail in a winning one. more passion and pride and he may have had a long and illustrious career"

what do we think of that?

What a load of bollocks! Cricket is hardly a true team sport anyway, you go out there and compile runs, and that's what Hodge could do, he'd go out there and compile runs, and if he needed to (in ODI and 20/20) he could do it quickly. That's what he was asked to do, and that's what he was bloody good at doing.

How does one look as if he would rather score 150 in a losing side anyway? That's just mumbo jumbo from apologetics for the selectors.

Windies 451
Bravo 104
Nash 92
Chanderpaul 62
Sammy 44

Aussies 439
Watson 96 :D
Katich 80
Clarke 71
Haddin 55
Benn 5/155 off 53 bowled superbly
Roach 3/93

images

couldn't be happier.

Fuck you Ben Dorries

I never actually thought the Windies were capable of this. Kudos.

Finally the windies are performing.

Honesly, i dont see how people are writing them off like this. They have Shiv, Sarwan, Bravo and Gayle. Barath looks good. Benn is ok, and Roach is quality.

Their bowling attack is better than ours

Their bowling attack is better than ours

steady on mate! :lol: roach is quick but he's certainly not dominating, and benn has an average in the high 40s. outside of that, they've got bravo, but that's pretty much it.

this test will end in a draw, surely, as much as i want to see the west indies win. and if gayle declares overnight (i thought they batted a bit slowly today) it is certainly not inconceivable for australia to win, they just have to deny a century of history.

great test. can't wait for the pakistan series either, wish i'd been able to watch their series with new zealand, it's been brilliant. umar akmal looks an absolute gem.

steady on mate! :lol: roach is quick but he's certainly not dominating, and benn has an average in the high 40s. outside of that, they've got bravo, but that's pretty much it.

this test will end in a draw, surely, as much as i want to see the west indies win. and if gayle declares overnight (i thought they batted a bit slowly today) it is certainly not inconceivable for australia to win, they just have to deny a century of history.

great test. can't wait for the pakistan series either, wish i'd been able to watch their series with new zealand, it's been brilliant. umar akmal looks an absolute gem.

It isn't so much of a stretch.

Roach is quality. He deserved his 3 wickets, and has been a handful all series. Sammy was average. Benn has performed much better than his average suggests. Bravo is class. Rampaul has toiled.

I would say Rampaul and Siddles have been on par. Roach has outshone all the quicks.. Benn vs Hauritz is a toss up. Gayle is the best part timer in the 2 sides. Bollinger is solid but underbowled, Johnson is erratic and once again has the surprise value of the straight ball.

I would say their bowling attack is as good as, if not better than the sides we have been putting out

Put it this way. If I was told I could pick a team to play on, id say WI right now, as id rather face Johnson, Hilf, Siddle, Ritz, Bolly, North and WATSON! than Roach, bravo, Rampaul, Sammy, Taylor, Benn and Gayle

It isn't so much of a stretch.

Roach is quality. He deserved his 3 wickets, and has been a handful all series. Sammy was average. Benn has performed much better than his average suggests. Bravo is class. Rampaul has toiled.

I would say Rampaul and Siddles have been on par. Roach has outshone all the quicks.. Benn vs Hauritz is a toss up. Gayle is the best part timer in the 2 sides. Bollinger is solid but underbowled, Johnson is erratic and once again has the surprise value of the straight ball.

I would say their bowling attack is as good as, if not better than the sides we have been putting out

well i have to disagree. roach is good, but remember he only got two against a second-string queensland outfit, and the aussies declared 8 down for 480odd in the first test. he's not going to take 7/1 in perth.

rampaul's only contribution so far has been the 40 he made in the first innings. siddle is carrying a slight injury but he's been ineffectual so far. definitely not the merv we're all hoping for... yet. i'd put katich up with gayle as a part timer, bowls very useful wrist spin (and he'd been my next captain to be honest).

also remember hilfenhaus missed this test, and he took 8 in the first.

Put it this way. If I was told I could pick a team to play on, id say WI right now, as id rather face Johnson, Hilf, Siddle, Ritz, Bolly, North and WATSON! than Roach, bravo, Rampaul, Sammy, Taylor, Benn and Gayle

if i was actually able to play cricket, i'd still much rather be on the australian team.

looks like we're in an absolute stalemate here.

well i have to disagree. roach is good, but remember he only got two against a second-string queensland outfit, and the aussies declared 8 down for 480odd in the first test. he's not going to take 7/1 in perth.

rampaul's only contribution so far has been the 40 he made in the first innings. siddle is carrying a slight injury but he's been ineffectual so far. definitely not the merv we're all hoping for... yet. i'd put katich up with gayle as a part timer, bowls very useful wrist spin (and he'd been my next captain to be honest).

also remember hilfenhaus missed this test, and he took 8 in the first.

if i was actually able to play cricket, i'd still much rather be on the australian team.

looks like we're in an absolute stalemate here.

Stalemate it is. I dont think saying that none of the bowlers are Curtly Ambrose is a negative thing. Neither team has a Curtly Ambrose. Neither team has a Merv Dillon, or a Fidel Edwars, or a Scott Muller. Hell, neither team has a cameron cuffy.

Katich is as good as Gayle, but Ponting never bowls him, so there's no point in thinking about the comparison.

Back
Top Bottom