Official Cricket 09/10 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ENG dead and buried v South Africa

it should have been 3-1 to SA not 1-1

Eng escaped twice

woeful batting display, i expect a call up at this rate

can you explain what happened with the referral when Smith was on 15?

re: England, as Richie would say - "piss poor effort that".

S. Watson (after 17 tests)
1106 runs @ 39.5
27 wickets @ 32.2

A. Flintoff (after 17 tests)
543 @ 20.1
26 @ 40.6

Back to us - Aamer is going to be a great player for Pakistan, bat and ball.

Hauritz now has 53 wickets at 29.7 - awesome stuff.

Bangladesh also 0/21 after rolling India for 243 - Tendulkar with another ton.

BASICALLY the AUSSIE 3rd umpire has his AUSSIE heart on his sleeve Darryl Hard of Hearing Harper that is

Smith had a swipe at a wide one of Sidebottom. England heard a big nick and appealed. Onfield KIWI umpire said Not Out

England appealed - the stump mike heard a HUGE noise as the ball passed the bat - therefore SKY and the South African Tv blokes thought Smith was out as there was an obvious noise as the ball passed the bat.

HOWEVER, AUSSIE umpire didnt have the sound up on his speakers, therefore he heard nothing and said NOT OUT. Smith then smashed a 100

Eng lodged an appeal against Harper for not listening to the replay, instead Harper was having a few tinnies and watching Home and Away.

Nevertheless, England were shit and would have lost anyway.

You say that as if we hate England more than we hate South Africa.

i don't agree with MadForIt's xenophobia but i do agree that harper is a shit umpire. that decision on smith was appalling.

we didn't do enough to win the series but decisions like that just really fucking annoy me. it's the 21st century for crying out loud.

So what moron let Australia and Pakistan have essentially the same ODI uniforms? Bloody hell.

I miss Australia having predominantly "gold"/yellow uniforms anyway.

The green is atrocious, only to appease the Commonwealth Bank by ensuring that their logo stands out more on the jersey.

Why is it an issue that they have the same uniform. Just remember Australia are running into the wind, and Pakistan are kicking off....

Seriously, two dudes have bits of wood in their hand, and pads on their legs. They are on one team, the other team dont, except for one dude who stands behind the stumps with big hands on. They generally handle the ball, where the guys with the wood hit it with their wood.

Simple game, and noone complains in those infernal and confusing test matches when both those moronic teams wear white! my god...

In case you missed the memo, the point of coloured uniforms was to distinguish the teams, not to make them look near-identical.

Nope. It was that using a white ball in night games, it didnt get lost in the player uniforms. The only reason they are certain colours is that they match the colours of the nation. With Aus and Pakistan they are the same. It doesnt matter in the slightest...

i saw the highlights of that ODI
didnt realise there were so many Pakistani people in Aus, thought John Howard would have blocked their entry back in the day

Just hope you guys dont end up like the UK, where ANYONE can come and never leave. UK is a dump.

Anyways, pakistan are rubbish

what do we think of John Howard being the joint NZ/Aus ICC President candidate?

i'm never one to place the sheep shaggers above Australia, but when they have a candidate in Sir John Anderson who is much better equipped for the role, maybe it's time to let NZ take over for once.

sure as hell better than letting India control another facet of the game.

Pakistan are an incredibly frustrating team to watch. If you turn away for 10 minutes and come back, almost certainly they would have lost a wicket in that space in time.

and test cricket continues to show why it is by far the best form of the game. whilst everyone in this country is busy not attending the terribly uninteresting one-dayers, South Africa and India are playing some thrilling test cricket.

the saffas were 1/218, with debutant Petersen and the amazing-to-watch Amla both getting tons, and now they are 9/266.

I am calling the Bangladesh NZ test is guna be the best of the year. 5/159 now 5/260odd for NZ. Bangladesh have plenty of guys that have scored runs lately (Imrul Kayes, Junaid Siddique, Tamim Iqbal, Shakib, Mahmudullah, Nafees)

They are a much better team than they used to be, and I rekon in 3 years they will be up the rankings a few places

maybe a couple of places. not much more though. look at a player like Ashraful - one of their most talented, but he fails more often than not.

the sydney test will be hard to beat.

Mahmudullah makes a ton! Banglas make 408.

Four indians make tons (Dan is the reason Dravid is not playing because of injury or because he's finally moved/been moved on?) on what i will confidently assume is a flat deck.

Back
Top Bottom