Official Cricket 09/10 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
But he's damn right about Smith. Like I said before, he's only the faintest of improvements on Marcus North.

Somebody's going to have to do a new cricket thread soon ...

:lol::up:

My how the tables have turned in 4 short years.

Great moment in Cricinfo's commentary:

And Scott, you've made my morning with this email: "To echo the words of the great Kent Brockman; without knowing precisely what the problem is, would you suggest it's time for Australian cricket fans to crack each others heads open and feast on the goo inside?"

Yes, Kent. I would.

Made my morning too.

Siddle just got out for 43. Right now, that makes him Australia's highest scorer this innings, and third highest all match, after Watson's 45 and Johnson's 53 in the first innings. Johnson the only half-centurion for Australia?! The fuck. That's damning.

Though Smith's on 40 right now. How long can he last?

BBC Test Match Special's SIR Geoff Boycott

"I think that even in most of our wildest dreams, three innings victories was more than we could have expected."

In Affectionate Remembrance of AUSTRALIAN CRICKET, which died in SYDNEY on 7th January 2011, Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing friends and acquaintances. R.I.P. N.B. - The body will be cremated and the ashes taken to England."

MadForIt said:
In Affectionate Remembrance of AUSTRALIAN CRICKET, which died in SYDNEY on 7th January 2011, Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing friends and acquaintances. R.I.P. N.B. - The body will be cremated and the ashes taken to England."

Hahahhaha it was good having you and 1sc closer around. I can only hope you're both gonna get pissed now...

First time Australia's ever lost three matches by an innings in a single series. Total carnage. Wonderful stuff.

Everybody get hammered tonight!

The thing is, as awesome as this English side is, this current Aussie side is substantially weaker than some of the Pommie sides we smashed between 94-03. Those sides at least had some good players (Stewart, Hick, Gough, Vaughan), while we don't. All members of the current Aussie side (bar Haddin, who should be Captain) seem like filler.

Back
Top Bottom