Official Cricket 09/10 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well good luck mate.

Anyone following the india SL game?

India made 414, and SL are 1/280 off 33 overs in reply. Pretty amazing finish coming up

was a great finish. Shame Sanga and Dilshan got out when they did, then they had 3 run outs. Fell 3 runs short. I really like the way SL play cricket. They have nicely separated themselves from the typical subcontinental over-appealing nonsense, they have a great attitude, some fantastic cricketers (Sanga, Samaraweera, Dilshan, Jayawardene, Mendis) Shame to see them lose a great run chase. Still, you are right about the pitches.

Graeme_Swann_1398370i.jpg

Legend. 5 wickets and a great knock of 85 to rescue another inept english 1st innings. why he didn't make his test debut until he was 29 is beyond me.

Swanny :up:
The selectors :doh:

it's also Ntini's 100th test match. LEGEND.

is it just me, or does it piss anyone else off seeing 7ft blokes bowling spin (and sometimes pies!)

wbSPORTLIFEbenn_narrowweb__300x386,0.jpg
South+Africa+v+Australia+2nd+Test+Day+One+5xyfJMw4W4Pl.jpg

Shane Watson, what a cock. That child will never be half the cricketer Chris Gayle is.

Shane Watson, what a cock. That child will never be half the cricketer Chris Gayle is.

I will have to second this. I've got next to no respect for the guy (Watson).

Hopefully the Windies can pull of a miracle, even if they do lose, I am brave enough to put it as the "rebirth of West Indian cricket", they can match it with the best, methinks.

I will have to second this. I've got next to no respect for the guy (Watson).

Hopefully the Windies can pull of a miracle, even if they do lose, I am brave enough to put it as the "rebirth of West Indian cricket", they can match it with the best, methinks.

i don't like watson but he'd be up there with chris gayle as the player of the series.

he's proven he is a vital cog in the team, much to my dismay.

i can't make up my mind whether i like dougy bollinger or not...

not sure if i can agree with your final statement, i think we made the west indies look a bit better than they really are, but they've got a lot of talent and hopefully they can play more test cricket in the future.

i'm writing a letter to Ben Dorries from the herald sun, who spent the entire series whinging about how shit it was going to be, and how every test was going to be an innings victory to Australia and finished inside three days.

test cricket is awesome.

can somebody please explain for me the seemingly intense dislike of shane watson?

haven't following aus v windies but thought he didn't do too badly when he was asked to open during the ashes.

Well, that "in your face" celebration after taking the wicket of Chris Gayle, if you saw it you'd completely understand. I don't like Doug Bollinger much anyway, prefer Stuart Clark.

yeah he does look like a bit of a prick looking at that video.

reminds me of when martin keown celebrated in ruud van nistelrooys face after he missed that penalty for manchester united a few years ago:

Arsenal-v-Man-United-Mart-001.jpg

idiot.

Hah, I remember that game as if it was only a year or so ago. Still fresh in my memory. It was quite widely publicised, that.

I wonder where Keown is now? :hmm:

can somebody please explain for me the seemingly intense dislike of shane watson?

haven't following aus v windies but thought he didn't do too badly when he was asked to open during the ashes.

he's becoming much harder to criticise now the bastard, :lol:

took the two biggest wickets of the fourth innings getting Gayle and Deonarine out..

Don't care who he got out, he's a petulant little child and emblematic of the worst of Australian cricketing culture.

I would actually applaud Chris Gayle for not actually swinging his bat at Watson after that disgraceful celebration. It would be hard to resist, in Gayle's position I would have done just that.

And today on the news he's been saying that Gayle provoked him and all. I'm not going to believe him. :lol:

haha, even so, its called sledging Shane, and if you cant take a bit you shouldnt be playing G Grade in the park in Bundaberg. There is a difference between sledging and the pathetic display he put on.

Notice Johnson and Haddin were gracious, admitted their mistakes and took the medicine. Watson today "awww he baited me!"

What a cunt.

Well he's gotta apologise sooner or later, the longer it takes, the harder it'll hit his image.

Well he's gotta apologise sooner or later, the longer it takes, the harder it'll hit his image.

saw the interview on fox sport news... "are you embarrassed about your behaviour?"

Watson (incredulously and suprisingly deep voiced when one saw the conversation between Ponting and himself about the referral "I thought he definately hit that!" (in falsetto)): "what?!?! No!"

:giggle:

Hopefully the Pakistani's can tear him up come Boxing Day. Australia will have their hands full.

Pakistan are a goo side. That series was more a reflection of Daniel Vettori's skill and the fact that different players are starting to step up (albeit infrequently). O'Brien put in a good innings, Bond had a great first test, Martin had good spells, Watling looks the goods. They have potential, and they are much improved.

Pakistan have the talent to give any team a scare, the akmals, farhat, butt, good side.

Sad about Bond. Fantastic test cricketer, and NZ cricket is much worse off for that announcement.

Back
Top Bottom